Very apparent head... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was about 4" below my bra this morning!!! Round, hard, and wouldn't move...just as the books describe. Not to mention how uncomfortable my belly felt.

This LO was starting to move to the head-down position, now s/he is back up!!! I have a flipper.

So I went swimming for about 45 minutes to loosen up my joints and such. Now I'm sitting on my birth ball. DH says I'm too worried. Do you think I am the one causing this? I wish I could just forget about it (especially since I'm only 28 weeks) but I can't.

I've tried things I've seen on spinningbabies as well as other things from the internet. I just wish s/he would turn head down and stay there so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore!

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
#2 of 10 Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM

My kid has his head up and then down and then hidden somewhere in the back at various times during the day... I remember Dylan doing the same thing up until the last couple weeks when he didn't have any room to move, and then he went head down to wait. I wouldn't fret at this point. Baby knows which way she's supposed to go.
#3 of 10 Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 PM

Oh yeah, no worrying allowed yet DD didn't get in to position until I was in the mid to late 30's. I can never tell what the heck this baby is doing.

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#4 of 10 Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 PM

Mine is flip flopping too. Today she is head down, but for the last 3 days she's been all over the place. I doubt if she'll be head down tomorrow. No worrying allowed yet! I agree. Especially since it's not your first. This one just has more room to move around.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#5 of 10 Old 09-05-2007, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

I just want to get her head down and then squat for awhile to keep her there...stuck. Haha.

I guess it is just something to think/worry about. Off to meditate.

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
#6 of 10 Old 09-05-2007, 11:24 PM

If I remember right, my last son had a head up under my ribs until his birth. I always had to sit leaning over

At that time I didn't pay attention to his positioning or worry about breech at all. Now I worry because I am protecting a homebirth and not wanting my mother to have the right to say "I told you so."

Anywhoo, he obviously flipped at some point last minute. I COULD be wrong and it was a butt, however, I really think it was his big head.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#7 of 10 Old 09-06-2007, 01:16 AM

This one's head (I think that's what it is- round and hard) mostly stays pooched out a little to the left of my navel most of the time. S/he squirms constantly these days though and I'm still getting some hellish kicks to the bladder and cervix. I'm 29/30 weeks depending on who you ask, so I'm not really worried about the baby being fixed in one position just yet, especially since I'm likely to go past my EDD anyway (MW says there's a VERY good chance I'll go to at least 41 weeks since that's how far I was when Pixie was born.)

I just figure if I hit 38 weeks and s/he's breech, I'll spend that week running around for acupuncture, standing on my head, doing external versions, getting hypnotized or whatever it takes to flip the right way!!! Until then, I'm not stressing about that... I refuse!!!

Manda

::Mommy to Pixie : 9-3-00 and Peri 11-15-07
#8 of 10 Old 09-06-2007, 08:41 AM

baby B keeps flipping - I can literally see the head bulge out my side while he figures out what to do. No comfortable at all. Last time it happened I went on all 4's and did pelvic rocking. That seemed to help with the pain.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#9 of 10 Old 09-06-2007, 10:06 AM

OMG this one's head is always jammed right under my ribs. Swimming helps move him down though. He's transverse right now so my midwife says "he's on his way down"... but honestly, he's been kind of like this the whole time. DH says he's like his dad, he likes to stretch out... there's more room this way! Sure, but it's uncomfortable for mama!

Not to worry, there's plenty of time. I asked my m/w the same question yesterday. She's not worried so neither am I.
#10 of 10 Old 09-06-2007, 10:16 AM

I *think* mine went head down this week.. the earlier you start webster Breech treatments witha chiro teh better the chance of babe flipping.. it can be done at any point but the earlier the better (I go 1x per week for that plus accupuncture and exercises etc) it is too early to worry but not too early to get pelvic balancing done... hope that helps

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page