Niklas Aaron is here - pics and story - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He's 8 days old now and I can't believe how lucky I am. He is the most adorable baby I could ever imagine. Up until I finally held him in my arms I was a bit scared if I would bond with him like I did with my two other boys - he wasn't planned and I kinda feared I would love him less. No way, he stole my heart within a split second and I cannot imagine my life without him. He is the best baby - super nurser, sleeps a lot (esp during night - gives me 3 and 4 hr stretches already - my other two took two years to get to that point and he is such a cuddly cute little guy I could just stare at him 24/7.
Anyhoo, this is how it went:
I started having contractions again at night on the 4th of Nov around 2am. As before I thought they were the real thing and got excited until they tapered off after I took a shower around 4am. I had some bloody show but that was it. Disappointed I went back to bed. When I woke up I had some cramping and more bloody show but still no contractions. I was furious, I was only 40 wks and 5 days but impatient as I could be. I dragged my kids and husband to the park and started walking. At home I kept busy making the kids lunch and picked up around the house. Around 4pm the contractions started up again with more bloody show and when they got intense enough that I had to breathe thru them I finally realized that I really might have a baby soon. For some reason that gave me the creeps, I started getting really nervous, snapped at my husband and had zero patience with my boys anymore. I was not a happy camper and finally my poor dh send me upstairs for a "timeout". I had a bit of a nervous breakdown there, laying in bed sobbing and feeling miserable. The contractions were still not in a good pattern, anything from 5 to 20 minutes apart and I was so frustrated and scared. When I finally got myself back together around 6pm I decided to call my midwife. I found out that my favorite midwife was on call and boy, did that turn my mood around. it was as if any fear and blockage I had in my mind was gone. I almost cried I was so happy to hear her voice on the phone when she calmed me down and asked me to come in. At that point the contractions were strong enough to make me drop on all fours and work hard to get thru them. So we called the sitter and were on our way to the hospital. Funny thing was that as soon as I was off the phone with my midwife the contractions started coming every 5 minutes. We arrived at the hospital shortly after 7pm. I got on the ball and they hooked me up to the monitors. At that point the contractions got much milder, easier to breathe thru although still 5 mins apart. I began to doubt myself again and got scared they'd send me home, I wouldn't be able to birth a baby with such mild surges. My mw suggested a bath and I went for it mainly out of boredom. It felt like heaven, I kept having contractions and they got a bit stronger again. the atmosphere was totally relaxing and I joked to dh how I was sorry that this labor was so undramatic as he seemed to wanna fall asleep sitting on the edge of the tub. It was around 8:45 that for some reason I felt I needed to get out of the tub now. As soon as I got out of the water I was hit with one contraction on top of another. Now I had to moan loudly. I quickly went to lie down on the bed and asked the midwife to check me. Sure enough I was at 10 cm and she asked if I want to push or wait. I only had to wait another minute and felt the urge to push. At that point I must have freaked out because I remember yelling:" Out! Out! Get him out!" but in my mind I felt like I wanted to get up and go home. I was not ready for this baby, I feel a bit ashamed to say I thought I don't want another child, how am I gonna do this? But the urge to push was there and I went along with it. My mw suggested breaking the water but I declined and a push later I felt the warm gush of water. Somehow that brought me back into the real world. I was still moaning and calling:"OUT!OUT!OUT!" But I was calmer and was a bit thankful for a break when they announced the head was out but stop pushing, he's got the cord around his neck. I waited til they gave me the ok and with one more push my beautiful baby was born. I was almost hysterical when I saw his face and kept laughing and crying:"Look how cute he is, omg, I can't believe how cute he is..." I was so happy, full force of hormones kicking in!
He was born at 9:06pm on Nov 4th, one of the happiest days in my life. I am a bit annoyed with myself for having negative feelings about the labor during that day, for not allowing my body to do its job. I kept whining how I want to have this baby and I don't want to be pregnant anymore but realize now that deep inside I was scared as heck to have another child and doubted whether or not I would be able to love him enough since he was such a surprise.
But I will get over that part and focus on how easy it was to have him. How easy the whole pregnancy was and how little the labor and birth hurt compared to me other two.
And I am thrilled to say that I didn't tear and am healing beautifully, I'm even horny already

Here's some pics of my little boy, Niklas Aaron. He weighed 8lbs 9oz, a pound heavier than I guessed, and was 20.5 " long.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AaNGzJszbtmKw
#2 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

What a sweetie! Congratulations!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#3 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 05:27 PM

Congrats! He's adorable.

Btw, I felt the exact same way about Sydney -- she was planned, but after a while I started thinking, "What am I DOING? I am going to have 4 kids under 5yo!" and worrying that I wouldn't bond with her the way I did my other three. However from the minute she was born I loved her to pieces. Just after she was born, I kept saying, "I'm SO GLAD to finally meet you! You're so precious! I'm so happy to see you!"

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#4 of 8 Old 11-12-2007, 07:58 PM

what a cutey, congratulations
#5 of 8 Old 11-13-2007, 02:43 AM

Congratulations Mittendrin! Welcome Niklas!

I posted in announcements. Enjoy your little guy!
#6 of 8 Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congratulations!
#7 of 8 Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Congrats! Welcome Niklas!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#8 of 8 Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 AM

so glad to hear how in love you are! enjoy your babymoon! Love the name, too...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page