Went to the birth center last night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We went to Blockbuster video last night to get dh's movie that he's been dying to see (28 weeks later) and get some dinner because I forgot to take meat out to thaw yesterday morning. We were at In and Out and I really had to go to the bathroom, so I went and the whole time I was in the bathroom I had contractions. They've been coming and going for the past couple of days, but my midwife told me to watch for them when they're over a minute long and under 10 minutes apart. At that time they were 1 1/2-2 minutes long and about 4 minutes apart, so we got our food, called the midwife and went home to pick up movies for dd in case this was it (so she'd be occupied watching Dora.) We get the call back from the midwife (she had been in seeing one last patient) and she basically says to come on in, let's get checked, so we get there about 20-30 minutes later. She wasn't convinced that I was contracting on the phone (because my voice didn't really change) but when she saw me she said, "You're really feeling something, aren't you?" I just kind of nodded, and they got a urine sample. I got checked but things hadn't changed at all since 37 weeks! It was so frustrating because I've been feeling a lot of irritation on my cervix but to still be about 1 cm dilated (the midwife in training that did my internal said she could fit a fingertip in) and about 50% effaced, which was exactly where I was at when I was 37 weeks! The midwife said that I looked exhausted and that I should make sure to get lots of rest last night. If it's the real thing, I'll transition, if not, it'll stop. Well, it stopped. So I guess being tired causes contractions now too :
#2 of 5 Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 PM

*ugh* how frustrating for you! It sounds like baby is getting ready though. Keep us updated, there are about 4 to 5 of us, who are getting so darned close. Hopefully it will be soon.
*hugs*

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2007, 04:58 PM

I feel your pain!!!
In fact, funnily enough, my DP was also dying to see that movie so we were also out getting it last night and I started contracting. . .

But in the end, nope, nothing. I just enjoyed some prodromal labour while listening to zombie screams. Maybe that's what stopped things from progressing? Can I blame DPs violent movie choices?

soon soon soon soon soon. . . .

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy
#4 of 5 Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by durafemina View Post
I feel your pain!!!
In fact, funnily enough, my DP was also dying to see that movie so we were also out getting it last night and I started contracting. . .

But in the end, nope, nothing. I just enjoyed some prodromal labour while listening to zombie screams. Maybe that's what stopped things from progressing? Can I blame DPs violent movie choices?

soon soon soon soon soon. . . .
The baby got scared and said, "I'm not coming out, are you crazy? There's zombies!" I can totally see blaming him
#5 of 5 Old 10-12-2007, 05:45 PM

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page