Who will be last.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 11-05-2007, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am betting on myself right now. lol!

I thought last night would be it for sure. There was just this moment where I suddenly felt emotionally ready and got this huge tightening with so much pressure down low I thought the baby was going to come within a few hours! I had lots more tightenings every 5-7 mintues and they completely died out after just 3 hours. I broke down crying for about an hour as I realized I am actually in a scared and fearful place about birthing this time. I am not sure why but suddenly all of the aches and discomfort don't seem so bad compared to birthing. Have I lost my mind???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 PM

I'm loosing it too - I told my baby last night that I was letting go. S/he's wanted, but I'm not going to force her/him into the world if s/he's really that afraid of it. S/he'll have to decide if s/he wants to live or die. Who knows, maybe s/he's been here before, and lived a horrible life? I promised I'd do my best by her/him if s/he decides to give life another try... nuts, I'm going nuts. At any rate, I just want this story told and to move on.
#3 of 27 Old 11-05-2007, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
I'm loosing it too - I told my baby last night that I was letting go. S/he's wanted, but I'm not going to force her/him into the world if s/he's really that afraid of it. S/he'll have to decide if s/he wants to live or die. Who knows, maybe s/he's been here before, and lived a horrible life? I promised I'd do my best by her/him if s/he decides to give life another try... nuts, I'm going nuts. At any rate, I just want this story told and to move on.
I had given in like that and felt so ready too. But, now I feel like it is me who is holding things up. I mean I really don't think the baby is trying to play tricks on by starting and stopping the birth all the time like this. Sending a hug to you! It seems so crazy that these last few weeks can be so trying emotionally! It is seeming more and more emotionally trying rather than physical at this point! Sounds like it is the same for you.
#4 of 27 Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM

I read a story at some point about a woman who got so tense about being post dates the tension seemed to hold up the labor. She went and got acupuncture and went into labor at 42 weeks exactly...

I don't feel like I'm the one holding things up, but I do feel like the tension I'm feeling is probably not helping things. I think it is very unfair and rough to have to head into a labor feeling run down and mentally exhausted. I often feel like I'm waiting until evening when the kids go to sleep, and then once they do, I'm too tired to get excited by the idea of birthing - I just want to go to bed myself.

#5 of 27 Old 11-05-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

I think I may be experiencing some of that too. Just pure physical exhaustion that makes me wonder about how my body could possibly handle birth. Three of my children are in elementary school during the day but I still have two at home all day, plus all of them in the evening and my 3 year old son decided he would delay the typical 2 year old tantrums until just a month ago and he is still going strong with them. Some of my kids have been sick. Actually last night my tightenings stopped when my 3 year old woke up dreaming of a tantrum that he was acting out. I hadn't even thought of that. I have no family or anyone to help me out here, except DH of course. So, I guess some of that stress is playing into holding things up. I did my nesting months ago. Now, the idea is very old and I wish someone would come and nest for me! Just to clarify I am not wearing myself out by any "extra" cleaning! lol!

I just realized we are both planning UC births! That is pretty cool. I have done all my own prenatal care, no ultrasound, so it is really a waiting game here.
#6 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 AM

Um, I'm pretty sure I'll be after both of y'all. but you know, I like the idea of a race. I'm still reasonably zen about still being pregnant, but I'm getting really tired of the outside pressure. I talked about induction today with my backup, and then with my husband. I can't believe I'm even considering inducing (not until next wednesday, when I'll be 42 weeks, but still). I'm just so frustrated and uncomfortable.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#7 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 01:15 PM

Another 10/31 EDD here with no signs of impending labor....I'm just about to lose it emotionally. : I know babies come when they're ready, but I am so freakin' ready not to be pregnant any more, and stressed about logistics for caring about my older kids if the baby waits, and stressed about which midwife will be on call (both are good, but I'm a little intimidated by one and really want the other one). I swing back and forth between considering drinking the Kool-Aid -- errm, I mean castor oil -- and not. I'm so anti-induction and anti-intervention, but I'm also SO ready to be done.

I so wish I'd just given myself an EDD of mid-November....this is only my 3rd baby, you'd think I'd know how bogus the wheelie EDDs are by now!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#8 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
I swing back and forth between considering drinking the Kool-Aid -- errm, I mean castor oil -- and not. I'm so anti-induction and anti-intervention, but I'm also SO ready to be done.

I so wish I'd just given myself an EDD of mid-November....this is only my 3rd baby, you'd think I'd know how bogus the wheelie EDDs are by now!
Have you been doing EPO or RRL tea? I just got the go-ahead from my midwives yesterday to do the EPO--not that they were holding out on me, but I'd never asked about it. Both of those are less extreme than the castor oil.

I did give myself an expect date of mid-november; I've been saying this whole time that I expected a baby around the 11th, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#9 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM

Yep, I've been drinking about a half-gallon of RRL tea (VERY strong) every day for the past several weeks, and I'm up to 5 EPO capsules 2 times a day.....

And nothing. Nada. Not even practice contractions. :

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#10 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 03:05 PM

I'll join the race!

My EDD was October 26th, and that was my late date We elaborated a plan yesterday with the midwives to induce "naturally" as otherwise, induction is set for Thursay morning... still wondering if I'll go... We'll see.

It almost worked last night, had the strongest contractions yet, about every 5 min. but eventually faded out in the tub. I was OK with it (surprised myself!) since I was SO tired... We'll be trying again tonight with the breastpump like last night. I am going to the acupuncturist this PM... hoping that will work

Hang in there ladies, we'll eventually have our babies!

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
#11 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
Have you been doing EPO or RRL tea? I just got the go-ahead from my midwives yesterday to do the EPO--not that they were holding out on me, but I'd never asked about it. Both of those are less extreme than the castor oil.

I did give myself an expect date of mid-november; I've been saying this whole time that I expected a baby around the 11th, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.
i am doing rrl tea myself. i keep hearing squaw vine in my head for some reason. haven't tried the epo though..

my due date was october 22nd. first time i have ever gone past my due date, i am sure i have mentioned that. but i am starting to really hope everything is ok. i have also never had this stop and start labor so it is making me wonder.
#12 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM

I did the castor oil and I've done blue and black cohosh, and still pregnant - at least for me they definately do not give the body a big push. The only thing that seems to be helping me along at all are homeopathics - but they only seem to make subtle changes - mostly to my mood, helping me relax - that help the normal progression of things.
#13 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 10:40 PM

Just got back from the acupuncturist, and it was an awesome session. She really played with the stimulation points and I had really good contractions. She also did moxibustion (?) on some points to make sure baby is in the right position and it SO made him move Now, it's a couple hours later, and I'm having ctx's about every 15 min. Not huge ctx's but, hey, better than nothing

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
#14 of 27 Old 11-06-2007, 10:47 PM

I'm glad to hear the acupuncture is working for someone! I've had 4 or 5 visits now, she's hooked me up to the TENS machine at multiple points, but I haven't had any contractions at all from it. I know she knows what she's doing, she's Chinese & trained in China as both an MD and a traditional doctor, but geez louise this baby is resisting EVERYTHING!!!!

I talked to both my midwives today, and I do have a plan....if baby doesn't show by Friday I'm doing castor oil. : Either Friday or Saturday depending how I'm feeling. I'll do a non-stress test on Thursday, but I am NOT going past this weekend, because then next Monday I'd have to do the fluid level check at the hospital and as of next Wednesday I wouldn't get to homebirth. So I'm giving baby every chance to do things the easier way up through this weekend, but I'm just not setting foot in the hospital (and I'm not willing to UC at 42 completed weeks with no midwives).

I feel better knowing I have a plan.....it helps me cope a little better.

#15 of 27 Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 AM

I have a NST scheduled for Monday, so I'm hoping I have a baby before then. I think Saturday we'll try the Castor Oil if nothing's happened by then. I'm taking 2600mg of EPO daily and inserting the same vaginally every night. Next thursday I'll do a BPP if I'm still pregnant and probably go in for a pit induction. I have somewhere to be for Thanksgiving; if I didn't I'd stay pregnant as long as I needed to.

If I get one more phone call, though, geez.

#16 of 27 Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 PM

EDD of 10/31 here as well with no signs whatsoever.
I am pretty sure of my dates since we were charting, etc. so I'm beginning to question my bodies abilities a bit. :/ My first babe was an induction so I don't have any "proof" that these things really happen on their own! ha.

We just went out shopping and walking and despite the baby feeling like he's going to fall out of my body, there is no sign or symptom of labor to speak of.
#17 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

So have any of the "last of October" preggos on this thread popped yet? I'm still hanging in there, but I've got a midwife-approved castor oil plan for Sunday if baby doesn't get her act together before then! :

#18 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

I am still here. And in spite of my last period being middle of January my insightful husband still insists I did not get pregnant until Feb sometime. So, my due date of Oct 22nd is kaput at this point. He says I have not passed my due date. How sweet of him! lol!

I have decided though that if nothing happens by Monday I am going to make an appointment somewhere just to ease my mind I guess. At this point I am freaking a bit, was crying last night, because I know that I have never gone past a due date before in my 5 previous pregnancies. If I was right about my dates that puts me at 42 weeks and 4 days pregnant. So, just concerned that something might be wrong that is holding things up.
#19 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 PM

Oh, leslie, I hope something gets moving for you soon. It's so nice that your DH is being supportive of you.

I'm still here, too, and hoping that the new moon this weekend gets me going!

#20 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM

I'm only 40 weeks +1 and my Dr is REALLY pushing for induction. :/
#21 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 08:27 PM

I'm 42 +1 - at most my ovulation could have been delayed one week, but I can't buy that I would be any more off than that. I think I'm in official early labor. I'm to 3.5cm and I've been contracting somewhat regularly since 7 am. Really hoping and praying to wrap this pregnancy thing up before my parents get here Monday (maybe Sunday night).

Oh wow, new moon is tonight by my calendar - that would be cool - that makes it technically a new Hebrew month with a new zodiac sign - not a Scorpio. That's kind of cool!
#22 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
I'm 42 +1 - at most my ovulation could have been delayed one week, but I can't buy that I would be any more off than that. I think I'm in official early labor. I'm to 3.5cm and I've been contracting somewhat regularly since 7 am. Really hoping and praying to wrap this pregnancy thing up before my parents get here Monday (maybe Sunday night).

Oh wow, new moon is tonight by my calendar - that would be cool - that makes it technically a new Hebrew month with a new zodiac sign - not a Scorpio. That's kind of cool!
My ovulation must have been delayed a month then! LOL!

Sounds like you are really in early labor. I have been thinking the 11th for myself, Sunday since my last predicted date of Nov 3rd passed.

What would the new sign be if not scorpio? I thought scorpio was up until the 22nd of this month? Guess I am not sure how the Hebrew calendar would play into that. Mind explaining to me? I am very curious since this will mean something for my baby also!
#23 of 27 Old 11-09-2007, 10:14 PM

The Hebrew calendar is lunar - each month begins on the new moon (and Hebrew days begin at sundown) - and there is a sign of the zodiac that cooresponds to each Hebrew month. So a certain portion of the population will be one sign according to traditional astrology, but a different sign according to Hebrew astrology. With this new moon, we start the month kislev and babies will be Sagittarius according to the Hebrew calendar. That's kind of a consolation prize for me, cause dh and dd are Scorpio and ds is a Leo - those are pretty strong personalities for a Pisces to deal with - sounds like Sagittarius a little more laid back:
http://www.kabbalah.com/astrology_signs.php#sag
#24 of 27 Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
So have any of the "last of October" preggos on this thread popped yet? I'm still hanging in there, but I've got a midwife-approved castor oil plan for Sunday if baby doesn't get her act together before then! :
How did it go? I'm considering the castor oil method as well since I have another NST scheduled for tuesday morning and I know the pressure to induce will be heavy. :/
#25 of 27 Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 AM

big big (((hugs))) to you mamas still waiting!

oh and of course

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#26 of 27 Old 11-13-2007, 03:41 PM

I'm doing castor oil today. We're trying to get the baby out before tomorrow, because Thursday I have to transfer to my backup and I don't want to birth in the hospital.

#27 of 27 Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM

i hope you have given birth by now blue and aylaanne!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page