Chicken makes me wanna vomit! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Normally I love chicken. I have a bunch cooked and frozen in the freezer for meals that I had planned for the rest of the month.

I realized last week when reheating leftovers that the smell of it made me so sick, but it was the same with DD.

Now, even thinking about eating chicken (fresh or reheated) makes me want to barf. Seriously. :Puke

Guess I'll have to get some more grocery money from DH and figure out what we're going to eat instead.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#2 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Well I went about 75% vegetarian in the previous months, and now I'm 100% because this baby is ANTI MEAT!!! hahaha The thought of meat churns my insides...ugh yuck!!!! All this baby wants is bread and fresh veggies and fresh fruit.

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

#3 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM

Me too! I have no desire for chicken whatsoever. It doesn't exactly make me want to puke, I just don't want it. And we usually eat quite a bit. I definitely more into red meat and pork right now, and that's not at all normal either. Pregnancy hormones do such weird things!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#4 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM

That brings back memories of being pg with my first baby. We were in college and had a Chick Fil A on campus. Well walking by that building everyday made me want to vomit. I literally had to hold my breath and run by. Well I went in there one day--we had been vegetarian for maybe 8 months at that time-- and I got the most overwhelming desire for a chicken sandwich. There was no holding back. So I scarfed it down. Then I scarfed down another one. : Then I was REALLY sick. Yes, I kept it down...but oh I felt soooo gross afterwards!! I'm not vegetarian anymore, and frankly during the last two pregnancies, it was the high protein in meat that kept the nausea somewhat at bay.

But being due on the 30th of the month, I get to watch you all go through m/s before I get it....and then I get to have it for weeks after you've gotten rid of it! DOH!
#5 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Nothing has made me queasy yet, except maybe deli turkey. But I'm still not yet 5 weeks! Usually I get hit with morning sickness during the 6th week but its gone by the 12th.

I don't recall ever actually throwing up with morning sickness, but its been 5 yrs since my last pregnancy. I just remember being nauseous a lot in the middle of the day and evening. Crackers and ginger ale worked wonders.
#6 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfyCozy View Post
Well I went in there one day--we had been vegetarian for maybe 8 months at that time-- and I got the most overwhelming desire for a chicken sandwich. There was no holding back. So I scarfed it down. Then I scarfed down another one. : Then I was REALLY sick. I'm not vegetarian anymore, and frankly during the last two pregnancies, it was the high protein in meat that kept the nausea somewhat at bay.
That is quite the funny story!

I find that I can tolerate beef and pork. Just something about chicken that really does me in. Oh, and peanut butter. I've been eating it by the spoonfuls. DS has a peanut allergy, so this kind of makes me hope I'm not dooming the little one in my womb to have the same

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#7 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 PM

I almost never eat pork and have been devouring it. My first pregnancy I ate a ton of PB, last two, it gave me heartburn, so haven't had much this time.

So far though, this lil one is all carnivour! lol
#8 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 10:44 PM

No chicken for me. Maybe partially because I was in the middle of a very strict lowcarb diet when I found out I am preggers. Lost 66 lbs in 3.5 mos and chicken was one of my staple foods. Will not touch it now...Urgh!
#9 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 PM

Chicken gets a definite thumbs down around here these days too, and since I don't eat red meat or fish, I'm turning to almonds and beans these days. Sadly, the three items I took out of the freezer this week for dinner all contain chicken and DH is away this week, so whatever DD doesn't eat is going straight into the garbage.
#10 of 20 Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 PM

The same thing happened with me when I was pregnant with my son. It seemed it was only skinless chicken, as I could usually handle breaded chicken. It lasted for a while after I gave birth too!
#11 of 20 Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 AM

That was why I tested! We were have chicken for dinner one night and I took one bite and almost threw up right there! Have not been able to even stand the smell of it for weeks!!
#12 of 20 Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM

I'm right there with you! I think this baby might be a vegetarian!
#13 of 20 Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM

Congrats on your weight loss. I lost about 30 lbs this past year. Not looking forward to putting it back on again
#14 of 20 Old 03-22-2007, 01:09 PM

I am fine once it is cooked but handling raw chicken or ground meat , even the thought of doing that, makes me heave, but once it is cooked it is ALL i want to eat.. meat , chicken etc.. so strange...
#15 of 20 Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Mine "vomit thing" is always BBQ of any kind when I am pregnant....I love BBQ but not when I am preggo-from the smell to the sight....UGH!
#16 of 20 Old 03-23-2007, 01:21 AM

I have been wanting bacon SOOO bad and I found the 3lb BOX of ends and pieces on "manager's special" for two dollars. That means it's just about at it's time, so I took it home and cooked it all and put it in the freezer.

Now I can't stand the smell of my house. I've had the windows open all day and candles and insense.... and bacon. Funny thing is, I still want to eat the bacon, just the smell is making me gag. I actually went to the gym right after cooking and my hair still smelled like bacon. *gag*
#17 of 20 Old 03-23-2007, 08:32 AM

I cheated last time I needed bacon for something and got the precooked kind I love to eat it, but hate the smell too!

Last night I made speghetti. It was good, no problems eating it (way to meaty for normal, but this baby is all about meat ). I didn't finish all the dishes though. Came down this morning and had to wash dishes the second I came down, the smell of sauce just ewwwwww

Weirdos aren't we? The joys of preggo life!
#18 of 20 Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 PM

Salad make me want to hurl chunks. I've even tried drpwning it in chick peas, feta cheese and my favorite dressing ... Barf!
#19 of 20 Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-lovely View Post
Mine "vomit thing" is always BBQ of any kind when I am pregnant....I love BBQ but not when I am preggo-from the smell to the sight....UGH!
I was putting BBQ chips in DH's lunch the other morning and was gagging over the smell. He thinks I'm nuts.

#20 of 20 Old 03-23-2007, 06:21 PM

I walked into Kroger today to get some "real" gingerale for my ms that recently decided to kick in. The smell of fried chicken was overwhelming and almost made me gag. It was so gross!!! I remember the smell very distinctly from my pregnancy with dd2. I had the same reaction then. The memory came back to me as soon as I walked in the store. ugh!!!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page