41 week update - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-15-2007, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Midwife stripped my membranes again, and I am now at 3 cm. Ive gotten to 3 without having to breathe through a single contraction. That's pretty cool. happened that way with my second child, also.

Im all done effacing, and there is no adhesive quality left to the cervix. There was no pain at all when she stripped my membranes this time, and there was very little pain when she stripped them on Friday. She said I wont see any more bloody show till Im in labor, if its like my other labors. I tend to show around 4-6 cm. About half hour into my second labor, and about a half hour into my third labor. She was able to take her finger all the way around his head up to her index finger knuckle, so about 2 inches. He is not aligned perfectly, he is still low, around +1 station, but his butt is jutting out over my pelvis!

We bound my belly with an ace bandage to sort of force him in to trajectory, putting my belly more up and inward so it could not sag outward with his butt jutting out.

So we wait on dilation. With me at 3 cm, I am going to go walking at the mall this afternoon, and around outside tonight. Im drinking superstrength red raspberry leaf tea (1 oz tea to 8 oz water) to try and move things along. I will also be doing some exercises and working with the birthing ball. If I am at 4 tomorrow and havent had the baby, my midwife may augment with blue and black cohosh tincture under my tongue/in a tea and/or break my water. I had a 1 hr 15 minute labor with Flis, and I was 1 cm and 50% effaced. She has already said shes not comfortable leaving me if I am 4 cm, because I could go in half an hour, if I go fast like I have.

Im feeling really good and optimistic right now. Gonna work, but not overdo it, to get him out. I am not distraught or in pain or desperate, but he seems really comfy in there, and I have a feeling that he would stay till we kicked him out whether this week or next. 41 weeks is sorta my comfort level limit, but Im willing to give it a few more days with a bit of help just to see. Ive never been this pregnant. My three previous births have happened at 37, 39, and 39 1/2, so I am 10 days more pregnant than I have ever been, and this baby is right at 10 pounds by palpation, and when compared to previous births, that's about right, as my longest preg was 39 1/2 weeks and baby was 9 lbs 4 and 21 3/4 inches.

I know many women go late. I never have, it is unusual for me. Im taking this day by day, hour by hour sometimes, determining how well I am dealing emotionally with being overdue. Things are progressing, and right now, that makes me happy and gives me hope. When my uterus goes back into radio silence, that's when I get uptight and start panicking.

I have only given birth on Tues or Thursday, always in the dark, and always on a day that ends in a 6. Tomorrow is Tuesday, October 16th. SO.. come on baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-15-2007, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay for tomorrow. Come on baby, Tuesday is a good day to have a baby! Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 10-15-2007, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a great appointment! I wouldn't count on previous labors being any indication I might be in labor and if I am this one wants to do it her own way! Good luck, walking at the mall sounds like a great idea!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page