cosleeping and pillow top mattress - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-09-2007, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anything I can do to make my bed more safe for DS? I heard of mattress wrapping, but can't find info online about it. Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-10-2007, 03:33 AM

I am going to get one of those wedges that keep baby from rolling. There are a couple mentioned in this thread.

I think that will keep baby from rolling towards one of us for a few months. Then not sure what else we will do.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#3 of 5 Old 11-10-2007, 04:59 AM

I just posted this on another thread here in our DDC under "i realize i have a tummy sleeper". you can check out www.stopsidsnow.com if you want to learn more about mattress wrapping, as you can't just use any plastic; most contain toxins. hope this helps!
#4 of 5 Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 AM

I'm curious about this too. I just bought a bed rail, so that the baby can sleep on the outside of me (DH tends to meander toward my side of the bed, and sometimes takes sleep aids) without worrying about falling off the bed. If that doesn't work, I'm planning on putting the basinette right up next to the bed.

I'm not sure how I feel about mattress wrapping, but it might be something we try. Or, we might just flip our mattress (we only have a pillow top on one side).

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#5 of 5 Old 11-10-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Those snuggle nests are nice. I am wondering if it would fit in our queen size bed though, and leave room for us! Our 2 year old isn't a big co-sleeper, but he does go through spells where he wants to be in bed with us. I am wondering where he would fit?! Too bad our mattress isn't old, I would just buy a king!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page