Mothering Forum banner

C/S tomorrow and I am a nervous wreck...

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  gypsyfaery 
#1 ·
I have had one before, I know what I am in for. The thing is, I have been a nurse for too long, seen too many things, and know too much. That is what I freak out over- all the what-ifs. Please send your positive energy and calming vibes my way. I need all the help I can get.
PS- If I drank 1 beer tonight, baby would be ok right? I need something!
:

See less See more
#6 ·
Yep, cool drink, warm bubble bath. Sounds like a great plan.

We will all be thinking about you tomorrow and waiting anxiously to hear about your perfect little one!

#10 ·
I was so worried about all the what-ifs before my c/s two weeks ago as well. Try to relax as much as you can and look forward to meeting your baby instead of focusing on the surgery. I dreaded the surgery so much it really affected my enjoyment of having my daughter born.

#14 ·
Ohhhh...don't you worry. I am an L&D nurse myself, and I understand how you worry. I do the same thing. But, realize that many COMPETENT, COMPASSIONATE, EDUCATED people will be taking care of you, and your best interests are in the forefront of their minds and actions. The docs (although, sometimes aggravating) will take good care of you. Anesthesia will do exactly what they are supposed to do, and give you a comfortable, pain-free delivery. The nurses will hold your hand, and talk you through each moment...(even though you've been there, done that). And, your baby handed to you - safe and sound - as soon as it's out of your womb!!!!

I will keep you in my prayers tonight for a safe and lovely day tomorrow. God bless, and congratulations!!!!!!

wife, mom, proud RN!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.