Tomorrow? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tomorrow is the day I predicted - my mom's birthday. I'm feeling pretty crampy... it would be so cool to be right In Hypnobabies they tell you to focus on a date, and often moms deliver on that date - maybe I'll get to be one? That would be so cool... Just letting myself get a little excited at least for one night
#2 of 10 Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 PM

tomorrow is the day i predicted too! we'll see...

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#3 of 10 Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Grrrr.... lot's of hard contractions last night, but they petered out. Still plenty of time for a 10/10 baby though Good luck Thorn!
#4 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Well, looks like I'm not going to get my 10/10 baby... shucks!

MIL called tonight, and she's on my hit list now. They plan to come visit us this weekend - and dh doesn't have the balls to stand up to his mommy and tell her to wait. I do NOT want company. I do NOT want any family around when I am anywhere close to labor. WHY can't they figure this out by now?!! I wish I could run away somewhere and have my baby alone. *sigh*
#5 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 02:01 AM

bummer...

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#6 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

So looking for a silver lining to this MIL and FIL thing coming... It occurred to me that maybe it would be a good idea to send dd with them for a visit when they come - it would probably be for about 2 weeks. For one I don't know if that is a good idea or not. I wanted her to be here for the baby's birth, so she wouldn't come home and everything be changed with a new baby and all. On the other hand, things are not going good here with her. We are in a small apartment. I don't get to get her out and let her run much - it's hard to lug her and ds out the door to go do something and then watch her while corraling ds. Places I can take her to play are not suited for a 1 year old, so it is stressful for me since I can't just let him run and play too. She is going through this streak where everything we tell her to do she has a reason why she can't, won't, or doesn't want to. Then when we insist, she throws herself in the floor. DH has no patience with her, and patience has never been my strong suit. The idea of only having to deal with ds for 2 weeks is very appealing to me. But then I bring it up to dh, and first he gripes at me that I never know what I want and he just went through with his mom the reasons why we wanted dd to be here for the birth. And then he doesn't want to do it cause 2 weeks is a long time and she will miss us. I don't know : I think we are both caught up on this fantasy of having the kids be with us for the birth and being 1 big happy family... but it's not reality, reality is that we are yelling at our 3 year old all day long and stressed out. If she goes to MILs, she'll be get alot of individual attention and loving... and I might actually get to spend some nice time with my son before he becomes the middle child... I am so mixed up!
#7 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to handle my 2 year old and my newborn and as much as I don't want my DD #1 to be whisked away and driven 5 hours from here, I think I could use the break...

Good luck on whatever you decide!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#8 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 11:11 AM

I've thought many times of sending DS to visit his grandparents for a few weeks. If he had not just come back from a visit over the summer I would have called and begged them to take him.

That being said, it sucks that your family is coming this weekend. I told my mom not to come (she was going to be here last weekend) because i couldn't stand the idea of someone getting into my 'labor space' or having to play hostess in the middle of either being brand new as a mom or in labor or 9 mos pg and exhausted and cranky.
#9 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I was really getting hunkered down and into my "I'm going to have a baby" mindset, and now I have to jerk out of it and play along with a "fun" weekend. At least they won't be staying with us since we don't have room for them. It might be good for me though - I probably need a distraction. Today I took the kids to Hobby Lobby and got stuff to make a little pinata for dd's birthday. DD had fun tearing paper for me while I covered the balloon.

Talked to my mom this morning, and she's got me pretty much talked into sending dd off. Mom wants me to send both kids, but I just don't think I can part with ds. He's too little and never spent a night without me. If it was just a day or 2, that would be fine, but a couple weeks is too much. He's no trouble anyway. He sleeps real good - goes to bed by 7:30pm, doesn't wake to early, and takes a decent nap. DH still isn't gung ho on packing dd off - he says he will miss her, but I think he will probably go for it...
#10 of 10 Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Sorry you didn't get your 10/10 baby! I am trying to decide whether to pack DS off for a little bit after baby comes. I think for the first two weeks it will be fine, since DH will be home. After that though, I hope MIL will be interested in babysitting or something.

For some reason I am just completely terrified of being alone here with two of them!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page