? about PP bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 2 weeks postpartum and I've already stopped bleeding. Seems like it took way longer with DS1. Anyone else?
#2 of 21 Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 PM

I've been bleeding off and on. I'm 2 1/2 w pp and I stopped for 3 days and started again overnight.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#3 of 21 Old 10-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Mine was pretty much gone by 3 weeks with just a little spotting after that. I think it goes quicker with subsequent pgs. Man, all those periods saved up for 9 mos stink!
#4 of 21 Old 10-30-2007, 03:07 PM

I will be 4wks PP tomorrow and the bleeding has stopped and started 3-4 times now (will 2-3 days of nothing in between).
#5 of 21 Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mine has been gone like almost 4 days now.
#6 of 21 Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 PM

I'm 11 days PP and it's very light - almost gone, but I'm not holding my breath. It seems like it could start up again. With my first I seem to remember bleeding a lot longer (at least 3 weeks).
#7 of 21 Old 10-31-2007, 01:23 AM

i'm 18 days pp now and it's started and stopped twice
#8 of 21 Old 10-31-2007, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 4.5wks now and at 2wks I thought it was over, but it still comes and goes. I'd say it's very, very light now with almost no actual bleeding, just the "other" lochia stuff. Surely you know what I mean. Anyhow, shorter is good!! I wouldn't be too surprised if it started up again, but I wouldn't think it out of the realm of possibility to be done at around 2wks, either. I do think that using mama cloth may help, too, sort of like it does during regular cycles.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#9 of 21 Old 10-31-2007, 04:10 PM

I bled for 9 wks (yes! 9 WEEKS!!) w/ dd (my first) and about 5 w/ ds, this time Cub is a week old today and I'm still bleeding but NOTHING like I did with my others. I wouldn't be surprised if I stop in another week or 2.

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#10 of 21 Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 PM

Mine is way lighter this time around.

I'm 3 weeks PP and it is stops for the entire day and then starts faintly.

With my DS I bled for 6 weeks and it was pretty heavy in the beginning.
#11 of 21 Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 AM

I'm about 1.5 weeks and mine was really light until I started wearing DD in the Moby. I should probably back off the Moby until it stops for awhile, but I need my hands free for DS and she is so comfy in there.
#12 of 21 Old 11-01-2007, 02:36 PM

i remember mine being 6-7 weeks steady with my first but with all subsequent births it would start and stop.
#13 of 21 Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM

Is it true that you're "doing too much" if you start bleeding again. I know I bleed a lot more when I'm up and about.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#14 of 21 Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 PM

mine is on again off again but seems a lot lighter than it was for DD#1

At this point it doesn't seem to be linked to activity level, but I doo feel that does hold true in the first couple of weeks!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#15 of 21 Old 11-02-2007, 12:53 AM

I am 2 weeks and 2 days PP and still bleeding bright red. That doesn't seem normal to me?! I looked with a mirror and it seems like some of it may be coming from where I tore. Should I call the doctor or wait it out a little longer? Maybe I am just doing too much.
#16 of 21 Old 11-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Is it true that you're "doing too much" if you start bleeding again. I know I bleed a lot more when I'm up and about.
YES!! I had this problem last time and committed to not getting out of bed for 3 days and not leaving the house for a week this time. The more you do the more probability that it could affect your bleeding.

This time, I am 2 wks PP and still bleeding and would do anything for it to be over so I can have sex again and somehow remind myself that I am a woman, a female, and more than just mom the milk bringer and sandwich maker
#17 of 21 Old 11-02-2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
That's what happens to me too. I think if there's a long period of time where you're not bleeding you might be taking it a little too easy. I know that happened to me when we were holed up at home after we got back from being evacuated. I went from staining sheets to barely having a drop on a pad. I told dh I had to get out and do something or I'd never stop pp bleeding (in that it would just drag on forever.) He wanted me to stay in bed and rest for a few days longer but I was getting cabin fever!
#18 of 21 Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlaana View Post
YES!! I had this problem last time and committed to not getting out of bed for 3 days and not leaving the house for a week this time. The more you do the more probability that it could affect your bleeding.

This time, I am 2 wks PP and still bleeding and would do anything for it to be over so I can have sex again and somehow remind myself that I am a woman, a female, and more than just mom the milk bringer and sandwich maker
omg, I was thinking tonight that I was in the mood to dtd and then it hit me that Lana isn't even 2 weeks old yet. I couldn't even THINK about sex for at least 6 weeks after having Emily. It's crazy!
#19 of 21 Old 11-03-2007, 03:21 AM

I stopped bleeding after 1 week, but it may come back as that was just a couple of days ago. It still hurts like heck though! With DS1 I was walking like a penguin for a good 9 weeks.: I think I'll be able to walk without my knees together much sooner this time around, but who knows! I'm going to use my cold laser and wheat germ oil on the scar once it heals a bit more.
#20 of 21 Old 11-03-2007, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My bleeding with my first went for about 4 weeks, I think, and with my others it wasn't longer than a period, so I was expecting the same this time... but it just seemed to go on and on. At my 4 week check up, I was still spotting lightly.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#21 of 21 Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 PM

I'll be 2 weeks pp tomorrow, my bleeding was down to spotting when I foolishly gave my older daughter a piggy back ride through the parking lot at target. I was not even thinking - just trying to get that giggle out of her...

I was having some gushes that night, and now two days later it seems to have finally gone back to near where it was before.

it is so hard to remember that I am not totally healed, since I feel so much better than I did with my c/s.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page