Anyone else' baby still nameless? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We *still* have not settled on a name. Of course, we seem to be behind on everything this time. I'm still washing baby stuff, hospital bag isn't packed yet except for a couple things, and there are things around the house I wanted done by now that haven't even been started. Maybe I should also wash my pump at some point. (((sigh)))
At least the diapers are washed and she has enough clean clothes to wear for a while.
#2 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM

Sounds like us. We are expecting #2 soon. My EDD is the 21st. We have discussed a couple of names, but really, this poor child doesn't have a name yet. He probably won't until after birth.

We also haven't finished all the baby related stuff either. We have a carseat, diapers are washed and he has enough clothes for a few days. That's pretty much it. Oh, and the hospital bag will probably not be packed until I'm in labor.
#3 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 PM

Well, I *feel* a particular name if this Babe is a girl, but still waiting on a mn, but if this Babe is a boy.... ummm... he may be nameless awhile. I just keep figuring they'll name themself.
As far as everything else... all clothes and dipes are washed, the house is in ok shape but my bedroom is a mess and my bag isn't packed though I finally did purchase some nursing and sleep bras and new jammies today. .

It'll get done. I think. And if not... well, it won't. :

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#4 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM

We haven't settled on a name for either gender yet. I guess we'll see after the birth, because while I have a few I like, nothing is really just screaming *YES!* at me, namewise.

I'm about as done as I'm going to get around here.

I need to get some ink for my printer so I can print out my emergency transfer birth plan.

DH has been ordered (because that's the only way I can make SURE he does anything these days) to vaccuum and mop and make sure the kitchen is clean before my parents get here. Hopefully that will mean he has time either during early labor or after the babe's born.

He also gets to install the new baby gate TONIGHT - we got one that will keep the dogs out of the bedroom areas, but has a wall button so DD can get in and out easily. I have to make sure that the pooches can't get into the bedroom (the catbox is in the master bath area, and they like the 'treats' inside - ick), but that the midwife and her assistant don't have to fuss with a regular gate in the middle of everything.

I also want to make a run to the hardware store and get a few things, but it doesn't feel as dire to do that as it did last week, for some reason.

I'm hoping this baby waits until as close to the EDD (10/23) as possible, though. I have stuff I want to do still, even though there really isn't anything that HAS to be done.
#5 of 5 Old 10-11-2007, 05:21 PM

We don't name them before, so no, she doesn't have a name. With the boys we had a list of 5 names we liked. First and middle. This time we have a list of 4 names and the only for sure thing is her middle name. With the other two we wanted to see what they looked like before naming them

So far we're basically ready. I'm almost 39 weeks and I will have dh set up the birth tub next week. My midwife came today and she thinks she will be busy this weekend, at my place. I told her not to count on it and have fun with her boys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page