i need help finding a family friendly beach rental or small hotel in mexico! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in charge of finding a place for our group of 15 (8 adults, 7 LO's) to go in Feb. We don't want to go to one of the large hotels, would love to rent bungalows for each family but one of the fams has 3 kids so its been tough. Tulum and Isla Mujeres look wonderful but we're open to pretty much anywhere and price isn't a defining factor.
We gotta have sandy clear, calm beaches for the little ones and it would be great to have cool stuff nearby for the families to do when we're done with the beach (ruins, cool towns etc.)
Small hotel would work as would house rental with 4 bedrooms but it has to be on the beach!
Please let me know of anything you've found or anything you could pass along would be sooooo helpful, I've kind of hit a dead end.
Thank you!
Amy
BTW-mods if you can find a better spor for this please feel free to move it
#2 of 3 Old 12-17-2009, 03:05 AM

We stayed in Sayulita with extended family, including 3 kids under 6, in one big house a few years back and loved it. There are lots of rental options there, and although the surf gets pretty rough as you head north from town, there are plenty of rentals closer to town where the waves are gentle. The town is small and family friendly, with cute restaurants and a nice central plaza. Also good surfing, if that's your thing. Try VRBO, where you can sort by number of bedrooms, or www.sayulitalife.com, for accomodations.
#3 of 3 Old 12-19-2009, 11:47 PM

I was reading the Nov. 2009 issue of Budget Travel today and was reminded of your situation - there's an article about a family of 10, with 3 little kids, who stay at a big beachside house near Akumal:
http://budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/conte...100303436.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page