help with itching - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ladies, I know I don't have pupps but I am seriously itchy. I am thinking a baking soda and oatmeal bath might be helpful, but my lower tummy and thighs are so itchy.

anything i should try?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 11:25 AM

i posted a similar thread a few days ago. unfortunately i am also suffering with itching. don't know if it is pupps or not. at this point i think not because it is not getting any worse just nagging and itchy and irritating. i have found aveeno oatmeal baths to be very soothing. also, when i have a particularily itchy patch and can't sleep i use a bit of hydrocortisone and that lets me sleep. mw suggested benadryl because i could not sleep due to the itching. i took one and slept great but not sure if it affected the itching or just knocked me out. i won't do that again. i usually don't like to take meds especially while pg but could not stand it any longer. hope you find some relief... do a search on the pg forum, unfortunately there are lots of moms who suffer from itching late in pg and there are some good suggestions for more natural remedies that I just have not had the time to explore yet.

peace

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 PM

Cocoa butter lotion seems to help me. The Body Shop has some awesome stuff. Also, when I was pg with my first, I found some stuff called "Auntie Itch" at the local health food/supplement store. It is medication free, and really does do the trick. I have been using it on bug bites and everything else instead of hydrocortosone ever since.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies. Of course, I made the mistake of reading about cholestatis. I don't itch all over, just my breasts, thighs and lower belly. I don't have other symptoms but I do have a midwife appt tomorrow.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Gold Bond lotion? I love that stuff!

User Tag List