Anyone else lost their brain??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-10-2007, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just completely unable to do things on my own... it is down right dangerous!!

Yesterday I needed to go pick up a breast pump from someone on freecycle... .(B/C I am guessing I accidentally threw the other one I had in the GARBAGE in some cleaning frenzy!!!)
I map quested the directions and it was like 1/2 mile away from my house, dp didn't come home on time so I figured, me and dd who is 33 months old, will go for a walk, that may help get this baby out, it isn't so hot in the evening, it will be great......

So off we go..... well about 1 1/2 miles of walking I realize..... "I am going down the WRONG road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know why I did it... auto pilot, everything is down that particular road when I leave the house... but STILL, I had the address on a piece of paper in my hand and I was walking.... plenty of time to realize my mistake!!!!

I didn't bring a stroller b/c dd doesn't really like them and I think that defeats part of the purpose of going for a walk, she doesn't get exercise so I would be left the tired one and her well rested from a nice ride and full of energy... She was going sooooo slow and wanting to read every single letter she saw, I kept begging her to walk faster, she didn't want me to hold her hand, it was torture on the way back!! All the way back, I actually carried her on my back for a block just to pick up some speed! So I walked 3 flipping miles, I am sooo not used to that much walking, just short distances, as in 1/2 mile total.

Woke up w/ sore legs, they are better now, but to add insult to injury, today when I went to pick the breast pump up, the house is really really sickeningly close to mine..... practically around the corner close! :

I bought some panties in a pack today.... 3 sizes too big

I need to be chaperoned from now on, I am not fit to do things on my own w/out a competent adult around....
#2 of 5 Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 PM

I understand completely!!

Yesterday I had a prenatal at my midwife's house, and I totally forgot where it was. I drove around in circles for about 10 minutes before I found her street.

Then I couldn't remember where another street was in a neighborhood with which I've been familiar for the past 10 years. I passed it twice before realizing it.

What's really scary is that your brain doesn't come back for quite a while after baby's born.

New-mommy brain is no myth --- it's far too real! :

#3 of 5 Old 10-10-2007, 11:25 PM

Yep, I'll join the club. Should we have jackets made?

I had a midwife appt. last week and went to go do my pee thing. Well, the bathroom door was locked, so I stood there waiting for whoever was inside to come out. I stood there for a few minutes before I remembered.... the flipping door is always locked AND I was holding the key. This is my SECOND birth with this mw in the same offices, and no, the procedures have not changed. I felt like a major dork. At least my mw got a good laugh.

And yeah, the really sad thing is that I just recovered my brain from giving birth/nursing dd1 when I got pg this time. And now my SIL tells me that you lose it all over again in your mid-40's which, if we have a third, will probably coincide with weaning of the third baby. So I can pretty much look forward to being a space cadet for the next decade. Sigh.

Oh, well, not like I need to be competent for anything. I mean, its not like I run a household or own my own business or something. Oh, wait... Dang, I'm in trouble. :

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#4 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

funny stuff here, I feel a little better... not being alone and all.
#5 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM

OMG, this explains why it took 5 attempts to take the right turn to the grocery store today. Oh dear. .. I quite liked my brain. Bit late for regrets now though

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page