ADDED PICS! 11/11/07, 11:11pm, Weight 9.4, SHE'S HERE!... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pics here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1002497...7600779769295/
Weighed her Monday morning and she was 9 lbs 4 oz. I keep thinking she doesn't look that big but when I uploaded her pics and looked at them, well, yes she does. lol!
I may have been wrong on her weight. Actually I was I guess. After I weighed just the diaper, wool pants, shirt, hat she was wearing they came to 9 ounces. So, 9 lbs 4 oz minus 9 oz is 8 lbs 11 oz. Interesting. And she looks more like an almost 9 pounder rather than over 9 lbs. However, that was still the next day so how much weight would a newborn lose the first day? I should have just done it nakie that first night.

My funny girl is here!
She decided to come out last night after an easy 4 hour birth, she stayed posterior and was born face up and I guess that is the reason for my stop and start labor and I don't have a clue as to why she favored that position for birth. She never even rotated once her head was out. I also never pushed her out, my body really did it and I beared down when I felt the urge but there was no pushing if you know what I mean. I had three dreams of the baby being born posterior and one showed it was because of her spine but it seems fine.

She didn't show any signs physically of being overdue but did also have meconium in the water. Also a first for me. Water released, light brown, and she was out 2 minutes later.

When the water came out like that and I could feel something was presenting quite not right I had my husband call 911 but by the time they got here she had already been born into our hands and was breathing right away, a little crying, totally fine and still doing great. They tried to tell me I had to go to the hospital, one guy was trying to cut the cord, being rude. Then my human angel walked in. She had 5 children herself and said she understood me wanting to stay home and told those other guys it was my right. She was with a second ambulance that showed up and I am so glad she did. So, we stayed here, no one cut the cord, and all is well.

My husband actually thinks she was 11 days early. He insists I got pregnant in Feb somehow and can tell because my smell changes. It would be appropriate that she was born 11 days early.

Born 11/11/07 at 11:11 pm.

I felt such intense back pressure and don't think I could have made it through this birth without my husband, my daughters and hypnobabies.
It was easy as it was, I didn't even realize I was that close to her coming out. I can only imagine if she had been anterior it would have been a walk in the park. I still think it was pretty easy considering it was a totally posterior birth. I didn't tear and she was relatively easy for my body to push out. I tried all kinds of hands knees positions to turn her and even throughout her birthing time and she would just stay as she was. She came so fast that no one caught pictures of her coming out. I am so disappointed about that. But, all 5 kids were right there watching and my husband was right beside me and helped me support her head and body coming out which is a first because I usually do that part on my own but it felt right for him to help this time. We did catch some pictures shortly after birth when the EMTs left but the kids had the camera on manual so I am not even sure how they turned out. I will post some pics as soon as I feel up to walking across the house to upload them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 11-12-2007, 02:09 PM

Congratulations!!! How cool about her bdate and time of birth!

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#3 of 11 Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 PM

Congrats! I had back labor too and it is definitely awful. I'm glad your birth was good. Welcome baby girl!
#4 of 11 Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 PM

Congrats! I have to agree, back labor sucks! What a turkey not turning. Enjoy your baby moon and I'm so glad they didn't make you go to the hospital.
#5 of 11 Old 11-12-2007, 07:39 PM

Congratulations!
#6 of 11 Old 11-12-2007, 07:57 PM

congratulations
#7 of 11 Old 11-13-2007, 02:46 AM

Congratulations TinyBB! 11/11 is such a great birthday...someone I love has that b-day too! Welcome to your little girl.

I posted in announcements. Enjoy your babymoon.
#8 of 11 Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congratulations~
#9 of 11 Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 AM

i love her b-day and time also! glad they didn't make you transport, what a great little angel that showed up! awesome story, can't believe no tears with a 9+ pounder! lucky thing, you....way to go!!
#10 of 11 Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 AM

What a sweetie - nah, she doesn't look big - nicely filled out, but not the 3 month old baby my mom swears I was when I was delivered at 9lbs 2oz. Congrats!
#11 of 11 Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 PM

Congrats! What a cutie!

Enjoy your new angel!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page