How did you birth your October babe? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Where did you give birth?
Vaginal Birth (Hospital) 34 34.34%
Vaginal Birth (Birth center) 10 10.10%
Vaginal Birth (Home, assisted) 27 27.27%
Cesarean Section 21 21.21%
Unassisted 7 7.07%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
unmedicated hospital birth
#32 of 43 Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bumpin' for new mamas!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#33 of 43 Old 11-07-2007, 01:45 PM

So I can still vote in this poll when I FINALLY have my baby? I was thinking that there should be an option "In November" LOL.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#34 of 43 Old 11-07-2007, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
So I can still vote in this poll when I FINALLY have my baby? I was thinking that there should be an option "In November" LOL.
Well, my "October" babe was born in September, but I still made the poll and voted.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#35 of 43 Old 11-07-2007, 05:21 PM

I had an unplanned c/s after 29 hours of labor. I didn't want to write about my feelings in my birth story.

I broke down in tears the day after my birth, feeling like I didn't fight for myself in the hospital. Broken down repeatidly since then with doula, midwife sister. It's hard even though my midwife supported it. My feelings are coupled by the fact that dh and I were thinking this would be our only one and if I did have another lo I wouldn't be able to go to my midwife as her insurance doesn't allow vbacs
#36 of 43 Old 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapplez View Post
I had an unplanned c/s after 29 hours of labor. I didn't want to write about my feelings in my birth story.

I broke down in tears the day after my birth, feeling like I didn't fight for myself in the hospital. Broken down repeatidly since then with doula, midwife sister. It's hard even though my midwife supported it. My feelings are coupled by the fact that dh and I were thinking this would be our only one and if I did have another lo I wouldn't be able to go to my midwife as her insurance doesn't allow vbacs
I'm so sorry, mama.

#37 of 43 Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM

I had an amazing birth center birth. I labored (back labor- it was awful!) at home and my wonderful daughter was caught by her daddy in the water after 90 minutes of active labor and 30 minutes of pushing. The birth was amazing, the back labor, not so much.
#38 of 43 Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 PM

I had planned to do it unassisted, but I had another c section in the end.

I am totally and completely okay with everything that happened though, and thats what matters (to me).

#39 of 43 Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 AM

Had a wonderful unmedicated hospital waterbirth......was definitely a healing birth for me.
#40 of 43 Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 AM

The board cesarean rate is sadly still better than the national one.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#41 of 43 Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapplez View Post

I had a similar experience with my first DS. Feel free to talk about your experience all you want here!
#42 of 43 Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
The board cesarean rate is sadly still better than the national one.
I thought the same thing. I'm interested in how many of the vaginal births were unmedicated. Mine was- my birth center is free standing (home birth bed and breakfast type) and they don't have drugs. If I was at a hospital, I know I would have caved and gone with an epidural because my back labor was so awful. I'm really glad I didn't because the actual birth was amazing and I was totally there for it. Plus, I didn't want my baby to have drugs
#43 of 43 Old 11-10-2007, 02:03 PM

I had an unmedicated vag birth at a hospital, though I was tempted to cave a few times. DH, doula, and midwife kept me on track.

Still, it was a hell of a lot harder than I ever imagined, esp the two hours of pushing and the second degree tear. I'm waiting for the birth amnesia to set in.

It was worth it, though, because she came out wanting to nurse and is still extremely gung ho about it.

My heart goes out to those whose birth plans were uncontrollably altered. I know how lucky I was. I give enormous credit to the nurse midwife who didn't panic when the baby seemed less responsive during contrx than they like.

Wife to rockin' SAHD DH (34) and mom to DD :, born Nov. 07 (from IUI #4); 09/09; anxious to TTC again soon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page