Full Moon and Nov.DDC babies... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2007, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, full moon last night. And now, at my last count we've got no less than 3 mamas in our DDC in labor last night/today. DH said that as a cop he's seen firsthand that full moons cause a noticeable increase in crime..and I know they staff Labor and Delivery wards double on full moon nights. My midwife today said though that she gets more babies on the waning moon ( after the full moon) than on full. Hmmm..I wonder if the babes in our DDC are just more lunarly-sensitive or something? :

And on that note...

I'M NEVER GOING INTO LABOR.

I'm 37 weeks. I'm ready. DH is ready. House is set up. I hurt. I am ready to meet this baby girl. But i have determined that I will not only go to my due date (just fate spiting me, because I was 2 weeks early with DS so everyone is expecting me to go early this time), but I will go overdue. Dh's family is coming in from TN for Thanksgiving, expecting to see the baby, and all they will get to see is me, fat, irritated, and pregnant.

I'm cranky. I want a slurpee and a nap. Then maybe an apple fritter and to watch Pirates of the Caribbean on the couch. But instead I have to clean up junk all over the apartment and do laundry. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 06:18 PM

LMAO Lisa, I could have typed your post word for word. My MW said that I am 1 of 3 pts left that are due anywhere near now. Everyone else has delivered over the past 2 days including last night. One of the 3 of us is already dilated to 6 and could go at any moment, me and the other mama are just sitting at 1.5

God, apple ANYTHING sounds so good right now and yes I am really ready to have this baby. We are all set around our house too. DS was 2.5 wks early, so I've been dealing with the "oh this one will come early too" thing from the start. Well I am at 38 today so looks like this babe is determined to cook longer than his/her brother did.

I am stuck at work, and all I really want is gelato but DH has all of the cash at home and we just closed our bank account so I am stuck here without any money to get any

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 PM

The full moon things seems true for labor and the crazies too.

I want a slurpee. That sounds good. I have eaten 10 receese peanut butter cups today.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 PM

I agree with full moons causing crazies. I had a bunch of crazy patients at work last night. I wish I had a Valium salt lick to put in each room. : It does seem like there are a lot of or ddc moms laboring or delivering now!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:32 PM

DH and I looked and looked for the moon last night at about 6am EST (was 12am here) and didn't see a thing! Man, I really wanted to at least see the moon.

Stacie (34)
DH (34) ~ DDs (14, 11, 10) ~ DS (6) ~ (11/06) ~ DD (3) ~ DS (1) ~ Surpise BFP 7/2011 pos.gif

Yes, I have a blog for moms too orngbiggrin.gif

Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick79 View Post
LMAO Lisa, I could have typed your post word for word. My MW said that I am 1 of 3 pts left that are due anywhere near now. Everyone else has delivered over the past 2 days including last night. One of the 3 of us is already dilated to 6 and could go at any moment, me and the other mama are just sitting at 1.5

God, apple ANYTHING sounds so good right now and yes I am really ready to have this baby. We are all set around our house too. DS was 2.5 wks early, so I've been dealing with the "oh this one will come early too" thing from the start. Well I am at 38 today so looks like this babe is determined to cook longer than his/her brother did.

I am stuck at work, and all I really want is gelato but DH has all of the cash at home and we just closed our bank account so I am stuck here without any money to get any

Mmm.. gelato. I hope you can send your DH out for some tonight!
I dont even know how dilated I am.. I haven't lost my plug yet, so I imagine I am not even to 1.5. I will have the MW check me at next week's visit.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackray View Post
The full moon things seems true for labor and the crazies too.

I want a slurpee. That sounds good. I have eaten 10 receese peanut butter cups today.
DARN you woman, now not only do I want a slurpee I want a Reese's too.

I'm terrible with slurpees. They're like kryptonite for me. I don't smoke, I rarely ever drink, i don't read PErez Hilton, I just drink slurpees..the cola ones. Dont think I will be able to convince DH that I need caffeine and sugar quite that badly that he'd go get me one tonight.
He DID take me out for a hawaiian cheeseburger (gr. beef, pineapple, teriyaki sauce, cheddar cheese ) and a choc milkshake last night cus I couldnt bear the thought of cooking or opening yet another can of soup this week. :
Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooeyRN View Post
I agree with full moons causing crazies. I had a bunch of crazy patients at work last night. I wish I had a Valium salt lick to put in each room. : It does seem like there are a lot of or ddc moms laboring or delivering now!

When I was working ( I was a hospice CNA), we used to say on full moon nights we wanted to pump Ativan in through the air conditioning, so that not only the patients got it but their families as well :. That always ended up being the nights where family members of the dying patients decided to get into fights, literally across the patient's bed, or decide that they wanted to take their moments-from-death-from-terminal-cancer family member to a rehab facility, RIGHT NOW.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHippo
I'M NEVER GOING INTO LABOR.
I really empathize with you. I've driven on every bumpy road around here--and trust me, there are plenty--trying to get my water to break. No dice. Imagine the glee I will feel when it actually happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHippo
I want a slurpee and a nap.
That is so funny. I was just thinking the other day about how I haven't had a Slurpee in years, and how (no matter how awful they are for you) it sounded sooooo good.

This is now the official Slurpee Lust Thread. I don't even know where to find one around here!

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldone View Post

That is so funny. I was just thinking the other day about how I haven't had a Slurpee in years, and how (no matter how awful they are for you) it sounded sooooo good.

This is now the official Slurpee Lust Thread. I don't even know where to find one around here!
OK. I am in Denver. Everyone hop on over here and we'll have one great big preggo Slurpee Party! There's a 7-11 right down the street from my apartment. I'll even buy!
As an alternative to slurpees, Sonic ( the drive-in burger place) makes the fabulousness that is the Cherry Lime Slush. I drank so many of those when pg with DS that DH and I used to joke that our son would be born with slushie for blood.

Hehe, I told DH ( a Tennessee boy) when we got married that as a stipulation in our marriage I could never move to a state or nation that didn't have 7-11s. Thats how much I like me some slurpees:. So, Tennessee is out.

User Tag List