My midwife is anxious *vent* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-11-2007, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why is everybody around us so anxious?

My midwife came today and told me she feels there might be something happening this weekend. She fails to remember I went to 42 with my first and 40 with my second. I told her to see if her boys have plans and that's what she's feeling

My dh is telling the baby every night she can come now.

Thankfully I haven't been getting phone calls and people commenting to me but that might be because I have dial-up and no one can get through. Oh and when I go out into public I don't make eye contact with anyone! It's worked pretty well for me.

My almost 39 week check showed that everything is great. She is still popping out of my pelvis which the midwife said she would bring a belly belt next Tuesday to help her with that. I'm measuring 36cm but she thinks I have plenty of fluids. I haven't gained anything in the last 3 weeks and she says I'm a little swollen.

My midwife was trying to find pressure points and said she'd be willing to stretch my cervix. I told her that's ok, I'm fine :

I just don't understand why everyone is so anxious to have this baby when I'm the one who is going to actually HAVE her. go figure....
#2 of 3 Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM

I hear you! I don't look at people in public anymore. Sometimes I even pretend to talk to myself so they ignore me!

It sounds like you are the only one being patient there! I am due right around the same time as you (the 16th) and am getting a lot of pressure too! SHUT UP people!
#3 of 3 Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

It's fun to be the crazy pregnant lady in public, isn't it?

Yea, I think I am the only patient one. Dh says I better watch out or he'll do me I better watch out! He really wants her to come out, now!

We saw a guy he works with at our kids soccer game and he was giving dh a hard time about not going on this trip to Baltimore for work. This guy had to do it and how the baby wasn't here yet (I told dh the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after are mine!) Anyway, I told him the only reason dh wants the baby to come is because he doesn't want to go to work. : Dh wasn't too happy about that. This guy is the manager over his project ah, we all have times we don't want to go to work!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page