There was a lady in the hospital - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and she is in the curtain next to me. she is crying and complaining to the nurses for an hour. I was playing tetris on my phone trying to just ignore her when my nurse comes in with some juice for me. The lady starts yelling at my nurse that she needs pain meds. So my lady calls the desk and they send in this womans nurse. She says I NEED PAIN MEDS! The nurse looks at her fetal monitor strip that has been going for about an hour, then she checks her progress and says.. you cant have any pain medicine, your not in labor and your cervix is not even at one.

This lady starts to scream MY DR. SAID I CAN HAVE DRUGS! The nurse stays calm and she says, that will most certainly be the case... when you are ACTUALLY in labor. lol The woman threw on her close and left cussing the whole way..... at least I was not board while I was there. lol
#2 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 AM

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#3 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 AM

#4 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 AM

Wow, either she has a really low pain tolerance, or she is a drug addict and has been looking forward to that fix for months...

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#5 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM

one of the times I was in the hospital during my preg w/ ds, the lady next to me was NOT in labor but kept yelling and screaming about how her baby was "coming out. I can feel him coming out, and you people won't even look!" She was 38 weeks along and eventually ended up trying to convince the nurses and the dr on call to give her a c-section because her baby was "stuck in the birth canal now because you all didn't get him our when he was coming."

She ended up throwing on her clothes and telling the drs and nurses that she was going to go to another local hospital and get them to do it. (that hospital probably did it...it is not too reputible.) :
#6 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 PM

wow. remind me to stay away from hospitals. Oh, you just did, thanks!
#7 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm SO thankful that I had a private room!!! How crazy!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#8 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM

At one of my many trips to the L&D for monitoring. There was a teenager in there cussing and screaming at everyone, nurses, doctor, midwife, boyfriend... to get her some food. She was 34 weeks PG with some sort of STD, kidney problems, UTI and who knows what else and they were trying to decide to keep her and put her on masive doses of antibiotics or deliver the baby. All she cared about was the free meals she was supposed to get while she was at the hospital. She defiantly hadn't skipped any meals recently. She was very large. After they told her they were admiting her and going to deliver the baby and she needed to call her guardian to sign the paper work she refused to give them thephone number till they gave her some food... the nurse told her she could have juice, apple sauce, jello, ect.. and she went off saying she wanted a meal she was starving and hadn't eaten in 2 hours!!!! They gave her jello and wheeled her out of the room cussing up a storm. Poor hospital staff.
#9 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 09:09 PM

oh my what a performance that would have been to see.
#10 of 15 Old 10-22-2007, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I'm SO thankful that I had a private room!!! How crazy!
ditto

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#11 of 15 Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM

People are crazy!
#12 of 15 Old 10-23-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzpurr88 View Post
At one of my many trips to the L&D for monitoring. There was a teenager in there cussing and screaming at everyone, nurses, doctor, midwife, boyfriend... to get her some food. She was 34 weeks PG with some sort of STD, kidney problems, UTI and who knows what else and they were trying to decide to keep her and put her on masive doses of antibiotics or deliver the baby. All she cared about was the free meals she was supposed to get while she was at the hospital. She defiantly hadn't skipped any meals recently. She was very large. After they told her they were admiting her and going to deliver the baby and she needed to call her guardian to sign the paper work she refused to give them thephone number till they gave her some food... the nurse told her she could have juice, apple sauce, jello, ect.. and she went off saying she wanted a meal she was starving and hadn't eaten in 2 hours!!!! They gave her jello and wheeled her out of the room cussing up a storm. Poor hospital staff.
I was this woman when I had my son. They had me there for monitoring and refused to feed me, on MULTIPLE occasions. I wasnt "allowed" to have food brought in to me either. Not to be a witch about this or anything but its pretty messed up that they mess with a pregnant woman's food just because they cant figure out what they are doing. I went in often for monitoring because of my blood pressure. One time they said they didnt know if I was going to stay, and repeated that over and over to me and then the OB said I needed to stay for x amt more hours, and by the time they got through that mess it was too late to order food and they gave me what they had on the floor... jello and broth and juice. The next time, I spent an entire day in the hospital being monitored without food and then when they did bring me food they accidentally marked the wrong type on my chart and I got basically pre-digested slime looking food instead of real food. I threw it across the room.

I was 18 at the time, and was treated like I was 12. They would talk to my mother instead of me when discussing "my condition" even though I was married and my husband was there on more than one occasion.

So I understand complaining about the hospital not feeding you. You are helpless in their world and having something as basic as your ability to eat restricted because nobody can figure out what the heck they are doing, is VERY frustrating. Its one of many of the reasons why I chose never to birth in a hospital again.

And FTR, commenting on someone being overweight while pregnant as a reason why they should not worry about eating is kinda.... Even overweight pregnant women still need to eat. Blood sugar is more succeptible to roller coaster effects during pregnancy, regardless of how big or small the person is.
#13 of 15 Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlaana View Post
And FTR, commenting on someone being overweight while pregnant as a reason why they should not worry about eating is kinda.... Even overweight pregnant women still need to eat. Blood sugar is more succeptible to roller coaster effects during pregnancy, regardless of how big or small the person is.
: I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by the comment. I hope she didn't mean anything by it, but it was very hurtful to read as a "large" mama (who if anything doesn't eat enough but it's nice to know what other people think when they look at me : ).
#14 of 15 Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#15 of 15 Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I threw it across the room.
that was a BIT dramatic. lol but yes I see your point. I am over weight and they seem to make it a habit to tell me EVERY TIME I check in there not going to feed me. I wonder if they tell the skinny ladies that. lol I do not even ask for anything and they deny me. lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page