Pretty sure I started my period today. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-18-2007, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not even upset about it, either. I honestly like getting my periods because then I can know my fertile/infertile times and chart a little more accurately than when LAM. With my first son I was without a period for 9mo pp, and with my second son it took 15 months for my period to return. I guess this is my body's payback.

I only stopped getting lochia about a week and a half ago! Thank god we got a good couple of rounds of lovin' in before this happened. The reason I think it's my period is because the lochia was pinkish/yellowish, and this is the typical dark red/brown blood of the first day of my period.

Dangit. LOL Oh well, at least now I can start charting again.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#2 of 17 Old 11-18-2007, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Yep. My period is here! I think I'm happy?

#3 of 17 Old 11-19-2007, 01:15 AM

Wow, your dramatic variations have me a weeeee bit worried. Last time it didn't come back until 18ish months and I figured I had a good chunk of time...

Oh well, I have my IUD placed tomorrow. I'm a touch sad but am excited too, as I plan to chart when the cycles do return and plan the next one, just without having to worry about "accidentally" catching that first egg.

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#4 of 17 Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 AM

I'm trying to figure out if I started mine too. I haven't bled for about a week and I'm 5 1/2 weeks pp. We DTD Friday night and I'm bleeding again. I'm so hoping it had something to do with DTD b/c I have PCOS and my periods are brutal. I'm trying to keep them away as long as possible!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#5 of 17 Old 11-19-2007, 02:49 AM

Ok, thought I was going to be the only one....

I have been cramping/crampy feeling for two days now, and it is getting worse. Along with lower back ache. And stabbing pains where my ovaries normally would be (This is how I could always tell I was getting ready to ovulate, have had this ever since DS1 was born). Also, my boobs just don't feel as full...and DD2 has been nursing more frequently the last couple of days.

I am also having some spotty bleeding with red/orangish red blood...

This crampy feeling is making me wonder how bad my cramps are going to be after this stupid c/s. I had them horrible before, to the point of worshiping the procelin goddess and curled in bed for the first 24 hours. Then after DS1 was born, they were very comfortable...and now I am starting to feel like I used to get before DS1 was born. *sigh*

And I am only 4 1/2 weeks pp. I am also exclusively nursing, with no paci or bottles or artificial nipples. I nurse on demand 24/7.

For me, I keep getting mine back earlier and earlier after each pregnancy..
DS1 - 9 1/2 months
MC - resumed normal immediately
DS2 - 5 1/2 months
DD1 (stllbirth but nursing DS2 still and pumping to donate) - 2 1/2 months (to 2 2/3 months)
#6 of 17 Old 11-19-2007, 12:59 PM

I have NO idea what's going on with me. I bled for a week after the placement of my IUD ( was that a period? Side effects?) and now ten days later having what I will call heavy spotting. I'm 8.5 weeks postpartum and exclusively bf.
WTH?
#7 of 17 Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Mine has stopped again! WOOHOO!! Hoping it stays away! I do NOT want my period back!!!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#8 of 17 Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 PM

O gosh, please don't let me have my period anytime soon, please! I hate it! HATE IT!!!!!
With ds1 it came back at 6 wks pp, but it was a shaky nursing relationship. Ds2 nursed plenty and I didn't have it for almost 13 months. Would be sooo nice if it stayed away for a looong time. Ever since I quit taking the pill it's so painful and heavy!
#9 of 17 Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Mine has stopped again! WOOHOO!! Hoping it stays away! I do NOT want my period back!!!!!
Ditto Stayseeliz right now...

I am so not sure what to think of this...

*LOL*

I never really had this before....

With the last pregnancy, I would pass a clot at this point and have some bleeding for a few hours from that. I would go days between episodes of clot passing though for about 6 weeks...

But I looked and didn't see anything in the potty....

Melissa S.
#10 of 17 Old 11-20-2007, 02:42 PM

i got mine already too.

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#11 of 17 Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM

I actually wish I would get mine so I could start charting and know when I am fertile. LAM doesn't work for me (DS#1 and DS#2 are 13.5 months apart.....nursed on demand, no bottles, no paci...). If Sarah had been born another VBAC I wouldn't be as concerned but after a c-section I really want to wait before getting pg again, if at all. Since I don't really believe in other means of birth control except for NFP I'm a little stressed about this right now.
#12 of 17 Old 11-20-2007, 04:53 PM

With this baby and the last my bleeding would start and stop till about 7 weeks ppd. I didn't get my real period back till 22months after ds1 was born.
#13 of 17 Old 11-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiemommie View Post
With this baby and the last my bleeding would start and stop till about 7 weeks ppd. I didn't get my real period back till 22months after ds1 was born.
That is awesome!! Any tips for keeping it at bay so long? I'm nursing on demand and will continue to do so!! I really want to avoid it as long as possible!!

#14 of 17 Old 11-20-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
That is awesome!! Any tips for keeping it at bay so long? I'm nursing on demand and will continue to do so!! I really want to avoid it as long as possible!!
Nope just nursing and never supplementing/bottles/pacis/pumping. DS also didn't really get into solids till....uh... well he still would rather nurse
#15 of 17 Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

We didn't intend to do a paci but a week in the nursery will change your mind about a few things. I think the reason my period has returned already is mainly because Eidie nurses about every 3-4 hours.

#16 of 17 Old 11-26-2007, 03:05 PM

With my first af came back when she was 6 months old because she started sleeping long stretches at night. With ds I didn't get it back until he was 2.5 years old. He didn't start solids until 13 months and I swear he nursed more as a toddler than he did as a newborn. I'm hoping af stays away for a long time again.

Noelia- mama to 4
#17 of 17 Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 PM

My period has also returned, and I, too, think it's because William's only nursing every few hours or so. No paci's, bottles, or pumping, though.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page