Mothering Forum banner

Pants falling down, shirts falling up...

539 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  welldone 
#1 ·
ARG! Ok, I'm gonna get way bigger, I'm sure. Very little of my maternity clothes still fit. Who are these shirts made for anyhow? My shirts are up around my belly button, and my pants are falling down because I have to push them way below my belly to be at all comfortable.

Now that cooler weather is here in the northeast, I can't get away with comfy skirts. DH this morning suggested just wearing stretchy spandex pants. Oh yeah, because spandex looks great when you've just gained 35 pounds...

I may have to stop work early on account of not having anything to wear.
:

See less See more
#2 ·
Aww mama, hugs! I am there too! I'm noticing that my pants are getting longer (some practically falling down) because they ride so low under my belly
and my shirts are not long enough to cover the gap anymore. It does get a bit breezy!

I've found I have to have 2 maternity wardrobes, one for the beginning/middle and one for the end. The shirts for the end look like tents but they do cover the tummy... Maybe you can buy some bigger shirts (easier to justify if you're having more kids later) or borrow some from friends?

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleLlama
I'm really considering suspenders. Pretty ones, with sparkles and flair.
Absolutely. I'm considering togas, or large burlap sacs. Maybe I'll but my expensive German wraps to use and wear them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.