Oct ddc post-partum roll call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-24-2007, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where is everyone?!!?!

Name: Like you all don't know me : Erika!
baby's bday and age now: Sydney was born on Oct 14, so she's about 6w old now. That went fast!
how are things going with baby: She's a great baby, my easiest newborn yet. She likes to nurse and be held. I have boobs and 2 pouch slings and a mobywrap, so we're set. She's an okay sleeper, as long as I follow The Happiest Baby suggestions (swaddle, shush, swing, side, and suck). She used to hate the car, but I took her to the chiro and he adjusted her and now she does better. I also kind of swaddle her arms when she's in the carseat, and that seems to help also. The other kids like her -- older sister LOVES her, older brothers aren't very impressed.
how are things going with YOU: Good, but I'm starting to feel like it's time to get some exercise in again. Especially now that it's getting cooler here in Arizona and I feel comfortable walking outside again and knowing I won't sweat like a water buffalo.
what are you doing for the holidays? Visiting in-laws in San Diego. Whee. Actually TG was fun, my mil brought pics of dh when he was a baby. Sydney looks just like him!
Post pics, if you want!
Sydney (she has tons of hair, I guess by now it won't fall out.)
Sydney and Allegra

There's also a link to our Elf Yourself thingy in my sig. It's hilarious.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2007, 08:21 PM

I'm still around, missing everyone. Life with a babe is too big for me so far...maybe I'll adjust.

Anyhow...

baby's bday and age now: Adeline was born on 10/22. She is one month old right now.

how are things going with baby: She's been very fussy, but will sleep for a long time if we use the Happiest Baby methods (see Yuma's post). She cries A LOT, just like her brother did when he was a new born.

how are things going with YOU: Okay. I am tired and feeling down about being unable to fit in any clothes. I think I look awful all the time (U.G.L.Y.). I can't remember a time that I have felt so unattractive and cared. I am also very tired, but I am impressed by how well I've managed everything so far. AND I know I have nothing to complain about...I have two beautiful, healthy children and everything I need (except maybe a temporary live-in friend ).
Old 11-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Name: Jennifer

baby's bday and age now: Xianya was born Oct 10th so I guess she is around 6 weeks as well

how are things going with baby: She is really calm for the most part, she doesn't cry at all until around dinner (of course) then she will have a few hours of fussiness, it is tolerable when dp is around b/c he can hold her but if he isn't around, I get uber stressed, it is also dd1's crazy hours! She sleeps all night, occasionally a wake up around 5am, she probably wakes up to nurse but that is the beauty of co-sleeping, you don't even realize it! DD1 has warmed up to her, she ignored dd2s existence at first but now she wants to hold her and says she is really cuuuute, no signs of jealousy or anything like that. Some days she doesn't sleep much, other days she will sleep the entire day.

how are things going with YOU: I have good and bad days, sometimes I think I have post-pardum depression, but then I will feel okay, so I think it is just a lot of stress. Starting to feel back to normal, I have 3 jeans that I can fit into, I am slowly dropping the extra lbs - I would like to keep some of them, but the way I am eating, if I am losing weight, then their is no hope of that....... :
what are you doing for the holidays? We will not be going anywhere, I am excited that my aunt is coming to FL, she recently moved and we miss her and her children a lot, dd1 will be very happy to see them.

Post pics, if you want!

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a86...mall01copy.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a86...idoct07004.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a86...idoct07006.jpg
Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Name: Annika
baby's bday and age now: 11/4, he's 3 wks tomorrow - feels much longer
how are things going with baby: Aaaaw, he's so sweet. I am so in love! He sleeps great compared to his brothers, nurses like a champ w some cluster feedings in the afternoon. His brothers love him, want to cuddle him all the time. Unfortunately he hates the carseat. It's also getting really cold here in NH so we haven't been outside much. My older kids are starting to go bonkers, I guess I am going to have to introduce li'l Niklas to some cold air soon.
how are things going with YOU: Good, considering...I stopped bleeding at 2wks pp, just some spotting here and there. I am not sleep deprived so I am able to enjoy my baby and am thankful for that. Sciatica is knocking on the door and I will call my chiro. Maybe he can adjust Niklas as well and help with the carseat issues. O, and of course I should stop eating like a pregnant woman - I am so hungry all the time but geesh, I need to lose weight.
Mentally - I don't know. It's not PPD but I've got the blues a bit. Dh is working a lot and I am stuck with 2 crazy kids and my baby all the time. I guess I am just craving a bit more family time, but we need the money so I'll suck it up.
what are you doing for the holidays? Staying at home. My sis is coming up for Christmas and I have the honor of cooking and cleaning like a madman again, cuz she has absolutely no clue of how to help out in my household or take care of the kids. But it'll be nice to have family around, I get so homesick for Germany around the holidays.
Post pics, if you want!http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8AaNGzJszbtmLH
Old 11-25-2007, 03:20 PM

Name: Christine

baby's bday and age now: 10/23 - she's one month old!

how are things going with baby: She's wonderful! Very laid back, gets a little fussy in the evenings but nothing the 5 S's can't take care of. Eats like a champ - she's up 2 pounds from her birthweight already. Still nursing older sis so I think that helps, she gets a lot of hindmilk. She takes a pacifier and a bottle, maybe not popular choices on MDC but her sister wouldn't take either. I use the swaddle me blanket to swaddle her in the car and that + the paci means she doesn't mind the car - huge difference from DD1 who screamed bloody murder in the car the entire first year!

She fits into her small Fuzzi Bunz now so we've ditched the kissaluvs. She has the cutest little fingers and toes and gummy gums. She loves the pouch and the wrap, but also tolerates the carseat and stroller. She sleeps 3 hour stretches between nursing at night, we cosleep but she doesn't stay on the boob all night like DD1 did (which is good b/c DD1 is still nightwaking so I frequently have to sneak away to get her back down). She is just so easygoing.

how are things going with YOU: Physically - great! I only have 6 pounds to go before I'm at pre-pregnancy weight. I don't fit into pre-pg jeans yet but I'm only up one size. I'm back to walking 1.5 miles a day. My bleeding is mostly stopped, it will stop for a day, come back for a day, stop for a day, etc. If I stopped being so active I'm sure it would stop, but oh well it will stop eventually!

Mentally - better... I had pretty bad baby blues and after-birth letdown. Combined with the time change early darkness, I was a mess there for a bit, but it is getting better every day. Having two isn't nearly as rough as I'd made it out to be in my head (most days, lol!) and we're getting out every day so that helps.

what are you doing for the holidays? staying in town, his parents will come up and we'll do family stuff.

Post pics, if you want well, if you insist

Emily asleep on boppy
Emily with big sister Catie
Mommy with Em asleep in the wrap
The girls in our swanky new stroller

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 11-25-2007, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Christine, that IS a swanky stroller!

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 11-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Name: Jaime
Baby's bday and age now:10/26, 4 weeks 2 days old
How are things going with baby: She is PERFECT! She loves to nurse and sleep, even at night! She is a very content baby who is alert and happy when she is awake. Dh and I wear her all of the time and have 4 different slings that we switch up. She loves to sleep in bed with us and ride in the car. She is gaining weight so fast and outgrowing all of her 0-3 month clothes.
How are things going with YOU: I am doing really well. I feel great and am starting to do things that I did before I was pregnant like long walks and cleaning. No sex yet though
What are you doing for the holidays? Not much. no traveling. We want this to be a relaxing stress-free holiday.
Post pics, if you want:http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...at147/0233.jpg

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Old 11-25-2007, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Name: Jeni
baby's bday and age now: 10/17. He is 5 1/2 weeks.
how are things going with baby: good. He has no routine or schedule like my oldest (my middle two, you could set your watch by them). He is really hot natured, and doesnt like to be worn... I am working on it, but he really doesnt enjoy the ring sling or the mei tai. He nurses well and sleeps a lot, and does okay most nights. Loves to spend time naked, loves baths, and likes a pacifier, my first baby who takes one.

how are things going with YOU: They are ok. Homeschooling is hard with two small ones, but we are getting into it. I stopped bleeding at 4 weeks, and have been working out some. Im doing a lot of online shopping for the holidays and I got all my christmas cards at the dollar store. I am partway done with my baby gift/meal thank you notes.

what are you doing for the holidays? My parents are coming here. Looking forward to it, as they are staying in a hotel

Post pics, if you want!
Here are some from this week:

Modeling his peapod outfit
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/IMG_0348.jpg
A smile!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...IMG_0033-1.jpg
With Lily (4)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/IMG_0355.jpg
With Felicity (2)
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...n/IMG_0359.jpg
Old 11-25-2007, 07:22 PM

Name: Andrea

Baby's bday and age now:10/18, about 5 weeks

How are things going with baby: well I'll have him weighed tomorrow, I"m guessing 13 lbs (was born 9.7) he's still quite gassy, I have a lot of milk. he's unpredictable, would sleep all day if I could hold him always, but there is my 3 year old to think of. I am afraid I might have bought my Hotsling too small, and he gets upset when I try to put him in the Ergo infant insert, so I resort to the Bjorn most days so far. he's usually fussy when awake but freakishly, I just put him in the bassinet to use the bathroom, and he's gone to sleep on his own! he still has baby acne, is that normal? he also usually gets upset going out in the car, so we have been staying home a lot. he loves bath/naked time though

How are things going with YOU: well, tear still not healed even after m/w took out the stitches that would not dissolve :P I'm impatient with my 3 year old :P I am too small for mat clothes, too big for regular ones and don't want to invest in new ones at this size. so I feel ugly. also I'm vain enough to be disappointed I ended up with some small stretch marks and stretched skin this time around

What are you doing for the holidays? not sure, hopefully going to my family's, but DH wants to ask his dad here (don't think he'll come though)
Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 PM

Christine, what kind of stroller is that? I love it!

Andrea... have you tried the Ergo without the insert, just by froggying his legs in? That's the way I use it with James.

And yes, it's still normal for him to have baby acne. I think James' cleared up at around 6 weeks.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 PM

I saw this post yesterday and thought, I cannot respond. It's been too terrible of a day and it will sound like I don't love my baby. But today was better so I feel safer posting.

Name: Suz

baby's bday and age now: 9/16 -- he'll be 10 weeks tomorrow.

how are things going with baby: We have good days and bad ones. Napping (and occasionally nightime sleep) have been disasterous lately, but figured out he had reflux, made some changes, and today was much better overall. He's a much more laidback baby than Thomas. I think he wants to be a good sleeper; he was just uncomfortable. And I still can't figure out how to get him to sleep at the end of the day without him having a breakdown. If anyone knows the secret, do tell.

He's starting to smile, which I love. Thomas adores him... I'm so proud of him. He's been a great sport with all the time I have to spend with the little one.

how are things going with YOU: Ok. When DH is travelling (which is 4-5 days a week), I get really anxious and depressed in the evenings. And lonely. Still figuring out how to do those hours with the two kids. God, I so admire Erica and Frelle, and I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT WITH FOUR OF THEM. Anyway, sometimes the depression gets pretty severe, so I'm going to call the midwife Monday. I don't want to go on drugs, but I will if need be.

I have 8 pounds to go, weight-wise. But it took 9 months last time to lose those, so I'm not worrying. I go back to work part-time in January (I direct children's theatre) and I'm both anxious and excited for it.

what are you doing for the holidays? Hanging out with the fam here. I'm very, very, lucky that my parents and brothers live nearby. They've been a great help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...5/CIMG0048.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...5/CIMG0006.jpg

Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

4 is no problem when you have an extra set of hands! I tell people I would NOT have this many kids if I didn't have a dh who is around almost all the time. Yes, he works, but other than work, he's here, taking care of the kids.

I don't know how YOU do it!

treehugger.gif Erika
Old 11-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygones75 View Post
Christine, what kind of stroller is that? I love it!
it's a Phil & Ted's Sport with toddler doubles kit. I went back and forth for months about whether to spend the $$ (almost $500) on it. I looked at tons of other double strollers and they all seemed so big and heavy and cumbersome...

when I was 6 days postpartum and the baby blues hit, I decided I definitely needed some retail therapy and finally took the plunge and bought it. and I love it - love it love love love it!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 AM

Name: Marly

baby's bday and age now: Sabine is 6 weeks on Tuesday, early morning.

how are things going with baby: She's a really good baby. She is pretty picky about how she is held in the evenings which really frustrates dh She loves to eat and is a great sleeper. At night she sleeps 4 hours, eats, 3 hours, eats, 2 hours, eats, then 1 hour and is awake for the day. or for 2 hours and then sleeps again. She is really helpful My 3.5 year old loves her, all the time, all over! The 5 yr old gives her kisses a few times a week.

how are things going with YOU: not too bad. I've been pretty frustrated with the boys but I love my baby. I did ask dh why he stays with me. he asked me when I'm going to make an appointment with the therapist Yea, I had ppd after both boys, but worse after the second. I made an appointment with a CNM for a "6 week" visit. I felt down there and I swear there's something that isn't supposed to be there. I'm kind of nervous and have no clue what's going on.

what are you doing for the holidays? We went to Denver to visit my brother.

I'll have to download some new pictures.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:04 AM

Suz, have you tried taking a fish oil supplement yet? I started fish oil about a week and a half ago, and it's magic! Totally takes away my baby blues, and I have energy that I haven't had for about 15 years. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Christine -- looks like it's worth the money! Though... can't really take that splurge here. I need to start playing lotto.

flowers... no I haven't. I keep hoping that the flax seed oil will do the trick instead, but since it hasn't, you're right. I'll go for the fish oil.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
4 is no problem when you have an extra set of hands! I tell people I would NOT have this many kids if I didn't have a dh who is around almost all the time. Yes, he works, but other than work, he's here, taking care of the kids.

I don't know how YOU do it!
Thanks for the hugs. Yes, I wish DH would come home at night. But I also need to remember that there are mamas here married to soldiers abroad for months at a time. So we all have our challenges.

Love your elves, btw.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Name: noelia
baby's bday and age now: zach was born on 11/04. he was 3 weeks yesterday
how are things going with baby: he is such an easy baby. he sleeps well, nurses well... i'm so releaved! my other kids love him. ds kisses him all day long. dd is a little mama to him already.
how are things going with YOU: things are good. it took me until 11 days pp to be able to walk normally again because my pelvis was so out of whack and i'm so much better now. i still need to go to the chiro though. i'll get to him eventually!
what are you doing for the holidays? we stayed home and had tg with my parents.

Noelia- mama to 4
Old 11-26-2007, 05:32 PM

Name: moonfroggy

baby's bday and age now: oct 27th he is 4 weeks old now

how are things going with baby: he has a beautiful smile he seems happy and healthy. people are so surprised at how strong his neck is and how alert he is. he is always lifting his head up looking around making eye contact and smiling. he is so amazing and i ove him so much and he is so easy and calm. every day seems easier than the last because my partner and i get better at knowing dmitri's cues and what he needs and wants.

how are things going with YOU: i am still a little sore where i tore and it still hurts some to pee but i am healing well. my belly still looks kinda scary to me and i am looking forward to my stretch marks fading. overall i am doingwell though. people keep asking me how my sleeping is going and the funny thing is all my life i have had bad insomia and for the first time in my life i amm sleeping prettywell without any medications to help me sleep or anything. we cosleep and my partner does all the night time diaper changes and i do all the night time feedings and i feel like i am getting better sleep than ever. i can even sleep in a room with a night light which i have never been able to do but it helps with nursing to have a little light to see with. oh and nursing was a lot harder than i expected it to be at first but i am starting too love nursing which is cool.

what are you doing for the holidays? i have no idea. dmitri does not do well in cars and he gets distracted easily when we are not home and then has trouble with nursing. he gets hungry and cranky and then won't eat because there are so many things to look at. so unless dmitri and i can get the hang of nursing when not at home we will be staying home. i plan to make some knot dolls for dmitri and i think rob will make some sort of gift for him as well. i want to make something for rob (my dp) but i'm not sure what to make for him yet. one of my best friends who is a mathematician is making dmitri a set of blocks with math symbols on them. i will probably cook something fancy.

Post pics, if you want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6794130...89810?edited=1

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

Old 11-26-2007, 06:26 PM

I figure this is a good a time as any to jump into the right DDC.

Name: Katie

Baby's bday and age now: 10/24 - He's 4 weeks and 2 days. I was due tomorrow, and Rowan has been home from the hospital for about 3 weeks.

How are things going with baby: Pretty good so far. The hardest part is trying to deal with my 2yo while trying to nurse. Rowan and I have barely got the hang of bfing, so I can't be up and after my toddler and he knows it. Rowan has only had one bad night where he wanted to nurse the entire time, but Papa stepped in and helped me out. He's a great nurser and more mellow than DS1. Still seems so tiny, but he gained a pound and a half in the last 12 days.

How are things going with YOU: Good - same as it ever was. My pp bleeding was done weeks ago and my uterus is just a couple fingers above my pelvis. My nipples were sore for just a little while. I'm still kinda depressed that I missed out on the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy and seeing preggo women makes me sad, but there's always next time. As always I stressing about finances and insurance.

What are you doing for the holidays? Not sure. If Xmas dinner is at my BILs house, then we'll be staying home and doing our own thing. Otherwise we'll probably be at MILs.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:15 PM

I'll give this a go:

Name: Jennifer

baby's bday and age now: born 10/13 so about 6 wks now or so?

how are things going with baby: going really great. She sleeps almost all the way through the night, from when DH brings her to bed around midnight/1am until about 5:30am. Sometimes its earlier and some times he brings her in later, but over all its working out great. I let him do a night feeding with her and I go to bed w/ DD1 generally around 9 and it really helps. She's a great baby, and so much easier than DD1 was at this age. No reflux, very little fussiness that cant be solved easily, and just over all adorable. She sleeps better than 2 yr old DD1 even now, tolerates being delayed in attention when DD1 needs me without much fuss. Sometimes she even quiets down before I get to her (never more than a minute or two to change a diaper or chase down a run away 2 yr old)

how are things going with YOU: doing well as long as I get to bed around 9pm. I cant function with the baby in the late evening. For some reason even nursing after I get over tired just irritates the heck out of me. I've started dieting and lost 10lbs but then Thanksgiving hit and I gained it all back again over last weekend. I feel pretty crappy about myself too, but thats been going on since halfway through the pregnancy so its kind of like an old evil friend at this point.

Post pics, if you want!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Name: Danielle
baby's bday and age now: Linus was born on Halloween, so he's almost 4 weeks, as of this Wednesday!!
how are things going with baby: Really well. He is so adorable and sweet. Big sister is loving him like crazy, too. He sleeps well, which is good considering dd did not in the beginning. He is also a serious nurser-10-15 minutes and he's done. Again, not like dd who still to this day is a leisure nurser, sometimes going for 30 minutes at a stretch!!
how are things going with YOU: Better than I expected, I think. We have our moments, but for the most part, things are going smoothly. I just try to take it moment by moment and try not to let myself get too overwhelmed. Of course, I would like a little time to myself, but I will have plenty of time, soon enough, when my little babies grow up
what are you doing for the holidays? Spending Christmas Eve with dh's family and going to my parents' house-downstairs-for Christmas Day!!
Post pics, if you want!
coming soon!!

Danielle, bf'ing, cd'ing, bw'ing, ap'ing, SAHM to DD Avery (12-1-04) blahblah.gif DS Linus (10-31-07)bouncy.gif and DD Nilah (9-17-11) babygirl.gif

always and forever remembering angel1.gif (6-9-10)

Old 11-26-2007, 09:55 PM

Name: Kelly
How are things going with baby: Great, we are all in love with him, especially his big brother. He is a decent sleeper. He goes to sleep with dad and then wakes up every few hours to eat and usually goes right back to sleep. He is a great eater, but sometimes has tummy problems. I've been trying to eliminate some foods to see if it helps.
How are things going with you: Pretty good. I am getting some sleep and have started walking again. I even started a walk jogging program last night. I am a little down sometimes because I feel like I can't keep up with things like I used to, chores, my three year old etc. but overall I feel really great, and I feel like my body is recovering much faster this time.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:59 PM

Name: Brianne

Baby's bday and age now:10/24, 4 weeks 6 days old

How are things going with baby: Really well! She is much mellower than dd 1. She hates the car though. She is starting to really smile now.

How are things going with YOU: I am still bleeding, which is lame, but I feel good, happy in general.. I had a wicked case of mastitis, but it's better now. Though my nipples are sore, she is a lazy baby and has a lazy latch to match. I'm working on getting her to open wider, but it's slow going. I'm ready to kill my DH, we are fighting more now than we have in years(that's a whole other post.) And getting a BC for the baby has been a complete nightmare and it's way from over : (again, another post.) Still, I feel 100 times better at this point than I did last time, both mentally and physically.

what are you doing for the holidays: Drinkin' eggnog, trimin' trees, eatin' cookies!

Froggy- that diaper looks downright professional, amazing! mine are much less impressive!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Name: Sarah

baby's bday and age now: 6th of October. He's just over 7 weeks old now.

how are things going with baby: Ok most of the time. He doesn't seem to have settled into any sort of routine yet. I never know what he's going to do. I have no idea how much he weighs, but he is nice and plump! And very long too. Obviously takes after his dad - who is 6 foot 4. My other children all love him. My 7 year old is very skilled in baby care already. I can eat my breakfast while she dresses him and holds him.

how are things going with YOU: Good! After my last baby I had depression and had terrible problems with breastfeeding. This time everything is perfect Breastfeeding is going great. And I am THIN!!! My jeans keep falling down. I'm looking forward to buying some new clothes.

what are you doing for the holidays? Staying at home I think. I am feeling smug because I have all my gifts bought and even wrapped!

Post pics, if you want! http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=First015.jpg

I think this is the first time I have posted on MDC since Robert was born. I just never seem to have the time any more.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Name: jen

baby's bday and age now: noah was born oct 20 so is about 5 1/2 weeks now

how are things going with baby: Noah is quite easily made very happy by the maya wrap sling and my very plentiful milk. He does have a fussy period in the evenings and has a hard time falling asleep for the night. Once he's asleep though he stays asleep cuddled next to daddy and I. I know he nurses a night at least once because he is VERY noisy!! Snorting and grunting and smacking... he is not a very polite eater!! DD1 (age 8) is like a second mommy, she is sooo good with him. DD2 (age 3) adores him and is not jealous. I have had some difficulty dealing with DD2 significantly increased demand to nurse now that new milk is in but that has subsided too... we are starting to feel a groove coming on!!

how are things going with YOU: I felt normal at about 2weeks.... however I am still spotting off and on. Probably doing too much but I have little time to rest and here is why... at 9 days post partum, my mother (who lives with us) fell down the stairs and broke her ankle. So I have been extremely busy taking care of her and my 3 kids... she was supposed to be helping me. This has been very difficult (understatement). She is better now but will not be able to walk withough crutches for at least 3 more weeks.

what are you doing for the holidays? We will celebrate our holiday on dec 20 with prayers and friends and food and presents... we are all looking forward to it.

I miss the hours I used to spend in the evening online thinking and reading and posting about pregnancy and birth. Now I just wish I could sit down in the evening.... I miss you all and hope that we can keep in touch on Life with a babe...

peace
jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Name: Rebecca
baby's bday and age now: Scarlett was born 10/03 and will be 8 weeks tomorrow
how are things going with baby: She is so laid back! Lucy was so high needs and couldn't stand to be put down, but Scarlett is so happy most of the time. They are polar opposites so far.
how are things going with YOU: It has been to cold to go outside, so I'm feeling a little bit of cabin fever coming on. I'm not brave enough to go out by myself with both of them, but Scarlett and I have gone shopping a few times when dh is home.
what are you doing for the holidays? Everyone wants us over on christmas morning since we are the only ones with kids so far, but I think that will be too much for all of us. I am hoping christmas morning will be at our house and christmas dinner with my fam.
Post pics, if you want!
I will when I get on the other computer.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 PM

All the babies are so cute!

Name: Carrie
Baby's b-date & age now: Thomas was born 11/1 and is 3 wks 5 days old.
How are things going with baby: Great. I love having him, I love being home with him. The only drawback is bedtime. He's up for an hour from midnight to 1AM. DH and I tend to go to bed between 11 and 12, so being forced to stay up that extra hour has been hard for me. Especially since we get up at 6AM to get the older 2 off to school. I hope that my plan to get all of us up at the same time will help adjust Thomas into a routine that will work for everyone.
How are things going with you: Pretty good. A little bit of baby blues, possibly (had PPD after dd's birth and have had depression in the past, so I have to be very aware of my mental state), but overall I'm doing ok. Physically I'm still recovering. I seem to have issues w/ my insides being in the right place. I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as I can and I'm seeing improvements.
Holiday plans: None. We don't celebrate holidays. We do need to go to Sea World at some point over the winter break w/ the kids, however.
Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carriebeary77/Family1107
http://picasaweb.google.com/Carriebeary77/Thomas

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 PM

All these babies are just gorgeous! I love the pics!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 11-28-2007, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflowers View Post
Suz, have you tried taking a fish oil supplement yet? I started fish oil about a week and a half ago, and it's magic! Totally takes away my baby blues, and I have energy that I haven't had for about 15 years. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bygones75 View Post
flowers... no I haven't. I keep hoping that the flax seed oil will do the trick instead, but since it hasn't, you're right. I'll go for the fish oil.
I've decided tonight that Fish Oil is a VERY good thing. I bought some more last week when we went on our big Thanksgiving dinner shop - which coincided with my MIL coming into town. Yeah, good idea to stock up on the fish oil!! I took it regularly most of the last week, but probably didn't in the last couple of days. I realized this tonight when I was totally overwhelmed by everything and just not totally okay. Yup, fish oil is my friend! (I took a double dose a bit ago and think I may be feeling better already! )

ETA: For me, I got the Nordic Naturals DHA. It says on the bottle, "Supports Memory, Learning, and Mood." So far, not only has my mood (apparently) been more stable, but the significant memory issues I've been having have improved, as well. It's pricey, but at this point seems well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah0404 View Post
Post pics, if you want! http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=First015.jpg

I think this is the first time I have posted on MDC since Robert was born. I just never seem to have the time any more.
Sarah, congrats on the little guy! Love your pics, especially with the four kids. And I have to say, it made me kinda happy, 'cause there's something about Robert's face that reminds me of my own boys. While I don't know if you're actually native Scots, it still gave me the silly pleasure of thinking we really do look Scottish!

And now that the fish oil seems to be working, I'll post my own answers in another post...

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

User Tag List