Morning sickness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I hate to admit but after three pregnancies, I really know little about real morning sickness. Aparently this lil one is making up for it. I really don't know how much is pregnancy or a bu gmy boys were fighting last week, but whatever it is, it stinks. I was sick all weekend, and am completely gross feeling still. Sure hope this doesn't last long, I already feel like I'm ignore the boys, I just don't feel good enough to play and be as fun as usual.

But I'm sure that there must be others out there feeling like this too.

Anyone want to share whats worked for then?

Here's what I've read so far
ginger
B6
sour things (haven't tried this, does it work?)

Any more to add to the list?
#2 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 AM

I've heard the scent of lemon (a fresh one) can help. Also, there's a nausea relief liquid you can buy (I know for sure CVS carries it but I'm sure other stores do as well) that helps relive nausea.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#3 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 12:04 PM

vit b is suppsed to help

almonds are good

ginger candy -- even lenon candy -- suck on it

Good luck

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#4 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 12:07 PM

I used a prenatal homeopath for my m/s. It really worked for me. I took the remdy once and was finally able to enjoy my pregnancy.
#5 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Do you know what the homeopathic thing was? Or was it from a practitioner? I know one local store sells a lot of them, I could run out there if I knew what to look for.

So far, I am barely holding in my water, much less the food I make myself eat. but the only help yet has been sucking a lemon wedge. Last night when it wasn't as bad, I was drinking lemon water and it seemed to help, but right now, just can't do the water part.

Hope some of the ideas help others
#6 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM

I totally know what you are going through. Are you able to keep down any fluids?
I had 4 pregnancies with what I would consider morning sickness and 1 pregnancy with hyperemesis gravidarum.
I hope you are feeling better soon, but if you get to where you can't keep fluids down for more than 24 hours, you need to get to a doc or the ER because dehydration while pregnant is dangerous.
#7 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I hope you are feeling better soon, but if you get to where you can't keep fluids down for more than 24 hours, you need to get to a doc or the ER because dehydration while pregnant is dangerous.
yep

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#8 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 05:50 PM

My last pregnancy I had all-day sickness almost the entire time. I'm not feeling quite as bad this time, mainly because I've been getting outside sooo much more (no longer stuck in an office building!) For me, I've been drinking lots of gingerale and sparkling beverages, which seems to help.

Nicole, mama to a seven year old wonder and a three year old joy and caretaker to 3 kitties and 9 hens. 

#9 of 9 Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Luckily, I haven't actually thrown up since Fri night (knocking on LOTS of wood lol). But I just feel horrid when I eat, or don't eat. I am able to sip at water, even when I don't want to just out of that fear. Today, the oddest thing happened. I was draggin in to make the boys lunch, dreading even seeing food, and suddenly, I was hungry. But could stand cooking, and smells. So wonderful dh went to the store for me. Got my ginger, and some jello, and a nice sandwich for me. It was really good. By the time he got back, stomach ache was gone, I was starving, and got to feel good for almost an hour after

Thanks, and I sure hope this passes soon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page