Late joiner - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have no idea if I posted way back when. It says my last visit was in July. :X Anyway, I'm April Dawn, due with Lucy who is #3 and my second home waterbirth. My daughter Livie will be 6 on Nov 12, Levi turned 3 on April 16th and Lucy is expected sometime around Nov 10. Livie came on her "due" date and Levi was 5 days late so I have no idea when Lucy will be here. Obviously. I have the same midwife set up as last time. The poor woman. With my previous pregnancy and this one I didn't contact her til I was 37 weeks pregnant. LOL

Ummm not much else to say. For some reason with this pregnancy I am SO eager to go into labor. I don't remember being so antsy with the other two. My best friend who is a doula is due the day before me (I have no idea how we managed that lol) and she's antsy too. I was laughing at her tonight because we're both complaining to each other about "still" being pregnant and we're not even "due" yet. Silly us! I haven't even received my birth kit and pool yet from the midwife. Her jacuzzi isn't even ready either.

Oh I'm doing the hypnobabies.com homestudy. Anyone else?
#2 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 12:41 AM

Hey there!!! Glad that you are posting and welcome to the last few weeks wait It sure is fun isn't it?

I've heard great things about hypnobabies, but haven't tried it with any of mine.

Proud mama to DD#1 (11) DS (4) and DD#2 ( 2 )
#3 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 12:43 AM

Hi, I was a late joiner too, I lurked for awhile but didn't post much.

I am doing hypnobirthing... but I have a question about hypnobabies. I was thinking of ordering the hypnobabies breastfeeding cd... do you think it matters that I didn't do their program. Hypnobirthing has doesnt' have a specific breastfeeding one.

A lot of people seem to love hypnobabies, out of curiousity what does it say to do when labor starts... I hear it is more clear on what to do in labor. I really like hypnobirthing and I LOVED the class I took, but it is a little more vague.

Kimberly
(Mama to West (11/07) Mabel Kelly 10/02/09)
#4 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

You can definitely do the hypnobabies breastfeeding cd without doing the program. One has nothing to do with the other. I've heard great things about the sleep cd too.

I read the hypnobirth book and just totally was disappointed in it compared to the hypnobabies homestudy. Hypnobabies is really in depth and you have "scripts" (30 minutes of listening to hypnosis stuff) that you listen to daily to teach you how to use self hypnosis. It changes from week to week plus there are daily affirmations for pregnancy. I really love it and I listen to it at night when I'm in bed and I sleep so well. Some nights when I can't sleep I pass out the minute I hear her voice. It doesn't matter if you sleep it's all about the subconscious. Plus you get two "study" books. ONe for you and one for your birth partner or support team. Then there is a wonderful yahoo group full of supportive women from hospital birthing women to ucing women so there are all kinds of great advice.

As for when labor starts you basically just listen to the scripts recommended. There is one you cannot listen to til 38 weeks because of strong suggestions to start labor and then there are two others one for early labor and one for pushing stage. They guide you through deep relaxation and such. I can't recommend it enough.
#5 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 PM

Hey Mama! Welcome to the group.

I feel like I know you. I followed your story and prayed for you and baby Levi. I'm glad he's doing so perfectly!
#6 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackray View Post

I feel like I know you. I followed your story and prayed for you and baby Levi. I'm glad he's doing so perfectly!
Ditto!!

You might not remember me...but we met briefly while you were first in Boston at the RMH. I think of you and Levi often. So glad things are going well!!

And yeah!! for #3!!

Doing Hypnobabies myself, but have kind of fallen off the wagon lately. I know they say its ok to sleep, but I go right to sleep, no matter what time of day, what I'm doing...I'm interested to see if it does help during birthing. I did something similar with DS, and it worked beautifully...so, keeping my fingers crossed for another great birth!

Welcome back!!
#7 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the tips.

I really like hypnobirthing... I can see how if you only read the book it would seem lacking... the book is meant to be used with the classes. In the class we learn a lot and have many scripts... I love that my DH can get involved too... we mostly practice together, with him reading the scripts to me (versus listening to the cd's... though I do like listening to them when I get my acupuncture). There just isn't' a "your in labor now what cd"... though our teacher did give us a labor cheat sheet.

Anyway... happy almost baby time!

Kimberly
(Mama to West (11/07) Mabel Kelly 10/02/09)
#8 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 04:06 PM

Welcome back!
#9 of 13 Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Welcome! I am a hypnobirthing mama...it is definitely an excellent program (as is hypnobabies, just hypnosis in general, woo hoo). I hope you have an excellent birth, and soon like you're hoping.

Valerie, wife to Kevin, mother to Elena (4), Jonathan (2), and twins, Andrew and Benjamin (2/2010)
#10 of 13 Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocyte View Post
Ditto!!

You might not remember me...but we met briefly while you were first in Boston at the RMH. I think of you and Levi often. So glad things are going well!!

And yeah!! for #3!!

Doing Hypnobabies myself, but have kind of fallen off the wagon lately. I know they say its ok to sleep, but I go right to sleep, no matter what time of day, what I'm doing...I'm interested to see if it does help during birthing. I did something similar with DS, and it worked beautifully...so, keeping my fingers crossed for another great birth!

Welcome back!!
Thanks! Um did you come to those house when I was napping? That's the only thing I remember lol. Seems like a life time ago! Levi is now 3.5, no signs of reoccurance, finally sort of talking. 2-3 word sentences, knows his colors and so on and so forth. I have pics on myspace.com/thatfatbaby. You'll have to send me a friend request or something if you want to see my photo albums.

My dh and I were just talking yesterday about if we'll be paranoid with this baby or not. If she cries alot...probably. That's what Levi did those first weeks. Non stop unconsolable crying. But thankfully I've been too busy to dwell on it.

I have to go take a bath before Livie wakes up for school. ttyl
#11 of 13 Old 10-29-2007, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackray View Post

Thank you. We definitely wouldn't have made it through without everyone's support. He's an amazing little guy. We are very blessed to be his parents.
#12 of 13 Old 10-29-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatBaby View Post
Thanks! Um did you come to those house when I was napping? That's the only thing I remember lol.
Yes, I think your right!! It was a long time ago...my little man was a baby himself then. I just remember my heart aching for you - I couldn't even begin to imagine going through all that with a baby, nevermind in a new city, etc.

I just got a myspace account not that long ago - let me try and figure it out!! I'd so love to see pix's of him!
#13 of 13 Old 10-29-2007, 01:18 PM

Location: behind my computer or between my angels in the PNW.
welcome back mama!!!!!!

joy.gifproud solo vegan mama to fambedsingle2.gif dd, 9 spitdrink.gif & ds,4  moon.gif. "it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness" -chinese proverb  candle.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page