ERGO baby carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought an ergo baby carrier as a gift for my husband who was not crazy about my slings and wraps. I tried it on yesterday. My DS has been sick for more than a week and I wanted to get some house work done while tending to him. It fit on back. I did not think I could wear it while pregnant. I am short and the ERGO went over my low hips and shoulders not even touching my belly. I am so excited. Is anyone else using an ergo while pregnant?
#2 of 6 Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 AM

I did for a while, but then I came to the realization that my 40lb 4 yr old was capable of walking...
#3 of 6 Old 08-29-2007, 11:17 AM

Kelli

I am really wanting to get one but need to wait due to $$. I am getting a hand-me-down Moby for the new baby which excites me beyond belief and want to add an Ergo to our list of carriers at some point. I've heard awesome things about them.

My friend used her's through her entire pregnancy (her DS is almost 2 and she just delivered a few weeks ago) and swore it was still super comfy.

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#4 of 6 Old 08-29-2007, 11:51 AM

DH and I both love ours. I do love the older style one more than the newer one...which mades me think - anyone know if the infant insert will work in the older one?

Seriously, we are a sling loving family, but at a certain point, this became all we used...
#5 of 6 Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 PM

I've used the Ergo with my DD since pregnant, but I try to limit it since she is heavy! It does work pretty well though. Let me tell you, it's a sight to behold .
#6 of 6 Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 AM

I just spent two weeks on vacation walking around Portland and the beach with my 30 pounder in the Beco! I found that it actually feels a lot better if I hook the waist belt above my belly. It takes some getting used to when Little Dude wiggles, but otherwise it jsut slipped too low and he was uncomfortable.

It works well, but I think I'll still make a case for DH to get me a wrap

Tags
Ergo Baby , Ergo Baby Organic Carrier , Ergo Baby Carrier Camel W Camel , Ergo Baby Carrier Cranberry W Cranberry

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page