Natural Pacifiers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-03-2007, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you know any good all-natural pacifiers? I have been looking on the internet and the only good ones I see are Natursutton pacifiers. Has anyone used these or know of any other good ones?
Dh and I do not want to give dd a pacifier but she really calms down when she sucks. We have never given her one-just our knuckles or finger so far. We would NEVER give her one made of yucky ingredients though so I am just weighing my (natural) options.
The Natursutten pacifiers are made from pure, natural rubber from the tree Hevea brasiliensi. Also there is no artificial color,no chemicals softener; parabens, PVC, phtalates and BPA (bisphenol-A) free.

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

#2 of 5 Old 12-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildecat View Post
We would NEVER give her one made of yucky ingredients though [
That could have been worded differently -- it made me feel bad.

ETA our lo's have the same bd. Ain't that special.
#3 of 5 Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 PM

Isn't silicone supposed to be okay?
#4 of 5 Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yup, silicone is a safe material. There are a few pacifiers that are completely or almost completely made of silicone. I got the Gerber NaturalFlex as everything that touches baby is silicone, and I like the sucking motion they give (as opposed to ones that don't move when sucked on).

I've never heard of these natural rubber ones, though. Silicone has some benefits over rubber (including allergies to rubber), but both are likely good options, all else aside.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#5 of 5 Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowerofnada View Post
That could have been worded differently -- it made me feel bad.

ETA our lo's have the same bd. Ain't that special.
I am SO SORRY. I did not mean to make you feel bad. Dh and I are first time parents and want to be very careful about what choices we make-even little ones. I do not judge anyone else and also do not know that much about most of the pacifiers sold in stores. That is why I started this thread. After the recent "China" scare we are researching everything that she will touch to make sure it is safe and contains no lead.
Sorry again.
October 26th is a special day

Jaime, SAHM to Autumn Jane 10/07 and Alexander 12/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page