HOw do you strip your membranes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you can't reach your cervix? I can just barely touch mine with my fingertips. The whole cervix is really soft and seems quite open, I just can't touch it with more than a fingertip.

Any suggestions? I think if I can get labor to start this baby might just fall out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 10-20-2007, 03:41 PM

You can't if you can't reach - sorry, I can't reach mine either. I can reach my cervix, and if I really stretch, I can touch the baby's head through my cervix, but I can't reach to fiddle with anything. I wouldn't dare ask dh to do it for me, cause #1 he would get on me for thinking about it and #2 I wouldn't want to take the risk of him breaking my water.
#3 of 9 Old 10-20-2007, 04:03 PM

you guys are gumby! i can barely wipe myself, let alone stick a finger up there! i'm so impressed.
#4 of 9 Old 10-20-2007, 07:04 PM

i can reach mine enough to sorta feel it but not enough to even feel how open it is. i have actually been asking my midwifes for exams just so i know what is going on. i am to curious i guess. if i had longer arms i would be asking how to strip mine. i want to see this baby so much it is driving me a little batty.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#5 of 9 Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 PM

Wow, Ive never heard of self membrane stripping...I just get my MWs to do it for me...but even after 3 times, it hasnt done anything.

Seena, Attached Mommy to Jenna (4.5) and Skye (2), mourning my twin angels (M/C 12/09), hoping for a miracle and counting down the days until DH deploys to Afghanistan.
#6 of 9 Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

After feeling my cervix this morning and getting induction acupuncture I was feeling a lot of contractions...only now I feel hiccups on my right hip so I figure she's out of position again and I should cool it until my next NST on Tuesday.
#7 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM

I've lost track - are you still waiting? Just wanted to say, I figured out last night that K-Y really helps with the cervical checking. I was able to sweep myself, but really there weren't any membranes attached for me. All I could really do was give it a little stretch - felt the head, really cool - no water in front of it, this one might be born in the caul!
#8 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Errr, there's a few things I'll leave to the experts. This would be one of them. I m going to ask my mw next week to strip my membranes if nothing has happened.
#9 of 9 Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
I've lost track - are you still waiting? Just wanted to say, I figured out last night that K-Y really helps with the cervical checking. I was able to sweep myself, but really there weren't any membranes attached for me. All I could really do was give it a little stretch - felt the head, really cool - no water in front of it, this one might be born in the caul!
I bet KY would help a lot. I just got back from having a foley cathether inserted into my cervix to stretch it. It's uncomfortable but no contractions yet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page