Baby's Movement Uncomfortable - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else find baby's moving around to be really uncomfortable? It's kind of cool feeling it move around in there, but jeez, I didn't expect it to be so...ugh. It's not pain, exactly, but a really distinctly awful sensation.

Most women I talk to rave about how great it was to feel the baby moving. Well, it keeps making me flinch. I hope that isn't a bad sign. :
#2 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 02:44 PM

It can be uncomfortable sometimes for me. I was saying just a few days ago how little this one moves, but then last night, for hours, she wouldn't stop moving around. It was a little uncomfortable sometimes. Like when an elbow is poking (seemingly) out of you. You'll be fine when she gets here. It's completely different when they are out of you.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#3 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 03:40 PM

Sometimes I find it uncomfortable, especially when the movements are very low. Then s/he's pushing on my clothes or, worse, my bladder. And sometimes s/he seems to hit a nerve and I feel it in my Yoni, which is VERY uncomfortable. And lately s/he's got her head or something smushed up in my rib cage.

Most of the time I really enjoy feeling the babe move. If yours is doing something that hurts, try finding a new position. Or I'll gently press on the area I don't want the babe, like up under my ribs, and sometimes s/he'll move.
#4 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 PM

as much as I welcome it (reassurign) it is hurty for me too.... hugs
#5 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 03:49 PM

I know what you mean! My baby was head down for quite awhile and then on Sunday s/he flipped. Talk about uncomfortable. And, head up is terrible, kicks down low are not fun!!!! Thankfully s/he flipped again while I was sleeping.

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
#6 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 PM

Baby is seriously kicking my butt! I think she is either going to be a dancer and is working on those thigh muscles or she's going to be a boxer! This will all be worth it either way

Aimee
x2 11-07 and 12-09
#7 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerieg View Post
I know what you mean! My baby was head down for quite awhile and then on Sunday s/he flipped. Talk about uncomfortable. And, head up is terrible, kicks down low are not fun!!!! Thankfully s/he flipped again while I was sleeping.
Same here, he just flipped to breech about 10 days ago and I so want him to be head down again. I love baby movements and enjoy all of them until late in pregnancy when they can become painful. But this time with his feet constantly kicking my cervix I am not all that thrilled. Please, spin, little baby!
#8 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM

yes, times 2!!! It's nuts! I can distinctly feel their feet. And when they shift their heads (both are vertex) I can feel it in my upper vagina - ouch!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#9 of 15 Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

WTH? I thought I was posting this in a new topic. Oh well, please ignore the subject heading.

Glad to know I'm not alone here. I've actually doubled over a couple of times when the baby kicked me HARD.
#10 of 15 Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 PM

my babe is super active and often kicks so hard that i gasp. i still enjoy it though -- i just think it's so cool! however, there are two new tricks s/he has learned recently that i'm not super excited about:

1. jamming his/her little feet right up in my ribs.
2. when i'm trying to sleep -- so, when i'm on my side -- kicking AT THE BED furiously. this babe is such a little princess about personal space and i'm used to getting pummeled when i bend over or do anything that compromises the size of his/her house, but now apparently even my belly resting on the bed annoys him/her.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#11 of 15 Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robina_josephine View Post
2. when i'm trying to sleep -- so, when i'm on my side -- kicking AT THE BED furiously. this babe is such a little princess about personal space and i'm used to getting pummeled when i bend over or do anything that compromises the size of his/her house, but now apparently even my belly resting on the bed annoys him/her.
I get that too! When I'm lying on my side, I can put my hand on the "down" side and feel the outline of her foot. Kind of cool, but this morning I did feel like her foot must be sticking out of me!

So far I have found head down to be much more comfortable than breech. She felt so *heavy* down there that way, and the kicks felt really weird.
#12 of 15 Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Yeah, hi, me. I'm also in the "its reassuring" camp, but I'm not a big fan of baby movement. It almost always hurts or is at least uncomfortable. Youchies.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#13 of 15 Old 08-18-2007, 12:59 AM

My dd was super annoying while she was inside me. She was always sticking an elbow out so far I could see it. It drove me nuts! I would sometimes push it back in. She could kick so hard she would wake me. She wound up to be a super high needs baby. This baby seems to be much more mellow, thankfully.
#14 of 15 Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 AM

How do you all know where their head/feet are? I feel like I have no idea which way she is positioned.

I, too, get uncomfortable jabs in the belly button area. Rolls and stretches are usually my favorite movements, but sometimes they just feel altogether weird. I also feel pain in my ovary area on the left side...not sure if she's really kicking it or whether it is my bladder or something else and it just has the same sensation. Feels like the same pain as when I ovulate so not sure...
#15 of 15 Old 08-18-2007, 02:05 PM

Yeah, add me to the times 2 camp! It is a very odd sensation to have two of them wiggling around at the same time. I love it though and always miss it after they are born.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page