Who's Left and a Question (May be TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Besides me? Anyone not mind being late or not due yet? I was due on Saturday, but still nothing and no reals signs, either. DD was 11 days late, so I think it's just in my nature to be a ten-month mama. I feel really good, no real complaints (sorry!!).

A few questions for those more experienced. I've been doing EPO for the last 2 weeks and I don't know if it's helping or not, but I seem to pee alot of it out in the am. I know where I'm supposed to be putting it, but when I pee when I wake up, it's very oily. I don't remember this happening with DD when I used EPO. Also, I'm using Dr. Weils' V-Caps (I'm a vegetarian and most EPO's have gelatin). My midwife suggested I poke a hole in it to release the oil. I haven't been and then I did last night to see if it made a difference and it didn't. Any suggestions? Should I just use gel caps?

Also, my midwife suggested starting caulifilum and cimcifuga (sp?) to help "stir things up". I'm reluctant though, bc I read in a homeopathy book I have that caulifilum can sometimes make the opposite happen if you've had straight-forward labors in the past. DD was late, but once labor started, she was born in 6 hours after only 20 minutes of pushing.

Anyone with advice or opinions-SPEAK UP!! I don't mind being "late", but I also don't mind helping mother nature along, esp. if it means not having to have a biophysical profile like I did with DD.

Thanks!!

Danielle, bf'ing, cd'ing, bw'ing, ap'ing, SAHM to DD Avery (12-1-04) blahblah.gif DS Linus (10-31-07)bouncy.gif and DD Nilah (9-17-11) babygirl.gif

always and forever remembering angel1.gif (6-9-10)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 PM

i'm still here,

my edd was oct 12 and it was based on when i ovulated so i know i got the number right. i have been having a lot of early labor type stuff since a few weeks before my edd and my midwifes had seemed to think my baby would come a bit on the early side because of all the early labor stuff but nope my baby is comfy and likes my womb. so yeah i'm here and at this point with everything i have been feeling so many stop and go contractions for so long now i don't know if i will know when it is the real thing. i have started joking that i won't know i am in labor until the baby is crowning which actually would fit with all my labor dreams. i see my midwife tomorrow and i am pondering asking to have my membrane stripped. she is willing to do that sort of thing but never pressures for any internal stuff she just offers and leaves it up to me if i want to or not.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#3 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM

I'm still here and in no real hurry to have it over (well, I am looking forward to labor being over, but not the pregnancy). I am excited about the baby, but I'm enjoying the end and I still have things to do, so I wouldn't a little more time.
#4 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'm still here. I'm a 41 weeker and I've been resigned to going 41 weeks since the very beginning but I hurt so bad this time that I'm ready NOW. I was due on Sunday and usually go 4-6 days over.
#5 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 10:49 PM

I am still here and plan on just letting nature take it coarse unless he gets too big in which case the Dr. demands a c-section.
#6 of 21 Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM

I'm still here too, but unforunately not as patient as you all seem to be! I really thought I'd go early so had my mom come down early on the 11th....still waiting and her vacation days are dwindling away each day! She's going to have to leave by the weekend at best, two states away....grrrr....but other than that I'm comfortable so I really can't complain. It's just going to be hard from not having changed a single diaper or done laundry, cooking etc. for the last 2 weeks (, to changing 2 kids and doing a lot after she leaves!
#7 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 AM

Still here, but due Friday Although this is the furthest I've gone yet :-) Not doing anything to speed things up until next monday though' DH is coming back tonight, he'll be here Thursday-Friday, and will be gone Saturday-Sunday... So not really excited for baby to come on days he's gone, but stressed he won't be here... not a really good combo for a hormonal-40w mama ...

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
#8 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Still pregnant here too, Had an original due date of Oct. 8, positive about the date of my LMP, but I know I had really long cycles before I conceived... my midwife is great, baby is moving and I feel the same as I have for weeks, so we think I am just now coming to term. Will be back to see her on Sat., see if there's been any progression. Never been over before, but then I had pitocin with my first two.

I put together some resources in my journal yesterday about post dates and inductions, if anyone wants to read:
http://waiting4it2snow.livejournal.com/224275.html
#9 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM

molly those recourses are awesome thank you so much for posting them. i am so hormonal and sensitive right now i need all the good info i can find

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#10 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm here, don't know if I ever officially joined the club or just lurked, but I'm due Fri. I am really uncomfortable, my feet and ankles are painfully swollen by midmornings now, so I don't have a lot of motivation to do too much. I haven't done anything to speed things up but I'm hoping I don't go too much longer!
#11 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM

hang in there, Moonfroggy. I'm glad what I posted was of help, I found it comforting as well.
#12 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 01:25 PM

I'm due in a week and I'm still here. I've always expected to go over, but I'm both impatient to hold my baby and scared as all hell. I have five days of work left, too, and we could really use that money. So there are pros and cons.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#13 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 PM

I was due either the 10th or the 18th and I'm STILL pregnant. It's ok, though. I'm alright. If I go by the 18th as my edd, then I'll be 43 wks on Nov 8th. I turn 30 on the 7th. So my goal is to have the baby by the time I turn 30.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#14 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Still here, still waiting - not officially due til Friday, but I was one who was sure I'd go early. If I don't go soon, I'm probably going to have to let my dh drive 4 hours away to go get dd - I sent her away 2 weekends ago to MIL and FILs thinking I was really close. I still feel really close, but she can't stay away forever, and MIL's father had emergency open heart surgery and dd is now at BIL and SILs. SIL is newly pregnant and has a 3 year old too. Things are getting really messy... *sigh* This baby is not my favorite child right now....
#15 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 PM

I'm still here, too. My guess date is Friday and I've been having lots of pressure waves for over a week now. Baby will eventually come out. He can't stay in forever! At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Noelia- mama to 4
#16 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

I'm still here! 41 week visit today shows no progress at all. We are going to start induction tomorrow. I'm oddly OK with it. I'm going to his office to have the medication to ripen my cervix inserted tomorrow afternoon. He said I am free to change my mind and wait but I just don't see the point. There are very few changes happenning, no contractions at all. I've had an u/s for fluid and an NST. I'll have to keep having those and I don't think they will make any difference at this point, so, we're going to induce. I've been diagnosed with GD so that just lends itself to more and more intervention. At least I'll be over 41 weeks. I could wait til Monday if I want but even after reading all about all the options I don't see the point. So, Friday we'll have a baby!
#17 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 05:25 PM

i'm due saturday (10/27) and i've been having all sorts of pre-labor stuff since the new moon. i swear, i've lost more mucus plug that I thought was possible... i'm hoping that i have this little one soon because i'm getting pretty sick of being pregnant and i'm sure she's getting quite crowded! i'm 2-3cm and 90% effaced, so i'm not exactly sure what she's waiting for. I kinda think she just wanted to be a scorpio, so anytime now would be nice.

oddly enough, i'm really not at all worried about labor (now that i know i don't have GBS and i'm not going to have to have any needles!) i'm a little nervous about all the newborn stuff because the sweetie and i are total newbs when it comes to that kinda thing. but i would _really_ like to see what she looks like! i'm dying to know!

ugh, and the waiting is getting a little boring. i thought i was going to go early since i started dialating a while ago so I rushed to get everything done and now i'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs. sigh.
#18 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Still here but have been having menstrual like cramps, strong BH, and bloody mucous. I am not due for another week so I have not even considered any induction methods. I do take a flax oil blend with Evening Primrose oil in it but it is orally. I also drink Pregnancy Tea which has Red Raspberry Leaf in it.

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#19 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Still here, 42 weeks on Friday. I'm going for acupuncture in an hour, that got lots of contractions going on Saturday. And I just sent out for Eggplant parmesan

No bloody show, water still intact, haven't had any contractions since Saturday. My cervix was soft, 3 cm long and 2 cm dilated on Tuesday. Baby keeps moving to an oblique position too.

Come on full moon!
#20 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Still here! I was due on the 18th, according to the ultrasound, or the 20th, according to conception date. This is my first baby, so I expected to be late. However, I'm still not dilated at all, no bloody show, nothing but lots and lots of prodormal labor (sp?). Three weeks of contractions and no dilation is a bit dispiriting. Maybe the full moon will do the trick!
#21 of 21 Old 10-25-2007, 01:45 PM

I'm still pregnant, too! My due date is Oct. 18, so I'm 41 weeks. I was a week late with Noah, went into labor on my own a few days before, and was given pitocin to augment labor in the end- it all turned out fine and we had a wonderful birth. This time I'm 2 cm dilated and 1 cm long (cervix,) last time the midwife checked yesterday. I have another appt on Monday, and I'll have membranes stripped, then probably elect to be induced around 42 weeks along. My midwife told me that if this happens, I don't have to stay on pitocin- they can take me off of it asap, once I'm rolling along, and can have me in the water, moving around, etc, the whole time. This makes the whole scenario seem more pleasant for me at this point, and I'm at peace with my situation. I'll probably go into labor by then anyway. Here's hoping!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page