Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   October 2007 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/394-october-2007/)
-   -   Am I wrong on my dates? Help meeeeee (whine) (http://www.mothering.com/forum/394-october-2007/766775-am-i-wrong-my-dates-help-meeeeee-whine.html)

DoomaYula 10-10-2007 01:24 AM

This is really messing with my head, would anyone mind humoring an extremely grouchy pregnant woman?

LMP was Jan 1. Ovulated sometime between Jan 16-Jan 20. (I was out of town for a few days, when I came back and started charting, on Jan 21, I had O'ed.)

Early u/s at 10w (to make sure it wasn't twins again, as I didn't find out with my 4.5yo twin boys til 18 WEEKS!) put me at October 7. Gender u/s at 20w put me at Oct 6.

Meanwhilst, it's October 10 and not a sign of labor.

Are my dates off????

Banana731 10-10-2007 01:36 AM

I think you're right on. Do you have overly long cycles?

Oh wait, you know what it could be? How about it's only 3 days past your EDD?! :

DoomaYula 10-10-2007 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Oh wait, you know what it could be? How about it's only 3 days past your EDD?! :
= = = WATCH OUT BANANA!

:

But I don't WANT to be overdue! I want to be under-due so I can tell myself I haven't passed my edd yet and there and therefore need to chill out!

Banana731 10-10-2007 01:44 AM

That was awesome! You made me laugh out loud for the first time today!
(It's 1:43pm here.) Hey you know what, my labor pool tubing came in yesterday, so if you quit holding your baby in, I'll quit it too!

DoomaYula 10-10-2007 01:51 AM

My birth tub is set up in my bedroom, completely inflated and covered with a liner (it's the mw's tub), with my bathing suit top on the edge. It has been sitting like that for 10 days now, torturing me.

Y'day I made dh talk to my belly and tell the baby how much we want to meet her, so COME OUT.

mittendrin 10-10-2007 07:26 AM

:::
You just made my day!!! Sorry, I know you must be frustrated but girl, cover up that pool and stop thinking about it. Have a glass of wine and watch a movie!

Aeress 10-10-2007 10:45 AM

This is my hubbies last day of class, so after today, he will have a super easy time taking his leave. Is baby waiting for that?

Though my due date isn't until the 17th.

Come out and play Yuma baby!

Hippiemommie 10-10-2007 11:13 AM

Um hello Yuma, by my LMP I was due Oct 1st! I don't even feel more ready than I did at 6 months. By the date we think we conceived (I know, I'm a horrible wife and don't give it up that often) I was due the 8th. So it's not your turn!

seekingtruth 10-10-2007 11:33 AM

YumaDoula, you crack me up! I thought for sure yesterday was your day since I didn't know any posts from you. We have the same due date and still no baby here, either, but that's not why I'm writing! I got an email from a good friend yesterday who found that swallowing semen has 10x the oxytocin than sex; do it every two hours. She has the proof it works: She went into hard labor 15 minutes following the second fallatio session with her 1st dc- a week early! Then she forgot about it with her 2nd dc, who was at that point a week late, and did it again, this time twice in a short period of time, and went right into labor as well. Sooooo, if you're really wanting to get your baby out, perhaps this is a good fit for you!

hetaera 10-10-2007 11:52 AM

lmao. great thread.

all of you need to get out of the way so I can have my turn!

I am not a fan of swallowing, but man that sure is a tempting anecdote!

mamabearsoblessed 10-10-2007 11:59 AM

OMG. I just can't.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

2bluefish 10-10-2007 12:03 PM

I was tempted to try it the other day, but dh just couldn't. The thought grosses *him* out too much!

You all make me feel so guilty, because I'm still a couple days shy of 38 weeks, but I want to "go" now! I'm all hot flashy and hormonal, and crampy - so frickin' close! Pleeeeease just get on with it body!!

vivianstcloud 10-10-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
YumaDoula, you crack me up! I thought for sure yesterday was your day since I didn't know any posts from you. We have the same due date and still no baby here, either, but that's not why I'm writing! I got an email from a good friend yesterday who found that swallowing semen has 10x the oxytocin than sex; do it every two hours. She has the proof it works: She went into hard labor 15 minutes following the second fallatio session with her 1st dc- a week early! Then she forgot about it with her 2nd dc, who was at that point a week late, and did it again, this time twice in a short period of time, and went right into labor as well. Sooooo, if you're really wanting to get your baby out, perhaps this is a good fit for you!

Oh lord!!! My DP is always saying swallowing is good for me in SOME way. I am sooo not telling him this!!!

IfMamaAintHappy 10-10-2007 12:33 PM

im with ya. Jan 1 is my lmp too. Im freaking out.

DoomaYula 10-10-2007 12:53 PM

Yeah I've read about swallowing also... my midwife said a MAN must have come up with that theory!

It's ALMOST tempting. Blech. Maybe not.

mittendrin 10-10-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
Considering that almost all 1st trimester symptoms come back before delivery incl MS, I politely decline. And will not tell dh about this and will have to think happy thoughts now and eat a cracker....

aylaanne 10-10-2007 02:09 PM

This thread is hilarious. I'm only 37 weeks today, and I'm likely to go at least 11 days overdue, so y'all will all have babies and won't be posting by the time I go into labor. I don't want to hear it. :

2bluefish 10-10-2007 02:10 PM

Really? Is that true? So this nauseated feeling I'm getting every time I eat or think of eating is a good thing? ETA: Refering to what Mitt. wrote

kdlizmama 10-10-2007 02:11 PM

This thread is cracking me up. I don't know if I will tell DH about that either. My LMP is December 29th, but I was able to convince my OB to leave my official due date at Oct 13th because I have long cycles, so I'm not really stressing yet, but If I go very far past the 13th it will be tempting to try a new trick

Aeress 10-10-2007 02:26 PM

Umm, ewww, no way. I'll help dh out sometimes but no swallowing!

Pumpkin_Blythe 10-10-2007 02:48 PM

those early ultrasounds are usual the most accurate. You are just an over due mama :0)

marlygf 10-10-2007 03:43 PM

oh ladies, we're all very desperate, aren't we!
Yuma, you can have my first due date by O if you'd like. Then you won't be overdue! It's the 17th, so there you go, you have a whole week left! ::

I am so not swallowing anything other than what I'm already swallowing.

I actually mentioned a friend I was doing the EPO, orally and vaginally and that it works like semen. She asked me if I was going to do that orally and vaginally too. Yea, no!

kleines 10-10-2007 04:16 PM

No swallowing semen here. Although DH would just LOVE that! This is a great thread!

I can't imagine even being able to bend down "there" to collect any semen at this point. I wonder if you can buy it bottled and mix it with something? milk, perhaps? JK

I hope we all go into labor VERY soon so we aren't resorting to these things! -those of us that WANT labor of course!

candyapplez 10-10-2007 06:27 PM

I bet yuma never thought this thread would go where it has gone when she wrote it...

lmao

Noelia430 10-10-2007 08:35 PM

Repeat after me: My baby will come when she is ready... My baby will come when she is ready.....
I do know how you feel. I went past my EDD with #1 and was so done at that point. Heck, I'm so done at THIS point and I'm only 2 days shy of being 38 weeks!

I don't care how desperate I get, I will not swallow. Not unless I need a reason to throw up.

durafemina 10-11-2007 01:36 AM

nevermind the swallowing, the positioning alone when I last tried oral with DP (it was his birthday a few weeks ago) was really uncomfy!

My LMP was Dec 31st and I have short cycles, but like you Yuma, I know I didn't O until the 16th and maybe not until the 20th. We certainly didn't conceive before the 16th because we were in separate cities. . .

DoomaYula 10-11-2007 01:43 AM

I must be fairly desperate -- at this point, I'm more willing than dh is!

However maybe that's because rather than going there, I just want him to get some in a cup for me...

sorry, I know it's BEYOND tmi at this point!

Banana731 10-11-2007 01:46 AM

up

tamagotchi 10-11-2007 01:54 AM

I bet you could "hide" a cupful in a smoothie

DoomaYula 10-11-2007 01:56 AM

Okay I have to ask...

Um, how MUCH do your dh's make???? Is my dh a freak or something?!?!?! Because, seriously, I'm not going to waste the flavor of a smoothie on an amount so small that I can chug like a shot.

: