Movements slowing down? Anyone else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, call me paranoid but I am supposed to be keeping a careful eye on my kick counts because of that coxsackie virus threat so I am being extra vigilent. I am exactly 37 weeks today and we have our c/s next Thursday at 38.1 but Dr.'s said if anything feels wrong go straight to L&D for a quick check up on babe. Well, last night Jacob was somewhat quiet. He did meet his kick count requirements technically but the movements were definately not as vigorous as usual. I do have a doppler and heart beat was within his normal range so I went to sleep. Today, he again is meeting his count but he is definately not as vigorous in his movements. I think babies slow down as time goes on and he is surely running out of room ( 8 lbs at 36.5 weeks so he is a big boy). Anyone else feel this way? LOL....as I am writing this the big guy is wiggling around somewhat to prove me wrong.
#2 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 06:58 PM

my baby has at times been less active so i called my midwife. this baby is definitely meeting kick counts just quieter than before. she said often babies move a bit less before they are born and that the hormones change to put the baby in a sort of trans like state before birth and that if i was worried she could come by or i could go to her house and we could check the heart and stuff but that if baby is still active enough it is probably ok

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#3 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks....so many darn things to worry about isn't there and when they are born it doesn't end there. He has definately been a little bit more active tonight just not like before in its intensity. Poor thing is probably sick of me poking him. Have an NST tomorrow so hopefully all is okay.
#4 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 PM

Mine is inactive all day and then when it hits around 7pm.. BAM! He is all over the place. lol
#5 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Pumkin...our peanuts have the same due date so congrat on the 37th week. Maybe our babes are just night owls?
#6 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 PM

I am 37 wks and Niklas has definitely slowed down. He's still active enough and still kicking about as often as before - just not as furiously anymore. Less room in there, I suppose...
#7 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Honestly, I've stopped doing kick counts- it's too scary. My OB said that consistency is a better measure- it's the sudden drop in movement to be concerned with, not a number. I appreciate his position, and it's been easier for me.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#8 of 13 Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen73 View Post
Pumkin...our peanuts have the same due date so congrat on the 37th week. Maybe our babes are just night owls?
Yep, you and I will be here at all hours of the night when they enter the world because they will be day sleepers! lol
#9 of 13 Old 10-11-2007, 03:26 AM

I'm glad it appears baby is meeting his quota for movement for you.

I'm 39w, 4 days and starting to get a little worried that this kid will never come out because he NEVER stops moving (well, there are a few hours in the morning, but otherwise...) I'm hoping that he just has an active dream life and isn't really awake for all that time he moves - if he is awake, my DH is going to get NO sleep for the next few months, because i'm putting him in charge of baby care when i'm tired...

I'm also hoping that the 'calm' before birth is not a necessity for the child to come out because i am ready to have him O-U-T!

So ladies, on those few nights i give my husband some mercy sleep, i'll be up chatting online with you - baby loves to rock and roll from 4:30 pm - 6:30 am PST!
#10 of 13 Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 AM

My baby had a couple of days when he was really calm and then picked it up again. Right now he is pushing and wiggling a lot - don't know why. He/She usually moves just in time before I call the midwife.
#11 of 13 Old 10-11-2007, 01:54 PM

I scared myself into tears this morning b/c I haven't felt Bryce kick since midday yesterday. He is normally VERY active at 11pm and he always greets me in the shower in the morning. On the way to work I poked at him untill he kicked back not as strong as normal though.

Soo I left a message for midwife. My doula happened toi call and said it was fairly normal to have some juice and lie down. He also recently turned from sunny side up to his side which she said could affect what I'm feeling. I think I'll feel a lot better when m/w calls back.
#12 of 13 Old 10-12-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Spoke with my peri and OB yesterday and they both said that it is okay if baby slows down somewhat as long as there is no drastic change in movement. I almost laughed at my peri when he said "If not moving you can even try to poke him" and then proceeded to demonstrate. Little does he know that the poor kid has been poked senseless for months especially over the last few weeks.
#13 of 13 Old 10-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Aaaawww Mama, I'm a poker too. Poor kids .

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page