PP sex - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let's hear it ladies: How was it, when did you try the first time after having your beautiful baby?
I have just stopped bleeding yesterday, am 11 days pp and this is the first time after a pregnancy that I am in the mood right away. Took me a lot longer with the other two and I didn't have sex before 3 wks pp.
I want some couple time with dh on the weekend, I can't wait. I didn't tear and feel fine overall (except for being down about my flabby out-of-shape body.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Mwahahahahaha!

Sorry for laughing, it's just that I am still bleeding 4 weeks later, still have stitches and an unhealed tear, so at this rate it will be probably as long as last time, which was like 3 mos until I healed, and even then... :P

Enjoy!
#3 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 01:54 PM

i'm so ready at 3 1/2 weeks but alas I started bleeding again.:
#4 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM

Yeah, I'm actually ready, at 3.5 wks, but still bleeding and, to be honest, even I don't like seeing me naked right now, I really am not sure I want to show myself off to my husband. Not to mention the fact that, between having Ellen in bed with us, having a three year old, and dh's crazy work and school schedule, I am not sure when it would actually happen...:

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#5 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM

I am still bleeding lightly but am starting to think about it. Did anyone else have a labia tear? I am more worried about that then the bleeding.

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#6 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
I am still bleeding lightly but am starting to think about it. Did anyone else have a labia tear? I am more worried about that then the bleeding.
No more bleeding for me, but I also had a small labia tear. I don't think Im worried about that any longer...Im pretty sure its all healed up. But DH thinks that 6 weeks is a rule...so we probably wont do anything for 3 more weeks, which TBH is just fine with me. Im not feeling extraordinarily sexy right now! LOL!

Seena, Attached Mommy to Jenna (4.5) and Skye (2), mourning my twin angels (M/C 12/09), hoping for a miracle and counting down the days until DH deploys to Afghanistan.
#7 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM

My bleeding has stopped, and I really want to - for the closeness factor - but I just don't feel 'right' down there yet. My tear is healed, it never really hurt to begin with, but everything is like... overly sensitive? or something... feels like the furniture got rearranged.

I think if we tried it wouldn't feel good and then I wouldn't want to try again, if that makes sense. I'm going to wait a bit longer...

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#8 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 06:10 PM

The first time was 5 1/2 weeks pp. And it was great. I was happy, because with Thomas is took much longer for me to feel comfy, both physically and emotionally.

Since then though, we are back to using condoms (don't want ANY surprises!) and it's very uncomfortable around my tear. The latex doesn't agree with me. Still have to make an appt about an IUD. I'm chicken!

Anyway, this might sound awful, but I have a deal with DH. He helps with the baby at night; therefore, I put out on a more regular basis. It's working out juuuuust fine.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#9 of 38 Old 11-15-2007, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygones75 View Post
Anyway, this might sound awful, but I have a deal with DH. He helps with the baby at night; therefore, I put out on a more regular basis. It's working out juuuuust fine.

nak

sounds like a good deal!!!!!
i think that's why i want some - when i hug dh i am amazed how i missed being close to him w/o having a person between us.
#10 of 38 Old 11-17-2007, 12:58 AM

We've done it twice, with condoms. Getting my IUD on December 20.

Although it's nice not to have the giant belly, the leftover skin isn't so pretty...

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#11 of 38 Old 11-17-2007, 01:25 PM

You all are crazy! OR maybe there is something wrong with me.

DH is scheduled for the snipping in Feb...maybe we will wait until then.
#12 of 38 Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Well, had a tear on both sides, one needed stitches and one didn't. The side with stitches is already quite healed but the other side is a little sore still. I must say that for me, it's the gap in my pubic bone that makes me a little iffy... it's so sore just moving around

And yes, I'm already thinking about it, but I'm gonna wait a bit still

Mama to 5 boys, F (13), J(11), R&X (8), L (2) and growing baby 6 due in Feb 11!!
#13 of 38 Old 11-17-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgarden View Post

I'm right there with you. I'm still bleeding and healing from stitches.
#14 of 38 Old 11-18-2007, 02:41 AM

I did it this afternoon for the first time since I gave birth. Laynie was born 3.5 weeks ago. I hemmoraged and had a 2nd degree tear. I am all healed except for a slight pain when I pee. The sex was great and I was even able to orgasm, I was surprised at that. I have been taking bc since I left the hospital.

**Jessica:Mommy to Laynie Claire 10/22/2007 and Ryan Wesson 8/14/2009: Loving my Marine Colt**
#15 of 38 Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimswamswum View Post
I'm right there with you. I'm still bleeding and healing from stitches.
Hmmm...I don't have those excuses though...no tears and my bleeding is pretty much gone...we did snuggle tonight, that was the first time since DD was born...I guess that is progress.
#16 of 38 Old 11-18-2007, 04:24 AM

I had a cesarean and I was pretty scared the first time we did it that something would be prolapsed or that it would hurt when I orgasmed, but it went well (and quick ). I just LOVE postpartum sex, everything's all engorged and the hormones are flowing and I feel all full of oxytocin all the time... *ahhhh*... and it's nice to have sex for the first time in months and not need lube, jeez. TMI? hehe

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#17 of 38 Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:

My dh keeps threatening this! We haven't scheduled his, but it won't be till after the first of the year for sure, plus recovery, and the after testing. And he keeps saying maybe we should wait, to be SURE we don't get pregnant

Of course,with him working evenings, nights, and 7 days a week right now, it's not like we could anyways, but I'd like to. I'm 3 weeks pp, still occasionally spotting, but otherwise would like to. And its so nice to hear others with flabby skin. I didn't have that problem with my other kids, now I feel very wiggly and am not impressed about that lol
#18 of 38 Old 11-19-2007, 07:20 PM

DH keeps asking about sex (usually at 2am, when the kids are finally both asleep and I'm ready to collapse and when I'm not exhausted, I'm willing, but... I keep bleeding very small amounts (like probably 1 maxi pad worth per 24 hours I'd guess--obviously I change 'em more often than that though!).

Is it safe to dtd? What about swimming in pools and such? I figured I'd wait on both those things until after my midwife appt. next week. LOL! I don't mean sex in a pool, though it sounds like that huh? I mean two separate things. We're going to be in a hotel this weekend and dd will want me to take her into the indoor pool. Wondering if it's safe too if indeed sex is now safe.

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#19 of 38 Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's Mum View Post
Mwahahahahaha!

Sorry for laughing, it's just that I am still bleeding 4 weeks later, still have stitches and an unhealed tear, so at this rate it will be probably as long as last time, which was like 3 mos until I healed, and even then... :P

Enjoy!
: Me, too. I'm still bleeding and my tear doesn't seem to want to fully heal either. I want to, but I don't want the pain. Last time it was 3 weeks...this time, maybe never.: Boy do I miss it though!!!!

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#20 of 38 Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
Although it's nice not to have the giant belly, the leftover skin isn't so pretty...
I'm so right there with you!! And the stretch marks?? I can almost hear creepy horror flick music whenever they get exposed.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#21 of 38 Old 11-19-2007, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

So since we finally seem to have a baby who sleeps and doesn't need me to nurse him 3 hrs before he gives me a 30 minute stretch of sleep we had the chance to dtd last night. I really needed to feel close to dh again and enjoyed it. It hurt afterwards, next time we'll lube, lube, lube...
#22 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 04:30 AM

Quote:

i am so with you on this! i must just take a really long time to recover, but the thought right now makes me wince so i'll have to continue with our alternative means of a happy ending for dh. i can't let him talk about getting snipped just yet though....i'd be up for a surprise, but not him....
#23 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 03:05 PM

I'm ready and he's ready!

The midwife midwife said wait 6 wks, but is that just the old rule and not necessarily true? I'd love to DTD, just for the closeness (I miss my DP!), but was waiting because of the 6 wk rule. I had a 2nd degree tear w/ stitches, but it seems heeled, and my bleeding is down to just spotting. whaddaya think? Good to go?!?
#24 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

GO GIRL!!!!!!
#25 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 04:11 PM

I wish I was in the same boat as those of you who are feeling healed already. I had Elena 2.5 weeks ago and had a 2nd degree perineal tear and a tear going the other direction. Although things are clearly healing, my perineum is still reeeaallyy sore. I can't imagine being ready to go before 6 wks. Things also just feel kind of "heavy" and weird down there - I am upping the number of Kegels I'm doing daily and hoping that this is temporary while I regain pelvic floor tone. This sucks. i'm really scared of having long term sexual issues b/c of this. can anyone reassure me?
#26 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisbee View Post
Things also just feel kind of "heavy" and weird down there
I felt that way at 2 weeks PP too... it just sort of disappeared in the last week or so. We still haven't DTD, but I did go for a 'practice' run to make sure everything was working properly.

(it was)

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#27 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I felt that way at 2 weeks PP too... it just sort of disappeared in the last week or so. We still haven't DTD, but I did go for a 'practice' run to make sure everything was working properly.

(it was)
Whew!
#28 of 38 Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 PM

we had sex at 9 days pp and it felt goooood. lol
#29 of 38 Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 PM

we did it last night - no pain although I did feel chafed afterwards, I forgot about the whole nursing/lube issue. it was good though

#30 of 38 Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 AM

Ssssshhh don't tell DH that the other Oct 07 DDC mommies are already DTD.

I have no interest at all

My DH ... well he's always ready

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page