This might be it for me!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2007, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, after much prodromal labor, I think we're finally on the brink....

Yesterday I had a prenatal appt, and I saw an alternate midwife as well as my usual. Although I know this really doesn't mean much...to them it does...they kept getting fundal height measurements of 45-47 cm, and I'm only 39 weeks. They were having a hard time determining the exact head position and were concerned that he was turned funny, so they asked if I minded an internal exam. I said....HECK NO! I know this isn't the best thing to have done....I really do, and in my head I know why....but I have felt so defeated lately with all of my stop/start labor, that I needed to know what's going on. I can't reach my cervix anymore. So, my usual midwife (I trust her completely, she's really gentle) did an internal. I am 4 cm with a bulging bag. She backed off for fear of breaking the sac, but she said that I was about 50% effaced, and his head is well locked in there real low.

So, they predict him to be about 9.5-10 pounds. AHHHHH!!!! I'm only 5'3", rather small frame. I struggled with my first son's 8# 4oz. :

Since the exam (and NOT THAT I MIND), things have kicked up into high gear. I have lost three more large chunks of plug in the last 24 hours, the most recent of which was "swirled" with fresh blood (different from the dried blood yesterday resulting from the exam). I have been really crampy and uncomfortable since the exam....I'm thinking that we're well on our way now. My midwife said she thinks my bag is going to go real soon....YAY!!

I'm getting ready and winding down for it.....I can't wait at all!! I really needed to know about my progress yesterday. I know it's no predictor, but I started feeling like maybe since I couldn't reach my cervix, nothing was happening. Now I know different, and I feel recharged!! WHOOHOO!!

Baby magic, spread some love my way!!

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM

That sounds promising! Go mama!

I think this is definitely it for me too.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
That sounds promising! Go mama!

I think this is definitely it for me too.
Yay!! Sending baby love your way too...maybe we'll be laboring together in different places.

Okay, ready, set, GOOO!!!!!!

(Did ya' start?)

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 10-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Me too! I had an exam today, and I have been pretty darn miserable since it. I am 3 cm dialated, 60% effaced, and -1 station. Ive been having contractions, hard core ones...definitely NOT BH, off and on for the past 3 hours. So...ELV's to you two, maybe all three of us will have our babies tonight/tomorrow!

Seena, Attached Mommy to Jenna (4.5) and Skye (2), mourning my twin angels (M/C 12/09), hoping for a miracle and counting down the days until DH deploys to Afghanistan.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can't wait for wonderful baby news from all of you! Yay!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 PM

Oh how exciting! Best of luck to all of you! Sounds like we will have a lot of good news posted soon!!

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
Old 10-12-2007, 06:49 PM

try not to worry too much about a big baby. I just had an almost 10 lber with two hours of labor. I'm 5' 6" and normally 115-125 lbs. you can do it mama!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Come on baby!!! You can do it Mama!

User Tag List