Am I wrong on my dates? Help meeeeee (whine) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is really messing with my head, would anyone mind humoring an extremely grouchy pregnant woman?

LMP was Jan 1. Ovulated sometime between Jan 16-Jan 20. (I was out of town for a few days, when I came back and started charting, on Jan 21, I had O'ed.)

Early u/s at 10w (to make sure it wasn't twins again, as I didn't find out with my 4.5yo twin boys til 18 WEEKS!) put me at October 7. Gender u/s at 20w put me at Oct 6.

Meanwhilst, it's October 10 and not a sign of labor.

Are my dates off????

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 AM

I think you're right on. Do you have overly long cycles?

Oh wait, you know what it could be? How about it's only 3 days past your EDD?! :

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
Oh wait, you know what it could be? How about it's only 3 days past your EDD?! :
= = = WATCH OUT BANANA!

:

But I don't WANT to be overdue! I want to be under-due so I can tell myself I haven't passed my edd yet and there and therefore need to chill out!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 AM

That was awesome! You made me laugh out loud for the first time today!
(It's 1:43pm here.) Hey you know what, my labor pool tubing came in yesterday, so if you quit holding your baby in, I'll quit it too!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 10-10-2007, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

My birth tub is set up in my bedroom, completely inflated and covered with a liner (it's the mw's tub), with my bathing suit top on the edge. It has been sitting like that for 10 days now, torturing me.

Y'day I made dh talk to my belly and tell the baby how much we want to meet her, so COME OUT.

treehugger.gif Erika
Old 10-10-2007, 08:26 AM

:::
You just made my day!!! Sorry, I know you must be frustrated but girl, cover up that pool and stop thinking about it. Have a glass of wine and watch a movie!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 AM

This is my hubbies last day of class, so after today, he will have a super easy time taking his leave. Is baby waiting for that?

Though my due date isn't until the 17th.

Come out and play Yuma baby!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM

Um hello Yuma, by my LMP I was due Oct 1st! I don't even feel more ready than I did at 6 months. By the date we think we conceived (I know, I'm a horrible wife and don't give it up that often) I was due the 8th. So it's not your turn!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:33 PM

YumaDoula, you crack me up! I thought for sure yesterday was your day since I didn't know any posts from you. We have the same due date and still no baby here, either, but that's not why I'm writing! I got an email from a good friend yesterday who found that swallowing semen has 10x the oxytocin than sex; do it every two hours. She has the proof it works: She went into hard labor 15 minutes following the second fallatio session with her 1st dc- a week early! Then she forgot about it with her 2nd dc, who was at that point a week late, and did it again, this time twice in a short period of time, and went right into labor as well. Sooooo, if you're really wanting to get your baby out, perhaps this is a good fit for you!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:52 PM

lmao. great thread.

all of you need to get out of the way so I can have my turn!

I am not a fan of swallowing, but man that sure is a tempting anecdote!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:59 PM

OMG. I just can't.

LMAO!!!!!!!!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 PM

I was tempted to try it the other day, but dh just couldn't. The thought grosses *him* out too much!

You all make me feel so guilty, because I'm still a couple days shy of 38 weeks, but I want to "go" now! I'm all hot flashy and hormonal, and crampy - so frickin' close! Pleeeeease just get on with it body!!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
YumaDoula, you crack me up! I thought for sure yesterday was your day since I didn't know any posts from you. We have the same due date and still no baby here, either, but that's not why I'm writing! I got an email from a good friend yesterday who found that swallowing semen has 10x the oxytocin than sex; do it every two hours. She has the proof it works: She went into hard labor 15 minutes following the second fallatio session with her 1st dc- a week early! Then she forgot about it with her 2nd dc, who was at that point a week late, and did it again, this time twice in a short period of time, and went right into labor as well. Sooooo, if you're really wanting to get your baby out, perhaps this is a good fit for you!

Oh lord!!! My DP is always saying swallowing is good for me in SOME way. I am sooo not telling him this!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
im with ya. Jan 1 is my lmp too. Im freaking out.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I've read about swallowing also... my midwife said a MAN must have come up with that theory!

It's ALMOST tempting. Blech. Maybe not.

treehugger.gif Erika
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingtruth View Post
Considering that almost all 1st trimester symptoms come back before delivery incl MS, I politely decline. And will not tell dh about this and will have to think happy thoughts now and eat a cracker....
Old 10-10-2007, 03:09 PM

This thread is hilarious. I'm only 37 weeks today, and I'm likely to go at least 11 days overdue, so y'all will all have babies and won't be posting by the time I go into labor. I don't want to hear it. :

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM

Really? Is that true? So this nauseated feeling I'm getting every time I eat or think of eating is a good thing? ETA: Refering to what Mitt. wrote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM

This thread is cracking me up. I don't know if I will tell DH about that either. My LMP is December 29th, but I was able to convince my OB to leave my official due date at Oct 13th because I have long cycles, so I'm not really stressing yet, but If I go very far past the 13th it will be tempting to try a new trick
Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 PM

Umm, ewww, no way. I'll help dh out sometimes but no swallowing!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM

those early ultrasounds are usual the most accurate. You are just an over due mama :0)
Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM

oh ladies, we're all very desperate, aren't we!
Yuma, you can have my first due date by O if you'd like. Then you won't be overdue! It's the 17th, so there you go, you have a whole week left! ::

I am so not swallowing anything other than what I'm already swallowing.

I actually mentioned a friend I was doing the EPO, orally and vaginally and that it works like semen. She asked me if I was going to do that orally and vaginally too. Yea, no!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM

No swallowing semen here. Although DH would just LOVE that! This is a great thread!

I can't imagine even being able to bend down "there" to collect any semen at this point. I wonder if you can buy it bottled and mix it with something? milk, perhaps? JK

I hope we all go into labor VERY soon so we aren't resorting to these things! -those of us that WANT labor of course!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:27 PM

I bet yuma never thought this thread would go where it has gone when she wrote it...

lmao
Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Repeat after me: My baby will come when she is ready... My baby will come when she is ready.....
I do know how you feel. I went past my EDD with #1 and was so done at that point. Heck, I'm so done at THIS point and I'm only 2 days shy of being 38 weeks!

I don't care how desperate I get, I will not swallow. Not unless I need a reason to throw up.

Noelia- mama to 4
Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 AM

nevermind the swallowing, the positioning alone when I last tried oral with DP (it was his birthday a few weeks ago) was really uncomfy!

My LMP was Dec 31st and I have short cycles, but like you Yuma, I know I didn't O until the 16th and maybe not until the 20th. We certainly didn't conceive before the 16th because we were in separate cities. . .

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy
Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

I must be fairly desperate -- at this point, I'm more willing than dh is!

However maybe that's because rather than going there, I just want him to get some in a cup for me...

sorry, I know it's BEYOND tmi at this point!

treehugger.gif Erika
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 AM

up

Old 10-11-2007, 02:54 AM

I bet you could "hide" a cupful in a smoothie
Old 10-11-2007, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Okay I have to ask...

Um, how MUCH do your dh's make???? Is my dh a freak or something?!?!?! Because, seriously, I'm not going to waste the flavor of a smoothie on an amount so small that I can chug like a shot.

:

treehugger.gif Erika

User Tag List