What non-baby related things are you looking forward to/dreading after birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm dreading the first after-baby bowl movement (mine!)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 07:46 PM

i'm dreading wearing pads and all that comes with it and putting up with mil when she comes to visit!
#3 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 PM

i'm dreading the after birth pains and bowel movements and peeing and all of that stuff and lochia

i'm really looking forward to being able to tolerate the smell of garlic and being able to eat garlic and having pesto sauce and looking forward to food in general.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#4 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 08:13 PM

I'm looking forward to being able to bend over again to pick something up off the floor!! And wearing "normal" clothes again..

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#5 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ive been busting my ass for the last several weeks, Im still doing everything, DH is wtill working about 70 hrs a week. Im looking forward to LAYING and RELAXING while my mom is here helping me.

I have AfterEase afterpain tincture (google it and get some!!) so Im not worried about afterpains, it was awesome last time. I did have ibuprofen on hand but only took one dose I think. This time I have arnica on hand.

I will be taking Phillips liquigels so my first after baby bowel movement doesnt scare me either. It is a surreal experience for those whove never given birth before, that first poop!! LOL

I dont think Im dreading anything except lack of sleep, but I know the adrenaline will help me get through it.
#6 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 08:40 PM

I'm looking forward to being able to get out of bed again! Also, putting on my own socks will be nice. And, while I'm not looking forward to my labia being all sore, I am looking forward to being able to SEE my labia.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#7 of 30 Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm looking forward to being able to eat less and exercise more and get my body back!! I cannot WAIT for it. I'm counting the seconds until I can.

I'm not looking forward to the missed sleep or the actual birth itself (although that technically doesnt fall into the "after" part) My after birth issues were very minimal last time, and I had no problems using the restroom etc beyond some stinging when I pee'd (which was easily remedied with a peri bottle and some skin soothing herbal infusion in it) I didnt tear though, just some "skid marks" so I can imagine it could be much worse.
#8 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 02:11 AM

Well my baby is here (born 10/2/07) and I have to say I'm loving being able to bend over without a human in the way. Being able to sleep and change positions in bed. Being able to wear my normal clothes well pants, all my shirts are to tight boobs are huge this time. I can hold my 4 year old on my lap again and read him stories.
#9 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 02:40 AM

I cant wait to sleep on my belly... on god that will be so nice.

Not looking forward to less sleep.
(speaking of which....)
#10 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 AM

Not really looking forward to my ultra clean nurse practitioner MIL coming to visit for a whole week. Not looking forward to her seeing the disaster that is my house, especially since I had been bragging how much more organized I was becoming (and I was! until the last month or so). And we still haven't mentioned we're having a homebirth this time because of how dangerous and irresponsible she thinks it is.

Am looking forward to having enough space on my lap for the children to sit, think they're starting to take it personally.
Can't wait for my pubic bone to start healing.
Can't wait to stop living in the bathroom.
Oh and to stop being so emotional about every little thing.

Alicia + James = Gabriel (9), Uriah (7), Ayla (5), Noah (3), Azriel (1), and due Oct. 2011

#11 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 AM

I'm looking forward to eating whatever I want

I'm also looking forward to washing below my knees and doing up my own shoes

Oh and saying goodbye to constipation!

That's all I can think of for now
#12 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 06:04 AM

Bending over, really. Being able to hold my kids on my lap without pushing one off accidentally.

I'm not looking fwd to how big my boobs will get. Currently I'm busting out of a DDD, I shudder to think of what size I'll be with milk.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#13 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaera View Post
I cant wait to sleep on my belly... on god that will be so nice.

Not looking forward to less sleep.
(speaking of which....)

i am still sleeping belly down even with my ginormous belly. i use a LOT of blankets and pillows and things so my belly hangs and doesn't get much pressure on it when i sleep. my midwife was actually really happy i am doing this because my baby has been posterior and she said tis is one of the best ways to get a baby anterior and it appears to have worked. baby is now anterior. when ii sleep on my side without the belly hanging down ii wake up on my belly which is why i do the belly nest thing and just stat off that way with it supported. seems better than waking up wit a lot of weight on the belly which always worries me.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#14 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I'm looking forward to being able to move like a regular person, rather than a 70 year old, athritic man.

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to having to go off of dairy, tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, broccoli, cabbbage, etc. so that this sweet babe doesn't have 'colic'.
#15 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Driving! I have the seat scooted so far back it's ridiculous! lol

And sleeping, shaving, hmm, what else?

Not looking forward to nights on my own with ds3 and the baby, but hopefully ds gets back to sleeping better now (last night went well, thankfully, after a rough week)
#16 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
I'm looking forward to being able to move like a regular person, rather than a 70 year old, athritic man.

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to having to go off of dairy, tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, broccoli, cabbbage, etc. so that this sweet babe doesn't have 'colic'.
This baby could be different, why give it up until you have to?
#17 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 03:18 PM

I'm looking forward to lying on my back!
Bending over without geting kicked!
cuddling with my boys again.

I'm not looking forward to bleeding for a month or so and the afterbirth. I'm hoping the RRL tea will help with both.
#18 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 03:40 PM

I'm looking forward to not have to worry about protein intake anymore, bending over, sleeping (when I can) in whatever position I want, pulling my knee-high socks up when they fall down, snuggling with DS and the baby, smelling the baby (okay, I know these are suppose to be non-baby related), and not having to pee so much.

I am not looking forward to sleepless nights, leaky breasts, missing my beautiful pregnant belly, knowing I will probably never be pregnant again, the hormonally-induced sadness I get for about 3 weeks pp, and I am not sure what to expect as far as the DS and baby thing so I am not looking forward to it if it is difficult...otherwise I am looking forward to it!
#19 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
This baby could be different, why give it up until you have to?
Oh, I won't but the last two have been. Believe me, I will hold on to the dairy until the very last minute!

It's amazing to me how quickly the last one got over the 'colic' when I went off dairy. I wish I had known w/my third! He cried for about 8 months straight!
#20 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
Oh, I won't but the last two have been. Believe me, I will hold on to the dairy until the very last minute!

It's amazing to me how quickly the last one got over the 'colic' when I went off dairy. I wish I had known w/my third! He cried for about 8 months straight!
That really sucks. We had no issues with food, so I'm hoping that we can be so lucky this time around (and that early nursing will go smoothly!)
#21 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 04:54 PM

I am looking forward to having lap for DS to sit on. I want to sleep on my back or belly if I want to, and not get up a million times to urinate.

NOT looking forward to all the lovely things that come out of my body after I have baby! I am looking forward to having DH here for two weeks, but also nervous about him going back to work after that. YIKES!
#22 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 01:03 AM

I'm looking forward to not peeing a million times a day/night and bending over. Rolling over in bed without my hips moving out of alignment (man that feels so weird when you are aware of it!). My kids would also like my lap back and I'd like them to be able to sit on it.

I'm not looking forward to the lochia and being tired. I'm also not looking forward to the extra laundry (although diaper laundry was the only kind of laundry I ever really enoyed washing). I'm crossing my fingers that this baby doesn't spit up quite as much as ds did. We went through tons of clothes and burp cloths.

Noelia- mama to 4
#23 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstkid4me View Post
That really sucks. We had no issues with food, so I'm hoping that we can be so lucky this time around (and that early nursing will go smoothly!)
My first two were so EASY. Perfect nursers, easy going, never cried. I thought I was a pro when the third one came along it was a whole new ball game.

He was an awful nurser, cried all the time and would only sleep w/me for like FIVE YEARS. He hated Gma and Gpa (he only just now, at 10yo, will spend the night alone at their house!).

My fourth was an awful nurser, too. He would not nurse in public, which really stinks when you have four kids, incl. two teenagers and all of their social/sports activities. But the moment he started the 'colic' cry I changed my diet and at least he wasn't as miserable as #3!

I hope you don't have issues w/food. It is curious that some babes do and some don't!
#24 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

I'm looking forward to NO MORE HEARTBURN!!
#25 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Looking forward to shopping for some clothes and riding my horses - and moving into my new house!
#26 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Looking forward to belly sleeping
And although I don't want to leave my babe I miss my job and am actually looking forward to being able to go back to work pt, very limited hours. And finally planning for our future, getting finances straightened out and settling down, buying a house. Which would have happened the end of this year if #3 hadn't been such a surprise
Losing weight - I was in the middle of a diet when I got pregnant and gained 75% of all the weight back. Starting from scratch again but at least now I know how to lose fast.
#27 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 03:10 PM

I can't wait to...

- Run, walk fast, jump!
- Not having my hips hurt so bad I cringe at every position change
- Take a walk and not be afraid I might not be able to come back home
- Afterpains were quite awfull last time, I *hope* they won't be as bad (wishfull thinking here )
- Lifting my children and being able to bring them to their bed when they've fallen asleep somewhere akward instead of leaving them there.
- Bending over without squishing someone LOL

And much much more...

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
#28 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 03:14 PM

I'm looking forward to meeting and hanging out with my baby! I'm looking forward to my mom's visit . I'm really looking forward to my maternity leave (3 months paid for a part time job- Go union!).

I'm also looking forward to not having to pee all of the time, to not having to worry so much about what I am eating (I've been really sensitive to sugar and have needed a lot more meat than usual, so I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal diet which includes more carbs and fruits). I'm looking forward to being able to have a margarita or glass of wine at dinner. : I'm looking forward to nursing. I'm looking forward to wearing my normal clothes. I'm looking forward to not having swollen feet. I'm looking forward to being able to take a sauna after I swim. I'm looking forward to being able to really hug DH.
#29 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 PM

sleeping. I am looking forward to sleeping without pain or anymore insomnia. DD nursed every hour or two around the clock for two and a half years and I got soooo much more sleep than I'm getting now.

And I'm looking forward to not wearing support clothes. And loosing weight.
#30 of 30 Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM

I am so looking forward to going shopping at Old Navy and buying regular JEANS!! My belly has already gone down considerably and now I look almost like I did pre-pregnancy! My gut just looks like I put on a few pounds but with a well made girdle, that won't be an issue for long! My hips did spread some (as told by a few light stretch marks on my hips) so I might end up a size larger in the hips than I was but my curves didn't go! Yaaay!

Jeans! Jeans! I love jeans!! And since winter is coming and I've got my balance back I also can't wait to wear boots! Stilletos at that!

Ph.D. Mama to Anaiah born 10/06/07 and Mathias born 11/14/09 and Wife to my cocoa puff DH.
My Cup Runs Over Daily!

www.becomingamommy.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page