Oct ddc post-partum roll call! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 64 Old 11-28-2007, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Heather

Baby's bday and age now: Born 9/27 - he's 2 months old!!

How are things going with baby: He's doing really well. Snoozing away right now in the pouch. He is generally a very laid back and happy baby. He smiles a TON and laughs and coos. So stinkin' cute!! He will look at us and you can see when he catches a face he recognizes. He'll light up and grin so big! He especially loves Daddy, but even did his sweet cooing and smiles for my MIL, whom he'd never met. His brothers are still all over him if they can be. My 3yo has gone back to saying, "This is MY baby," which he used to say before Judah was born. He also talks about what it was like before Judah came out. So I think he's really reconciling the two time periods (even I have trouble doing that!!). Biggest brother is a good helper (at least most of the time!) and wants to hold and carry and change the baby all the time.

Judah was super spitty for a while but it somewhat better now. I think the chiro adjustments are really helping. We haven't been in a couple of weeks, though, with the holiday, and need to go back - for both of us! He gets fussy inexplicably at times, but we're realizing that's generally a sleepy cue. He doesn't fall asleep unassisted as much as he did in the early days (rats!!), but may fall asleep at the breast, in the pouch/wrap/sling, in the swing, or in the car. He does really well in the car now and hardly cries at all. In fact, we've ended up using the pacifiers more at home than in the car. Daddy can get him to sleep with the pacifier, and sometimes even without - yay!

I just weighed him (with me) and in theory he's still only about 10lbs. His thighs have suddenly gotten chunkier and I had to change what snaps I'm using on his XS FBs tonight! He can wear some 3-6mo clothes, but I'm trying to get all the use I can out of our 0-3 first! I was able to put him in a Hanna size 60 that matched the big boys' shirts on Thanksgiving, though, so that was cool. I just wish he'd stay about like this forever, though! So sweet and cute and interactive and alert and wonderful! Why do they have to grow?!

How are things going with YOU: In general, things are going well. Physically, the recovery from birth was very quick. Though we took a long walk the other day and my pelvis still is out of whack! But back to the chiro I go. I've been taking all 3 out by myself regularly, and it goes pretty well. I love wearing Judah so that it really only feels like I have my older 2 to deal with! I'm exhausted all the time, though, in part because I end up staying up really late. It's hard to sleep when there's so much to get done, and my brain doesn't shut down. I could actually fall asleep really early in the evening, but it never seems I have that luxury. There are times, though, especially when he's nursing, that I get really drowsy around 7 or 8! I'm trying to find a way to balance life, especially with 3 kids. So much to get done (including homeschooling the oldest! , and so little time, it seems! I want to be able to do it all while not ignoring any one of my kids or any of my many responsibilities, commitments, and interests. Ah, yeah, we'll see if THAT happens... So, really, it's a matter of choosing which things I'll ignore - or put off for a while - and making time for the stuff that matters most.

What are you doing for the holidays? We've been home for Christmas every year that we've had kids (with the possible exception of one year, maybe?). First Christmases are the most important to me, and we'll definitely be spending Judah's first here. We have my family (who live nearby) over for Christmas morning, and really all through the day. We'll have dinner here with other friends, as well. After Christmas, though, comes the crazy part: DH and I will take the three kids to visit his dad and FIL's side of the family in NM - by train. I've never travelled by train, so I'm both terrified and excited by the prospect! I just booked the tickets today, so I'm now dealing with the "ohmygoodness, it's really happening, and we're really going, and I'm really spending 20hrs in Coach Class with my 3 kids!" Oh, and we'll be gone over my birthday, too. Again. DH did point this out more clearly to his dad, though, so hopefully we won't have a repeat of 2 years ago, when NO ONE in the family (other than DH and DS) remembered. DS (3 at the time) mentioned it at dinner, and they were very sweet and pulled out a leftover cake, etc., and tried to make a little celebration. But it's a bummer to be away from home AND forgotten on your birthday! Oh, DH promises me a nice party when we come back, too.

Post pics, if you want:
Pics from 2 to 6 weeks
Judah and Mama at 6 weeks
Judah from 7 to 8 weeks (i.e, current)

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 64 Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Victoria

Baby's bday and age now: 10/26/07 4 1/2 weeks

How are things going with baby: GREAT!! He's perfect in every way!!! He's a little guy and dh and I fight over who gets to wear him. He sleeps most of the day and is working on sleeping at night. He is stretching out to almost 3 hours between feedings at night. Markus is getting chunky but we are still in nb diapers. I have this fantasy about have a small baby for a while. His poor little digestive system - oy! I feel so sorry for him as everything is developing. He's on formula but doing much better then his brother did. He's a bit of a lazy eater and grazes a lot. He came out sucking and did great. I was thinking we woule have better luck on the breast but it took 4 1/2 days for my milk to come in and then it really is just not enough just like last time. He's happy and it's all working out.

How are things going with YOU: PHENOMENAL!!! I was out and about in a week, in pre-pregnancy jeans in 10 days and we have been out and about ever since. Markus still sleeps most of the day so he does it in the baby bjorn while we keep moving. I didn't gain much weight this pregnancy so things moved around quite a bit. I lost a lot of upper body weight. After all the swelling went down even my one nice fitted A cup was way too big. I was trying to pump and at that point I had to stand up to get any suction. I dealt with the disappointment and guilt with DS 1 about breast feeding so I didn't let it bother me this time. I have healthy boys, they are fine with formula and I can love them in every other way. I had my post partum visit today and my OB always makes me feel GREAT!! Getting ready to update the equipment for the 21st century. I'm getting my bladder fixed!!! You have no idea how excited I am about that. DS 1 really did a number on my whole system and every time I cough or run with the dog I leak, or if I get a bad cough I just pee all over the place so I'm getting it fixed!!!! I can't wait to do some high impact exercise again. It's been over 3 years! I was just getting back to low impact exercise before I got pregnant again. I think I'm going to get my tubes tied at the same time. I'm getting thermal ablation done to get rid of the really horrible cramps and bleeding I had after DS #1 was born. I can't even use tampons he stretched me out so much. I was doing OK half the time with a Diva cup but I'm ready to just kiss it all goodbye. I turn 40 next month and it's my no b.s. decade. If there is a problem I'm just going to fix it. I really trust my OB so I feel great about the whole thing. I've been reading up on all the procedures and couldn't wait til today to talk to him about it. He was like - yeah, let's schedule it now. I have to find out how much getting my tubes tied costs, the rest is covered by insurance. I think we will get it done after the first of the year when dh can get some time off. Such relief!

I love being the mom of 2. I guess it's because I'm a multi-tasker. DS 1 was always quite independent and didn't like to interact much. He just started talking a few months before his 3rd birthday so it was like I always had to be there with him but he didn't want me to play with him. It was frustrating and downright boring. We are having a great time now and it's wonderful to witness how much he's learned. All well thought out video's he watched are paying off. We just started a co-op preschool I'm psyked about. He's so cool afterwards when he comes home to play with what he's learned. I've already made another mom friend and her son is Lukas's best friend and we've already had a play date. We are going to be classroom mom's on the same day this month too. COOL!

We've come such a long way since the beginning of this pregnancy when I was trying to find a doctor in Oklahoma, DH almost loosing his job, quitting without a job and then finally landing here in INDY where we have never been happier. DH has finally found the career position that he LOVES. Our family is complete and we are just so happy!!! I'm so greatful and so blessed.

what are you doing for the holidays: DH will be working but he'll bring home food. The food he brough home for Thanksgiving was awesome. (he's a chef) We'll just hang out and celebrate when DH is home. We bought ds a kitchen that I KNOW is going to go over so well. We're in a small rental so we don't want to do too much. He really wants geotrax but I think we are going to pass on that due to space and how much stuff we'd have to buy for it to be fun at this point. He has like 5 other train sets that are in storage because of space. He has his thomas trains and that's it for now. I'm just going to hang out, be grateful, eat stollen and smile!
#33 of 64 Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 PM

Name: Bonnie
baby's bday and age now: Willy was born 10/17 and is 6 weeks old today. I can't believe that at all!
how are things going with baby: He is a wonderful baby, very easy going (except in the car). He likes to nurse a lot, and be held! He seems to have some gas/reflux problems I think. Today he projectile vomited his entire stomach contents in my face, nice right! He loves riding in the fleece pouch and totally digs the Mei Tei!
how are things going with YOU: Pretty good. I am wanting to get more exercise, but don't have much opportunity other than stuff here at home. It is getting so cold here.
what are you doing for the holidays? We drive all over creation for DH's family and mine. It is fun, I love the holidays!

I am not on the computer with pics right now, so no pics at the moment!
#34 of 64 Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 AM

Name: Ange

how are things going with baby: Kyla born 8 Oct now 7.5 weeks old. Almost a week ago she weighed 8lbs 8oz so she is very small compared to my DS at the same age and the other babies in my Playgroup. She is a sensitive baby who seems to have definite likes and dislikes. She used to sleep constantly but as at 6 weeks just suddenly "woke up". She sleeps huge chunks during the day and night and then has a mega awake period for 3-6 hours during the day. The CHN and some other places I called for help seem to think it may be caused by the 6 week growth spurt. I'm not necessarily convinced. She is tired at the end of the 6 hours and wants to sleep but can't. Other than that she is a treasure who farts and poos constantly

how are things going with YOU: I'm sleep deprived and grumpy as a result at times but well . I think the spotting has stopped. I'm a bit wary of telling my DH because its like I stopped being pregnant and he's SOOOOO horny (which he wasn't like that when I had DS) and I'm simply not interested (which is no different to when I had DS ). I don't really want to share my body with another person right now . We were only planning to have two children but because of the suddeness of Kyla's birth I wasn't ready to have her yet and am yearning to be pregnant still. Not only that I am loving my DD's newborn phase so much! I was so caught up in not knowing what I was doing and dealing with a reflux DS that I didn't enjoy his newborn phase as much. I think being a relaxed second time mother also helps. So now I am thinking of having another baby but $$ will probably stop us. It took me 5 weeks before I comfortably started driving again and doing some housework and 6 weeks before I picked up my 36lbs son. The c/s site is still a bit uncomfortable sometimes.

what are you doing for the holidays? The only holidays coming up here is the Christmas holidays because we don't have Thanksgiving here. However it was my DH's birthday yesterday and my sister's birthday today so we gathered at my mother's and had a big family feast. Hope Thanksgiving was great for all of you USA mommies
#35 of 64 Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 AM

Heather-

Iain is so sweet with that gorgeous hair! And I love love love those 6 week pictures! He's monster, he's huge. I have a hard time believing my 7 lb baby came out of my body, I can't imagine how I could have given birth to a baby that came out at 10 lbs!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#36 of 64 Old 11-29-2007, 12:52 AM

Name: Nicie
baby's bday and age now: Anaiah is now 7 1/2 weeks old. She was born Oct 6th.
how are things going with baby: So far so good...nursing is finally easy and she's basically only waking me up once or twice throughout the night to nurse. She goes to bed around midnight, wakes me up at 3 am and doesn't wake me back up until around 6 ish. For two weeks now she's been taking an occasional bottle and a pacifier and all is well.
how are things going with YOU: Really good. We are in the process of refinancing our ARM mortgage on our house. We got approved at a great rate today!
what are you doing for the holidays? We are going to my hometown (Louisville, KY) for Christmas; we went to Dh's (Bolivar, TN-nowhere, TN basically) for Thanksgiving.
Post pics, if you want!
Anaiah at 7 weeks
Anaiah 7 wks
in the tub

Ph.D. Mama to Anaiah born 10/06/07 and Mathias born 11/14/09 and Wife to my cocoa puff DH.
My Cup Runs Over Daily!

www.becomingamommy.com

#37 of 64 Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM

Name: blucactus
baby's bday and age now: He was born Sept 20, so he's 10 weeks now :
how are things going with baby: Good. He is so sweet and growing so fast. He's up to 11 pounds something (from birthweight of 7.5). He seems to be dairy intolerant so I have been eating an almost-vegan diet since 2 weeks pp. He loves his Mei Tai and his Moby and LOVES his bath, he's like a little baby fish in there. He loves watching big brother, is full of smiles and laughing outloud--he is sleeping with us...he doesn't like being put down or left alone...He is pretty attached to me and not a huge fan of other people holding him yet, though he has his friendly moments...he likes to be either nursed to sleep or else a routein of putting a blanket on his head and something in his mouth (paci or finger) and bouncing. He wants to be in motion all the time! (I broke some of the springs on the couch when he was younger with all the bouncing....HAHA...now we have an exercise ball and a trampoline in the living room)...he is outgrowing his clothes and is in 3-6 mo sizes already...we are anxiously awaiting a package of new diaper covers as he's outgrown his x small ME covers and x-small fitteds already and we're having to make do till his bigger covers come...his hair started falling out and now he has a silly hairline like an old man He's got a fairly predicatable schedule going on that he made up--he is no longer eating 24-7 so that little break is nice---the BLAH side of things is that he has a inguinal hernia that needs surgery, which is scheduled next week and I am worried sick about it. : He screams bloody murder in the car, which is a bummer esp with his hernia & he shouldn't be screaming. We've been trying to limit car rides, I will be glad when he outgrows the car screaming.
how are things going with YOU: I am good (besides worrying about babe's surgery!). My body feels good, essp when I get enough sleep. I have lost all my baby weight but appear to be in between sizes on the bottom and have no non-maternity shirts that fit my nursing boobs, so I have been looking kinda sloppy, oy. I am feeling like I'm just starting to get into a groove with taking care of two. Some days I feel like I'm going crazy and other days like "I think I can do this!" The hardest part for me is how hard it is when both boys need me at the same time. I am taking prenatal vits still, a probiotic, vit c, and fish oil. I love fish oil. Nursing is okay, some weeks it's great and some weeks there are days in a row where it hurts because Mr Baby is having a lazy latch. I have actually taken both boys out of the house by myself a handful of times, but it's like an all day project still to do that!
what are you doing for the holidays? DH and I have all of both sides of our family in the area, so we spend every single holiday with both sides, it's a little crazy!
Post pics, if you want! YAY sure I will!
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/DSC00029.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...n/DSC09867.jpg
this last one's a few weeks older, but it's so sweet I couldn't resist.
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...ern/sleep9.jpg
#38 of 64 Old 11-30-2007, 10:25 PM

Okay, I also just have to say, everyone's babies are so cute! Hehe I love looking at all the little (Sept) October (Nov) babes!
#39 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Name: Veronica
baby's bday and age now: Vaughn was born 10/13. He's 7 weeks old.

how are things going with baby: Beautifully. He's an easy baby. I don't know how I got so lucky. Now, if I could just convince dh that he's easy...

how are things going with YOU: Alright. I'm ready to start being more normal. I had a c/s with an infection, so I'm finally feeling back to normal, physically. Mentally, I'm really good.

what are you doing for the holidays? Putting up a tree! I bought one of those "baby's first Christmas ornaments," and I'm excited about seeing it!

This is my little monkey:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...is/6weeks1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...is/6weeks2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...is/6weeks3.jpg
#40 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 06:54 PM

Hope I can still post here sorry if this brings anyone down i just want to feel connected
Name: Candy Apple
baby's bday and age now:
October 22, 2007 in heaven
how are things going with YOU:
I'm taking it one breath at a time
what are you doing for the holidays?
idk to far ahead to think about
#41 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapplez View Post
Hope I can still post here sorry if this brings anyone down i just want to feel connected
baby's bday and age now:
So glad you posted... Please do stay here and stay connected as much as you're up to!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#42 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 07:46 PM

Candy, I think of you every day... and will continue to pray for you. I'm glad you posted. We all keep Bryce in our hearts.

love,

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#43 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
baby's bday and age now:
Candy, please please continue to post here! I know you are on all of our minds all of the time, and I think I can safely say we all want to keep hearing from you.

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#44 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Name: Dena

baby's bday and age now: Ellen's was October 22, 2007, she is six weeks old. I don't know how old the two girls would be if Amalie had lived.

how are things going with baby: Great. She is a healthy, happy girl. She weighs 9.5 lbs now - up three lbs over her birth weight! No wonder the "girls" are sore some nights. She is a sweet, mellow baby who sleeps. I had been told they existed, but after Sofie, just thought it was an urban legend. She just started social smiling, and can't seem to smile at us enough. She has the cutest dimple in her right cheek. Awww....

how are things going with YOU: Ok. Some days are better than others. I still miss Amalie with all my heart and can't help but think about how things would have been had she lived. Other than that, things are great. Ellen is amazing, and I just love having time to spend with both my girls. I am not dealing with the severe ppd/ptsd that I had with Sofie, which is such a relief.

what are you doing for the holidays? Not leaving my house! Seriously, there is a good chance dh will have to work all day xmas eve - not counting on anything right now, basically the billing is all messed up at his work, thanks to salespeople who are not doing things right, but the accounting dept is getting blamed. Fun. Sooo... I asked the grands to come by Christmas afternoon for a light lunch buffet and to see the girls. Then we will have a quiet dinner just the four of us Christmas night. (Just the four of us - I LOVE saying that!!

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
#45 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Blucactus - thinking of your little one and hoping the surgery goes smoothly and perfectly.

#46 of 64 Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Candy, you are one of us. We would love for you to keep on posting with us would love and hear from you.
#47 of 64 Old 12-05-2007, 02:49 AM

Name: Jamie

baby's bday and age now: 10/3 Daniel was 2 mo old yesterday

how are things going with baby: He is a pretty calm soul, only gets upset when it is totally justifiable We (dh, me and baby) had a mild case of Whooping Cough that is just now starting to subside (has been 6 wks since the onset of symptoms), the chronic (hourly) coughing caused Daniel to reflux so he is now on meds for that and is doing so so much better now that the acid isn't coming up every time he coughs - amazingly better in fact! He loves his sisters and they love him - a bit too much at times but oh well

how are things going with YOU: I went back to work FT last Monday so I am now sleep deprived AND busy busy busy : I had the mirena IUD put in at my 6wk check up and have only had a slight bit of spotting I have successfully pumped (breastfeeding) for 7 days now which is a feat since I work out in the "field" about 20 hrs a week so I am pumping while sitting in my car at least twice a day - glad the weather is cool right now as I have to cover up while I get adjusted properly each time - hopefully by spring when the weather warms up I will have this totally down to a science and it won't be nearly the hassle - lol - or else I will just sit in my car with the a/c running for 15 min while I pump -

what are you doing for the holidays? our college aged son is coming home for a week!! woo hoo - I/we really miss him and so do his siblings

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...07/misc040.jpg
#48 of 64 Old 12-05-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Candy, please please continue to post here! I know you are on all of our minds all of the time, and I think I can safely say we all want to keep hearing from you.
: absolutely

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#49 of 64 Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM

baby's bday and age - Oct 16, now 7 weeks

how's baby - great! she now weighs 8lbs (she was a sweet little 5 1/2 lbs at birth). Smiling on occasion, cooing, alert and filling out beautifully. She also slept 7 hours last night!!!! (usually it's 4 hrs!)

how am I - much better now that my nipples are FINALLY feeling decent. What a saga. . . Also back into my pre-preg jeans and 1.5 lbs over the weight - but I figure with the HUGE-ness of my breasts, it doesn't count, right? Lots of energy, getting out lots in the snow - love love love my ring sling and kozy carrier! Thinking about sex, and subsequently about birth control. . . hmmm
I read my labour/birth notes that my midwife photocopied for me last night and they made me cry - quite unexpected - I guess it was just re-living the whole long, often distressing ordeal (although with a wonderfully happy outcome of a homebirth into my arms)

holidays - travelling to family - but only a few hours away and dd loves the train/bus/car - hurray!

pics - http://www.durafemina.blogspot.com

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy
#50 of 64 Old 12-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I also completely agree. You're never far from our hearts and prayers....please do keep in touch. I worry so much about you; I hope you know we're all here to listen if you should ever need to talk and vent how you feel. Don't EVER worry about bringing us down - you just focus on healing. We're here for you, no matter what.

That said, here's my contribution....

Name: Jennifer

Baby's bday and age now: William Alexander was born on October 17, 2007. That makes him about 7.5 weeks old.

How are things going with baby: Superbly well! He's nursing like a champ!! Born at 11 pounds, 2 ounces and 23.25 inches, he's now an incredible 14 pounds, 8 ounces and 25 inches (as of this past Wednesday). He's HUGE!! He's now smiling and cooing and being really sweet. Unfortunately, we found out he's allergic to dairy (meaning I now am dairy-free...not as bad I thought it would be) and has colic. Every few days, he has this major meltdown for several hours through the evening...no reason, except to increase my level of anxiety. He sleeps great (meaning, he loves it), refuses a paci (which is FINE by me), and is so-so about being in his ring sling or Moby...he gets bored really easily.

How are things going with YOU: I'm doing well. I've actually lost 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight (I had a lot to lose, got really bad morning sickness initially, and am now dairy-free), shooting for another 25-30 pounds to lose. I feel really good mentally, though some days my toddler drives me insane and I wonder....that's the one area in my life that desperately needs improvement, my relationship with my toddler. He's doing a lot of acting out since Will arrived.

What are you doing for the holidays? Um, we're supposed to go with my mom to her boyfriend's family, but with both boys recently being discovered to have dairy (and soy) allergies - including citrus for my oldest - I'm terrified of taking him to holiday parties. He's a huge lover of chocolate and cookies, and he now can't have it.....sounds like a head-ache to me.

Post pics, if you want: I'll come back later and update this....no time right now...

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#51 of 64 Old 12-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Blucactus - thinking of your little one and hoping the surgery goes smoothly and perfectly.

Thank you! The surgery was actually rescheduled so we are still playing the waiting game...I will be freaking out again closer to the time. (Jan 18)
#52 of 64 Old 12-12-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bens_mommy_2005 View Post
I also completely agree. You're never far from our hearts and prayers....please do keep in touch. I worry so much about you; I hope you know we're all here to listen if you should ever need to talk and vent how you feel. Don't EVER worry about bringing us down - you just focus on healing. We're here for you, no matter what.
Ditto Candy, we're still here for you, Mama! I feel like every day is a bigger gift now than I had ever before and I look forward to hearing about your healing, and in time, your next little one as we pray you'll be blessed with more....

As for our story:

Name: JJ

Baby's bday and age now: 10-24-07, 7 weeks tomorrow

How are things going with baby: Great! Nursing has been so much better now than the first time around when I was still cracked and bleeding at 4 months....he seems to be a little on the constipated side, but overall doing awesome and growing fast. We haven't weighed him in 5 weeks, but at his 2 week appt., he had gained almost a pound (went from 6-8 to 7-7) and 2 inches (hmmmmm...that seems strange.....!)

How are things going with YOU: Still tender down below, though finally not bleeding! I need to schedule with the midwife for a checkup now that I'm not bleeding. No PPD so far and DS1 is doing pretty well with the transition thankfully so that helps. I don’t think he understands that there was a choice involved yet in having another child. It’s more like, “Whoa! There’s a baby in the water! I guess we should take care of it!” (he was there for the home/waterbirth). Initially I was shocked when the baby turned out to be a boy, but now that I have 2 boys, I'm stoked and I think in some ways it was God's way of protecting me from having a circumcized grandson....It would crush me to have my kid circumcize my grandson and now there's a lessor chance of that since they can't use the "he won't look like his Dad" scenario! Crazy I know, but one more little perk I never thought of until recently.

What are you doing for the holidays? Going to my IL's this weekend for a week which will be awesome to be with family. Then new year's, flying to Portland to be with mine and my bro will tie the knot the following weekend. Really looking forward to that too, though I'll be nervous on the flight as my DH has to take a train up for health reasons so it'll be me and the kids by myself.....

Post pics, if you want: Just finished our birth announcement, here it is, though we're lightening some of the text as it came out a little dark. THere's 2 sides to it and we're having them printed out free on Vistaprint.com. We just pay for shipping, they are 50 for free, but you can submit several orders once you get on their emailing list.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...proof5jpeg.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...proof4jpeg.jpg
I've enjoyed seeing pics from you guys and your little ones, too!
#53 of 64 Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 AM

JJ, I love your announcements! So sweet! I hadn't thought about it before, but reading your announcement I noticed that my 2nd DS and yours are named from the same root - Iain being Gaelic for John (and he being my first "surprise" boy! ).

We are STILL trying to get announcements done.. ugh... (and he's nearly 11 weeks old! )

#54 of 64 Old 12-12-2007, 07:50 PM

I am going to finally post her picture, with her brothers of course
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8526548...n/photostream/
the only way to get her to sit with them was to put the binky in her mouth
#55 of 64 Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM

Baby's bday and age now: Emily was born Oct 12th and is now 8 weeks 5 days old!
How are things going with baby: She's so great! She's been coing up a storm when she's in the mood which is to die for and I'm glad she's growing out of her gassy/ crying phase (they we may have issues with reflux that we are currently treating). Shw was born 7 lbs 5 oz and as of Friday is 9 lbs 8.5 oz! BF was difficult at first but after a few trips to the LC and some time to heal, it's going great!
how are things going with YOU: I feel great! I have since the day we came home from the hospital (I got lucky and dd was there less than 24 hrs!). Slight soreness and cramping for a few days pp but that's all. Life is great- I couldn't ask for better!
what are you doing for the holidays? Going to the in-laws. BIL is visiting from out of state (hoping to deter him from sleeping over by saying dd cries all night- he he). Wishing I could be in SD with my family... maybe next year!
Post pics, if you want!
Here's her Christmas pic taken Dec 2nd. Daddys jumping around in the background getting her to laugh. What a cutie! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v366/tonimk19/
#56 of 64 Old 12-12-2007, 09:51 PM

Name: Jessica
baby's bday and age now: 10/9, so she's 9 weeks old
how are things going with baby: Excellent. We had some problems with occasional colic but they cleared up 2 weeks ago, and now she's delightful.
how are things going with YOU: Excellent. I'm back at work and liking it. I was sick a few weeks ago, just when I was supposed to start back to work, and that took off enough weight to get me into some prepregnancy clothes. I feel much better than I did at this time after DD1's birth.
what are you doing for the holidays? Going to my parents' house, 100 miles away. It will be cold, but fun. DD1 is anxious. She's excited about Christmas, loves the Christmas tree, and wants all presents to be for her.

Pictures - yeah, I'll get those up one of these days. Here are some old ones:
http://www.cirerrek.addr.com/lindita/birthstory.html
#57 of 64 Old 12-13-2007, 11:07 PM

Jessica it's great to hear from you! I'm glad you got a hb in MO! My MIL, whom I love, lives in St Louis. The main reason I won't move there is because of their bitrh laws. Though the snow doesn't help its case...

#58 of 64 Old 12-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Thanks Banana! Yes, my home birth was awesome. It's even in newspapers around the country: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/health/5343441.html

Is Okinawa any better for birth? when you're military?
After you have your babies you can move here -- it's a great city for families. It snows heavily about twice a year and melts within a few days, totally not a big deal. I did have to scrape my car this morning though, what a pain.
#59 of 64 Old 12-14-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
baby's bday and age now:
Candy, you need to be here and you are absolutely welcome. :

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#60 of 64 Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 PM

Name: Kat
baby's bday and age now: November 9th 5 weeks old
how are things going with YOU: Great. Daddy already wants to do it again. lol
what are you doing for the holidays? Taking a million photos of Elliot. lol

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...liot6small.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...liot4small.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...liot2small.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...Ablum/6011.jpg