Pregnant Mammas, how was your weekend? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of us still pregnant I was just wondering how your weekend went. What did everyone get done in preparation for the baby? Any new labor symptoms? What are your thoughts, feelings, concerns?

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 05:58 PM

No labor signs, just getting some quality time in with my family before baby makes his appearance. We had a great fall weekend, typical New England activities for this time of the year. Yesterday we went and picked a couple of pumpkins, carved them and roasted the seeds.
Today we went for a walk and collected some leaves and had a picnic with homemade cookies and hot chocolate. Beautiful!
I am not on the lookout for any signs yet, I will be 38 wks tomorrow and usually go fullterm. I am just enjoying the quiet before the storm, things have been rough this summer and I need to make sure we have somewhat of a peaceful time now for the boys to know that they are loved more than anything in this world.
#3 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 07:10 PM

We had a fun weekend! Our local university had their homecoming bonfire on Friday night, and then the parade on Saturday. We live right by the school, so we got to walk over to all the things. It was a lot of fun. Last night DH, DS, and I had a pj party in our bed. We watched The Sound of Music. We had popcorn, apples, and peanuts in bed. Today we took a nice long walk, and then came home for some of my potato soup! Yum! DH didn't have much studying to do this weekend (for the first time) so he spent a lot of time with us, and got a lot of cleaning done. Now, he is at the library!

I have been having contractions that are painful, but they don't pick up. That is wearing me out pretty bad, so I am kind of ragged! I am hoping they get progressive soon! It is making me so tired/cranky I am on the verge of trying all those "things to start labor."
#4 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Annika, that sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Ours was nice and quiet, nothing really exciting, just chores and errands yesterday. We did buy dh a new computer, so I don't have to listen to him swearing at the old one while he tries to do homework.

Today I sprayed all of dd's stuffed animals with Nature's Miracle to get the cat smell out (hopefully the revenge peeing will stop now...) and dd and I went outside and planted daffodil bulbs, which was fun. Hoping that all this activity convinces Ellen to come on out! I did have one contrax this morning. One. No more. Sigh.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#5 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 07:15 PM

Friday night I was having contractions, so I made sure the dishes were done, laundry all done, bags packed, house cleaned, etc

had contrax on and off all night and saturday morning I thought it was IT - 5 mins apart for an hour, but then they stopped!

so we went to a birthday party, came home, took a nap, putzed around waiting to see if they'd start back up, but nope

last night they were again, on and off all night, and then stalled this morning. I tried to go for a walk and pulled a muscle in my lower back/side. OW. what timing.

we went out to dinner with BIL/SIL and their girls, and now we're just chilling out...

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 PM

yesterday DP and I went and bought supplies to make ear candles. It was a rainy, gloomy day so we came home, lit the woodstove and cozied up. He cooked dinner while I made the ear candles and then he candled my ears for me One big contraction right at the end of that session and that was it for the night.

Today he went out and then I went for a long walk by the lake and then met up with him and his mother downtown (after stopping to have an organic chai latte with my brother's girlfriend - yum!). We walked around looking for a Vietnamese noodle place and then DP and walked back to my mother's house (where we are staying until babe comes). Had a really good contraction on the walk home. We shared a peanut butter sandwich and then he went to his mum's house to have dinner (she finally found the noodles) and procure some more Arrested Development episodes for us to watch tonight. I think I'm going to make some spaghetti (frozen homeade sauce), watch some bad tv and hang out with the dog.

I started taking EPO yesterday and I think I might plan to rev things up on the labour-starting front (besides DTD and loooong walks which I'm already getting lots of) on Monday. I had a good heart-to-heart with baby today about how nice things are on the outside. . . so we shall see. I think it's kind of funny that I am 'leaving this birth until the last minute' so to speak. It's pretty much how I generally operate. . . and it's usually frustrating, but not this bad!

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy
#7 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Friday night I went to the ER and L&D for suspected PIH. All tests came back negative and they told me to go home and have a happy homebirth. I never thought I'd hear that from a hospital! I am a zealous hber and flat out refused to go in on Thursday afternoon(I felt like everyone was overreacting, my body felt fine) but by Friday afternoon I was resigned to going to get checked out. I really wanted to avoid a crisis type transfer and the loss of control involved in that.

Anyway, my in-laws kept my four kids and disabled cousin Friday night and all day Saturday. We had a glorious, slow, easy day at home in the peace and quiet. My 20mos did beautifully his first night away from me. My in-laws said he was a real pleasure and they would do it again any time. Of course, my teenagers essentially took care of him but I was never worried about my in-laws care of my children, just how my toddler would react to my not being around.

Today I've gotten to lay around and now I'm 'helping' my 15yos w/his Algebra - YUCK! I remember now why I HATE Algebra.
#8 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 PM

My in laws came Friday night, so I knew I wouldn't go into labor with them here. I decided to let them take dd with them until - hopefully - the baby comes. They left this morning, and we've been enjoying a quiet day without all that 3 yo energy. I guess I've been nesting a little - I've reorganized some closets, laid my birth supplies out in a helpful spot, got the babies clothes positioned where I will be able to get to them, got the Moses basket out of the closet. We're in temporary housing, so there's not alot to do, but I'm trying to stay organized as best we can. Tonight after dinner I'm going to clean out the toy box. I've been having some contrax that radiate down my legs, which might be signs of early labor, so I want to be ready.
#9 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 08:45 PM

My girls went to my sisters and then to my mom's house. They helped aunt find a new apt, made cookies, ate popcorn and watched a movie, so they had fun.

My dh and I re-arranged my living room and watched the last two lord of the rings movies.

Today, I dusted the living room and mopped the floors. I made a yummy turkey, potato soup and corn biscuits. The girls came home and we made playdough cookies and cakes and drank tea. It was a nice evening.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#10 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I slept a lot
I lost my plug
I had some contractions
I ate hot spicy thai food
and I watched the first 2 harry potter movies and have completed 3 of the books since last week.
#11 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 PM

Saturday I hoofed it around the aquarium all day. On the way to get ice cream before we left, as I was waddling up the hill hand in hand with my slow-poke daughter(who for the first time was leading and pulling on me , as if to say, "hurry up mom") I told my husband to just go on without me. Some women might not travel an hour and a half to walk up and down stairs and hills to look at fish and marine life in the 90+ degree weather at this point in thier pregnancy, but not me...I'm a risk taker.

Sunday was Undo Kai, dd's big sports festival day at nursery school. This is where they make the kids do all kinds of sporting events and dances out in the sun on a field 6 hours wearing the least breathable polyester PE uniform you have ever seen. The parents sit around under their umbrellas and tents wiping sweat of their faces with towels, desperately trying to fan themselves to keep cool. These sweat towels and fans are standard issue for Okinawans and wise Gaijin, like me. Of course it was the hottest day here in a month yesterday, and we were only allowed to sit under our tents when we weren't participating in the festivites on the field with our children. So if running across a field and back holding my cape-clad prone dd to fly her anpanman style with dh while the nuns clap for us and yell, "GAMBATTE! GAMBATTE!" in the blazing sun, along with doing the Animal Family Bus Ponpoko dance(which I can only describe as really really silly) doesn't even give me braxton-hicks, than I may be pregnant until Christmas this time...

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#12 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

Saturday dh and I went to the local farmers market and got some great produce. We made a good lunch and then I relaxed around the house the rest of the afternoon. Later we went for a walk with his family. I had some menstrual like cramps the night before which was new for me so I didn't want to push it this weekend.
Today we went to the co-op which is about an hour away and stocked up on good groceries in case our little girl decides to come early. We went on a really long walk with the dog and then made an amazing vegetarian squash/tempeh/kale casserole...mmmmm. tonight I will just relax and watch some t.v.
Contractions actually have slowed down this wekend but mabye its the calm before the storm

#13 of 15 Old 10-14-2007, 09:20 PM

I worked all weekend, and slept during the day when I could. DH went to his parents' house yesterday to stack wood there, and today they came here and stacked some wood here. I've been having allergy/cold symptoms all weekend (stuffy nose, post-nasal drip) and I couldn't sleep, so I'm taking tonight off and resting before all the errands I have to run tomorrow.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#14 of 15 Old 10-20-2007, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

For all of us who are still preggers, how are things going for you this weekend? Are you all going through a series of like 10 emotions every hour? Any new signs of approaching labor?

#15 of 15 Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 PM

still here. definite yes on the 10 emotions per hour. definite NO on anything happening!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page