moms of 2 or more - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2007, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
really share your secrets. I don't know how you do it. I had my 1st 2 weeks ago, am exhausted, still haven't finished my birth story and I desperatly miss all of you but seriously don't have time for computer. You are super heros
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM

It just takes a while to get into the new groove. Don't beat yourself up and try to find patience you'll be a pro in no time.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:00 PM

It was overwhelming at when my first son, Adam was born too but you really do get used to it. I did speak to soon though because going from one to two was pretty easy except for going out anywhere so I thought hmmm...maybe three (under the age of 2 1/2) won't be so bad. Well...lets just say it is a constant juggling act. I have had to become organized (YIKES) in order to do anything. :
Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 PM

my DD is still in the newborn sleepy stage so I can sneak here quickly when DS plays on his own for a bit.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I remember being totally overwhelmed with the first, too. Judah is our third, so it's a whole different ballgame now. It's funny, though, 'cause we'll be out with Judah wrapped snuggly in the Hug-a-Bub or pouch, and it will still feel like we "only" have two! After all, that's all I'm watching after and accounting for. Of course there are times when all THREE are crying or throwing a fit about something. And then there are times like tonight when Judah has been asleep for three hours and I finally gave up on bathing him after I'd bathed the other two, because he just wasn't waking up!

Judah's 5.5 weeks old now and we're still working to find a rhythm, but it gets better and better. Definitely give yourself time!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 AM

lol. I'm not handling two well at all, but the thing about number two is... I know from experience that it will get easier. All in good time. It will for you too!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 AM

my first was tough when I was 18 but I was a single mom for the most part. My second, was like having a first all over again because it was 10 years later, and was very tough in so many ways just like you mention (not being able to function at all pretty much)

This is my third and its just so much easier now. I'm much more calm and much harder to stress. I'm used to sleeping in spurts instead of all night long now days so its easier to get rest than it was last time too.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Its hard, I wont lie. My oldest was high need, and I got addicted to the internet while marathon nursing her for months on end. My second child was so easy she was like having a pet cat by comparison, feed her and love on her every few hours, but she was so totally laid back. My third was more in the middle, and I seemed to be having to be on my feet all the time getting somebody something. My youngest next to the baby is 2 now, and my oldest is nearly 8, she gets a lot of the things like peanut butter sandwiches and juice for my youngest daughter, plays with her, can put on her favorite show or video.. and can buckle and unbuckle the carseat and the stroller.. so a lot of the physical needs are helped by my oldest.

As far as online time, if they are all happy and baby is sleeping, I can be online. Or if I have baby on my lap at the computer and the rest are playing. I usually get on before breakfast, after lunch when some are napping, and again after everyone is in bed.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM

Thread jacking...

Frelle, that's a gorgeous pic of the whole fam!!!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfMamaAintHappy View Post
My second child was so easy she was like having a pet cat by comparison.
: That cracked me up!

I win -- I was a single mom of TWINS the first time around! :

So, technically I've never had one baby at a time. Although right now I'm sitting here with just Sydney and it's HEAVEN (my mom took the boys to preschool and my older girl went with her).

I think it just depends on the baby, really. Sydney is very easy-going, she just likes to eat and cuddle. If she were my only one, I could get a lot done. If my other girl were my only one (when she was a newborn) I couldn't have gotten anything done, she was a very high needs baby. Luckily she's morphed into an easygoing 2.5yo.

I have 4 kids under the age of 5yo.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM

So far three isn't so bad but dh is still home. I am trying to handle more and more so I don't hav a huge adjusment when he goes back. Unfortunately we are watching alot of movies right now but the girls aren't complaining and it keeps them out of things.

Erin is pretty easy going as well. She doesn't want to sleep by herself for naps so it does make some things harder but I am assuming she will grow out of it eventually. She was very sleepy for the first two weeks but now she gets over stimulated by the girls and has some reflux that bothers her, so she is either in arms or the sling during the day.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 11-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned

I only get on here while I'm nursing DS. Sad huh? I'm trying to get in some sort of a rouitine. That seems to be helping some..
Old 11-06-2007, 06:26 PM

You know I talk to friends and it really does depend on your personality and your baby's. If having 1, 2, or 3 is the bigger adjustment. For me it was 2. I didn't do anything. The first time I went grocery shopping by myself when my second was 6 months, I had the boys in the double stroller and it tipped over into the parking lot. I vowed never to do that again! I also had horrible ppd and my second was very high needs.
thankfully this third one is so happy and content. I just put her in the pouch and she is happy.
It just takes finding your groove. Good luck. It does get easier once you get used to it
Old 11-07-2007, 02:34 AM

candy, I thought I'd never get usedto having one, and my friends were having twins or already on their 3rd child, so I didn't feel like I could complain to anyone. I only had one and he just wanted to stand all the time (even before he could stand), and I ALWAYS thought he was heavy (8lber at birth). But once we got nursing down and I got to be an expert at the sling (which I insist is the best baby present ever), things got easier.

Now I have my 2 month old and an almost 3 year old and 2 months ago I thought, "I'll never leave the house again...its too hard", but It is getting better...so It will get better for you as well. Let me know how things go for you. Is there anything specific you are struggling with?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:28 AM

Two weeks is still really, really young -- and also really soon after birth for you, you're still recovering. Mine is 6 weeks and I'm now managing to do a few things like go to a playgroup or get groceries -- and I have dh home full time!

The kids' personalities make a huge difference, as others have said. R is far more laid-back than my first and third were. He doesn't like to sleep alone or be on his own for very long (I think the longest stretch I've laid him down awake for was long enough to wipe down the counter and quickly clean the toilet in the bathroom), but he rarely cries if he's being held. I can put him in the wrap and take care of the other kids -- make sandwiches, brush teeth, read stories, wash dishes, sweep, pick up toys, etc. My oldest, on the other hand, was fussy and gassy and wanted to comfort nurse a lot and be walked a lot. It would have made things much more difficult to have older kids to look after.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 11-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Noah is my 3rd and is just over 3 weeks old.... i have yet to find a groove!! I feel completely lost when thinking about going out of the house without another adult to drive. My first 2 babes hated being in the car and I have a lot of anxiety about this one being the same way. Reality is though that I will need to go out of the house at some point. I have to pick up my oldest from school and my 3 year old is very tired of being in the house. Hopefully, in time we will both find our groove

peace
jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 PM

Wow, I am trying to remember the days of having just 1 child...it has been over 2 1/2 years for me since that happened.

I will say that the transition from 2-3 was so much easier than going from 1-2....even with having had a c/s with #3.

Ok, time to go NAK.

User Tag List