itching driving me crazy!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope someone can give me info or advice.... for the last 4 days or so I have had patches of extremely itchy skin throughout my body. The areas are mostly concentrated on my hands arms and legs. They are raised and bumpy and extremely itchy and of course the more I scratch, the more they itch. I wake up at night due to this. I have never had this during pg before and am assuming it is related. Anyone else? Any ideas? Is this the symptom of something more serious that I should call my mw about? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Aveeno baths help alot and baby powder helps too but relief is only temporary. :

peace
jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#2 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 03:47 PM

I have that too! I was just going to post about it. My arms, hands, belly, and back of my thighs itch SO bad. It stinks! Just another lovely pregnancy thing I guess!
#3 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

i just did some more searching.... sounds like PUPPS. There is another condition that can be more serious and requires testing to confirm... cholestasis or something. I think the second condition has no rash though, just all over itching and can be harmful to baby. I definitely have a raised rash. I called my mw and she reassured me that itching in late pg is very common and I should not worry. She suggested benedryl. I will try it and see. Anyone else with experience with any of these conditions and can confirm any of the above info?

peace
jen

#4 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Not in your DDC, but I stumbled upon this post. I had this with my first pregnancy. It was just terrible. It sounds a lot like PUPPPs, and I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I found relief from ice cold baths and showers and hydrocortisone cream and benadryl. It got so bad that I started bleeding when I itched. Unfortunately, the only true cure is delivery.
#5 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM

I have had PUPPP with both pregnancies and the only thing that worked for me was a homeopathic medicine called rhus-toxicodendrin. It cleared it up in about three days the first time. This time I started taking it as soon as I noticed the signs, and it never got past a couple of itchy patches that were very tolerable. The other thing that gave some temporary relief was ice packs.
#6 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 09:10 PM

Sorry to hear you all have this itchy-ness, I wish I could help, I just wanted to say I hope you all feel better soon!
#7 of 7 Old 10-07-2007, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies... I guess I am lucky that my edd is wed so hopefully I don't have long to go

peace
jen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page