? about showing with second pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recall my sister-in-law looking about 6 months pregnant when she was actually only 3 months along with her second. With my first (which was probably an unusual situation because he was born still and was only 3 lbs at birth) I did not show until about 6 months along. I feel like I am huge already. Mainly it is that my waist is pretty much gone. I look like I have a potbelly going on.

Anyone know if it is common to show much earlier with your second? Thanks.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM

yes it is a lot more common to show a lot sooner with #2.

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 04-12-2007, 03:38 PM

I started showing at 14weeks with my first, and 6weeks this time. Scary, huh?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 04-12-2007, 03:41 PM

Yep, second pg you show a lot faster. At 7 weeks I couldn't fit into any of my pants.

I'm wondering how a third pg will be.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:53 PM

It's very normal! Your stomach muscles "remember" how to stretch out and do it a lot faster each time.

This is my 4th pregnancy and I can tell you that by 6 weeks I had to pull out my "fat pants". I'm 10 weeks now and in maternity clothes.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:49 PM

MommytoGabriel03 (or anyone else who can answer this!),
If you start showing sooner with subsequent pregnancies, did you have a harder time losing the weight once the baby was born?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 PM

This is only my second pregnancy, but my SIL (who is pregnant with #4) claims that it's getting harder and harder to bounce back. After gaining over 50 lbs. : with my first, my goal is to keep my weight under control this time around, especially now that I know how HARD it is to take it off (I still have a trophy ten pounds that never did disappear). Yikes. I guess that means I'm already ten ahead with this pregnancy?!?!

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Oh thank God I thought I was the only one who had to break out the old Maternity pants at 8 weeks. I swear I look twice as pregnant now as I did when I was 4 months with my son.

Becky married to Dave with our sons Davey(6), Beren(3), an Angel, and Seifer(11 m)
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 PM

Yeah, the second time I think I was in maternity clothes at 12 weeks, but I was clearly starting to pop around 8-9 weeks. This time, my belly's been a bit more out there than normal for 3 weeks or so, but these past few days, it's really popped (9 weeks). Even in the morning now, I feel and look pregnant. I was going to break out the maternity clothes today, but apparently they got lost in one of our last three moves. I can't find them among any of our things. Very frustrating!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM

I lost my weight really quickly after DS was born...I was back in my regular clothes at 6 weeks pp!

With DD, it took me a lot longer to lose the weight. I think I was back in my regular clothes by 12-16 weeks.

All I did was nurse, nurse, nurse and try not to eat too much junk food. I also did a lot of walking after DD was born.

I had a miscarriage back in November at had gained about 5 pounds or so, and I never lost that. So, I'm starting out this time about 5 pounds heavier.

My goal this time is to try not to gain 50 pounds. 49 will be ok, but not any more! I expect it will be longer to get back to normal after this baby. I do not think that my stomach is going to bounce back very quickly at all.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 AM

Postpartum comparison for me... I gained basically the exact same amount of weight with #1 and #2 but gained it earlier with #1 meaning more of it was me and less was baby.

With #1, I was 8 pounds from my pre-PG weight by 2 weeks postpartum, and stayed there until weaning, but could hardly fit into any of my old clothes because my body had redistributed.

With #2, I actually lost the weight faster. Bigger baby plus more nursing helped that. I was only 3-4 pounds up at 2 weeks, and I got into my normal clothes sooner and even had to buy a size smaller at one point. But even when I was thinner I still had/have a lot more tummy left than I did after #1.

So far with #3, I am popping out even earlier. I am starting 10 pounds heavier than with either of the previous 2, and am scared to see how big I get and how much tummy I have left after this birth!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Gabriel03 View Post

My goal this time is to try not to gain 50 pounds. 49 will be ok, but not any more! I expect it will be longer to get back to normal after this baby. I do not think that my stomach is going to bounce back very quickly at all.

I could have written this! I gained 50 lbs with ds and I will NOT do it again...but he was 10 lbs. I lost about 20 lbs the day he was born!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Well, I just tried on my jeans - the comfy ones that were in my size - and all I can say is

goodbye! at 10 weeks! wow - I definitely wasn't like this last time. Of course, I was more fluffy then, so who knows...

Fortunately, I've got some stuff from when I was bigger to wear until maternity clothes time. I want to wait until my u/s to break them out - that's when we will be spreading the news. 6 days left!

Nicole, mama to a seven year old wonder and a three year old joy and caretaker to 3 kitties and 9 hens. 

User Tag List