I am seriously going to strangle- - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-the next person who says anything about how pregnant I am and how I MUST be going to have this baby anytime now!

Last night it was the cashier at the grocery store who had the nerve to say, "Wow, I never got that big with my son. You're huge!"

Today, it was about a million people, including my pastor and some anonymous lady on the street, who actually bothered to say, "You definitely look like you're due any day now!" Or maybe the man who leaned over to my husband at coffee hour and said, "Is that your wife? She's REALLY pregnant!" Thanks, man. I had no clue. Glad to see there's an explanation for this heavy, bulky mass I'm carrying around and calling my stomach.

I will strangle the next person who says anything about my size, needing a tent to cover my belly, or how I must have been due yesterday.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#2 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#3 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 AM

(((hugs)))

What I hate are the people who give me deer-in-the-headlights looks and ask if I am going to go into labor right there. Uh, yeah. That is why I am here at the library/preschool/grocery store - to go into labor in front of you and make YOU deliver my baby. Honestly. :

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#4 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 AM

#5 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 12:50 PM

I sooo know how you feel...I can not go to the store without being stopped by 10 different people, and today I had to go to the hospital for blood work (I am diabetic) and I had seriously like 12 people there saying wow your gonna pop, that baby is ready to come out now, your not gonna make it till next week (im due next week) etc etc...Drives me nuts...my DH is like they are just trying to be nice etc...I realize that BUT I FEEL LIKE CRAP leave me alone, anyone who has been through this should know how annoying all the comments are! (I dont make comments unless I know the person and even then they are not stupid comments like I am hearing on a daily basis)

OH and my sons Bus Driver has had a new comment every day last week and just waiting to see what she has to say today ERRR

Sorry to rant in your thread
#6 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaDixon View Post

Drives me nuts...my DH is like they are just trying to be nice etc...I realize that BUT I FEEL LIKE CRAP leave me alone, anyone who has been through this should know how annoying all the comments are!
OMG I can sooo relate!! I guess what bugs me the most about all this "banter" around me is that it's all people will talk to me about. Seriously, do people think that the only thing going on in my life right now is the lump I'm waiting to deliver?? I do have a life. And guess what? I have a face and a brain. Talk to me about something other than being pregnant.

I can completely understand what women are always saying when they are large breasted and feel like people are only looking at their breasts. I get it now; people seem to only see my pregnant belly. I'm just getting tired of being constantly reminded of the baby that - believe me - I would deliver this moment if I could, but I don't have any control over it. So stop making me sad about it.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#7 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 PM

I work Fri/Sat taking newborn pics at the hospital. So the nurses and such should be good at dealing with pregnant women. But no, allllll weekend, all I heard was OMG your huge! You look so much biggger this week, blah blah blah

Then when I complained to dh, he had the nerve to laugh!!!
#8 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bens_mommy_2005 View Post
OMG I can sooo relate!! I guess what bugs me the most about all this "banter" around me is that it's all people will talk to me about. Seriously, do people think that the only thing going on in my life right now is the lump I'm waiting to deliver?? I do have a life. And guess what? I have a face and a brain. Talk to me about something other than being pregnant.

I can completely understand what women are always saying when they are large breasted and feel like people are only looking at their breasts. I get it now; people seem to only see my pregnant belly. I'm just getting tired of being constantly reminded of the baby that - believe me - I would deliver this moment if I could, but I don't have any control over it. So stop making me sad about it.

Yep I totally agree, those are the only comments and conversations I get these days, even from friends and family...that is all they care about and I just want to talk about something else! So annoying!
#9 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post
I work Fri/Sat taking newborn pics at the hospital. So the nurses and such should be good at dealing with pregnant women. But no, allllll weekend, all I heard was OMG your huge! You look so much biggger this week, blah blah blah

Yeah the DH laughing...that is soooo bad! Mine likes to laugh at me ALL DAY TODAY..I have been having some VERY strong contractions today and each time I grab and my tummy or start "breathing through them" he starts laughing like crazy...im like AHHHHHHH lol
#10 of 13 Old 10-08-2007, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl Srissa View Post

I am so sorry!! I can imagine everyone there would have a ball with a pregnant lady, seeing as how babies are constantly on the mind around there. I'm so sorry. You know, next time they say that, "You look so much bigger this week," you should, completely seriously, go, "Oh, so do you!"

Maybe that would stop it. And.....maybe do more damage. But darn would it feel good!

#11 of 13 Old 10-09-2007, 09:08 AM

Yesterday at Home Depot, an elderly woman nicely said, "Oh, looks like you'll be having a baby soon!" I responded, "Yes, any day now!" "Is your due date coming up?" She asked. "It was a few days ago," I said. "Oh, you're going to have this baby soon; I can tell." :
#12 of 13 Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Yesterday at Home Depot, an elderly woman nicely said, "Oh, looks like you'll be having a baby soon!" I responded, "Yes, any day now!" "Is your due date coming up?" She asked. "It was a few days ago," I said. "Oh, you're going to have this baby soon; I can tell." :
#13 of 13 Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM

Not in your DDC, but you made me laugh. I'm almost 29 weeks and I'm just now starting to get the, "Wow, you're really pregnant" comments.
Next time, I'm going to say, "Huh, I guess that would explain it."

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page