Gassy lo - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So Bryce is Very gassy!!! I feel bad for him b/c he squrms and cries. The mylacom drops help but still. He does better sitting up. Or in our arms or in his swing (we only put him in for a short time) I talked to a retired delivery nurse at church today. I've been really gassy too She said this definatly affects Bryce. One way I can calm him down is by nursing but, this is a double edged sword as it makes him gassy too.

I would't call him colicly yet as I read in Dr Sears
"If you think your lo might be colicly he's not."

So I guess I'll start a food diary to figure this out. Anyone else expierencing this/ have suggestions?
#2 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 06:49 PM

yep...mine's a gassy man, too. i'm pretty sure it's because of my oversupply and very forceful letdown. www.kellymom.com has some good info on that.
#3 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!!!! Bryce definatly has some of those habits, gulping, clamping down, clicking... I'll try those positions
#4 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey2061 View Post
yep...mine's a gassy man, too. i'm pretty sure it's because of my oversupply and very forceful letdown. www.kellymom.com has some good info on that.
Me too exactly!!
#5 of 8 Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 PM

Block nursing and reclined nursing definitely helped with my oversupply.

I also use homeopathic carbo veg. Seems to help a bit.

James is terribly gassy. He STINKS. I feel badly for him. Once my supply evens out and his digestive system matures, I'm sure it will get better. Same with Bryce!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#6 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Judah gets gassy as in he burps alot and spits up after nursing - definitely let-down related. Sounds like he's drowning in milk sometimes! However, he's almost never gassy on the other end. I'd definitely keep a food diary if that's what's happening with your DS. Seems lower-digestive issues may have more correlation with food sensitivities than with let-down, though that's not necessarily always the case.

Hope you're all feeling better soon!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#7 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Hmm, my partial reply just disappeared...

Gassy little guy here too, I also think it's too much milk, coming too fast. The kid wakes himself up he's so gassy. I guess it's good that it's coming out though? But even after huge man-burps, there is always still more, both ends. I really hope it is something he grows out of!
#8 of 8 Old 11-13-2007, 12:21 AM

candy, we're having the exact same issue! Our Dr. said to use the mylicon which helps but not always. She loves to sit up and munch on a finger but sometimes even that won't help. I've also been trying Hyland's colic tablets which are homeopathic (our Dr said these are safe to use but may or may not work). Sometimes I think it's colic but mostly it's just bad gas (sometimes she freaks when she's trying to pass a BM).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page