He's here! I have a fresh new baby! * pics & story on post 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thomas Clark C- was born at 10:53 AM (central) today, November 1, 2007. He was born unassisted into mommy's hands with LOTS of support from daddy on the bathroom floor mat. He weighed 9lb 3oz and has HAIR. Unlike big brother & big sister who were bald as cue balls till they were considerably older.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#2 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Congrats!!!!
#3 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 08:07 PM

on a bathroom floor mat?? lol WOW girl! Congrats!
#4 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM

That's awesome! Congrats!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#5 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 PM

Congratulations! Good job!

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#6 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 PM

Congratulations! Wow, on the bathroom floor, was that planned? Let's hear the birth story, mama!
#7 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Some details of the birth:

I woke at 6:20 or so with contractions. I tried to sleep again. My mom called at 6:37 and I was still contracting (of course). It went on like that till around 10:40 when I needed to push. It was such a fast labor. I didn't expect it.

The pains when it was time to push were overwhelming and I ended up panicking. Yelling, "I can't do this!" even though logic was telling me, "What the heck are you gonna do? Go to the hospital like this? The baby is coming out NOW and no medic would make it in time. Besides, what are they gonna do??" In retrospect it's rather amusing but in the moment I was very scared. The pain was constant, I wasn't getting a break and I wasn't expecting that.

I went to the toilet to clean up a little (bodily functions) and realized I needed to get OFF the toilet, otherwise he'd have been born in the toilet. Not the place for a baby! lol!

Then for awhile afterward the after pains (after the placenta had come out, about 20 min or so) were freaking me out again and I was in shock again! So I took some homeopathic remedies for shock, bruising & swelling, and nerve pain throughout the afternoon. It helped. Of course, I still feel bruised from pushing a bowling ball out of myself. I'm feeling much better than I was, though, both physically and mentally.

Tim (dh) was OUTSTANDING throughout the labor and birth. I couldn't have asked for a better partner. He was excited and happy and calm and peaceful and just awesome. He'd help me focus and he was just great, especially when I was freaking out.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#8 of 22 Old 11-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yay!!! wahoo!! Yippeee!!!! Im so excited for you!

Congratulations!

I am thrilled for you, he is adorable, and you and DH are and awesome team!

PS:
The afterpains do SUCK. I was taking afterease tincture AND 4 ibuprofens and they didnt do cr@p for my afterpains this time. Blugh. Hate afterpains. So glad to be past that.
#9 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 12:10 AM

CONGRATS!!! He's adorable, what a chunky little guy! And he has hair! I don't know why that's such an exciting detail, but it is. I'm excited about my LOs hair too.
#10 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 03:14 AM

Yay!! Congrats!! So I guess that answers that - a November babe! Glad it went so well, despite the (perfectly natural and normal) feelings of panic along the way. Looks like your big kids are totally in love, too!

Enjoy your babymoon!!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#11 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 AM

Congratulations JTG!! Welcome Thomas!

I have to say that I said, "I can't do this" with similar thoughts with this labor too...this time was more painful for me too for some reason...that part of your story struck a cord. I felt really silly saying that when I thought about it later. I think I was more protesting the pain than thinking that I couldn't do it. DD (this baby) has hair too...hmmm...maybe it was the hair?!

Anyhow, I posted in announcements.

Enjoy your babymoon!
#12 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgarden View Post
Congratulations JTG!! Welcome Thomas!

I have to say that I said, "I can't do this" with similar thoughts with this labor too...this time was more painful for me too for some reason...that part of your story struck a cord. I felt really silly saying that when I thought about it later. I think I was more protesting the pain than thinking that I couldn't do it. DD (this baby) has hair too...hmmm...maybe it was the hair?!

Anyhow, I posted in announcements.

Enjoy your babymoon!
You know, another mom just told me the same thing! I wonder why we experience that.

#13 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Congratulations!

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..

#14 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 12:12 PM

congratulations mama! : yippeeee!

November 1st is an AMAZING b-day!!!

Welcome earthside hairy headed Thomas!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#15 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Congrats!

I'm totally with you on the pushing... I was very calm during labor, but as soon as I felt the urge to push, I shrieked, "I can't do this! Tell me I can do this! I don't think I can do this!"

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#16 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 02:44 PM

What a fabulous and inspiring birth story, and he's so adorable! congratulations mama!

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#17 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM

Congratulations! What a fast birth! Welcome baby!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#18 of 22 Old 11-02-2007, 11:59 PM

congratulations!
#19 of 22 Old 11-03-2007, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
Congrats!

I'm totally with you on the pushing... I was very calm during labor, but as soon as I felt the urge to push, I shrieked, "I can't do this! Tell me I can do this! I don't think I can do this!"
shrieking! Perfect word for it.

#20 of 22 Old 11-03-2007, 02:16 AM

congrats JTG!
okay, so i have to ask, did you need any stitches? if so, who did them? he was a big boy, but that doesn't always equal tearing......just curious......
enjoy your time with Thomas and the gang!
#21 of 22 Old 11-03-2007, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by levismom View Post
congrats JTG!
okay, so i have to ask, did you need any stitches? if so, who did them? he was a big boy, but that doesn't always equal tearing......just curious......
enjoy your time with Thomas and the gang!
Well, if I was in a hospital and possibly if I had a mw, I would receive stitches. But after checking out the tear myself, it's only skin that tore and it will heal. I may have my mw friend check me on Tuesday when she comes to do the PKU on Thomas, just to get her professional opinion, but I'm feeling a lot better than I was on day 1, that's for sure.

I measured his head -- 14.25 inches.
Max, my first, was 9lb 8oz and had a 13 inch head, Rachel was 7lb 14oz w/ a 13.5 in head. Rachel is the only one I had such minor tearing with -- I didn't even need one stitch.

#22 of 22 Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 PM

Congratulations!

My third was born with black hair -- not a huge amount, but after two blonde, wispy-haired babies, it was really different!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page