OT: TMI, my bikini line! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-09-2007, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, you probably don't want to hear this...but I need help! I started waxing late last spring and have been really happy with it.

Last time I had my bikini line waxed, though, I got a lot of ingrown hairs for the first time. I figured that it was because of late pregnancy...so I skipped it last time I had my legs waxed. Well, the bumps keep getting worse...and of course the hair is getting longer. I woke up with a really big, painful one this morning. Yuck!

I don't know what to do. I skipped the wax because I was worried about having any unnecessary discomfort on top of the normal soreness, lochia etc after I give birth. But, it didn't seem to help. What can I do at this point? It's probably not a good idea to wax unhappy, broken skin. What will help get rid of these painful, ugly bumps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-09-2007, 12:48 PM

Location: behind my computer or between my angels in the PNW.
witch hazel, maybe? or......calendula cream/gel? i'd also call your waxer and see what she says... so sorry to hear about your bumps! i don't wax but get bumps when i shave.....

joy.gifproud solo vegan mama to fambedsingle2.gif dd, 9 spitdrink.gif & ds,4  moon.gif. "it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness" -chinese proverb  candle.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-09-2007, 12:49 PM

i don't even bother with upkeep in that area while pregnant, and i just got a couple ingrown hairs....go figure!

i have just trimmed up so it doesn't get caught, and all that nasty stuff. :
#4 of 4 Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Shaving is awful for me... This is NOTHING compared to that.

Maybe the bumps have nothing to do with the waxing, then... I'll just keep exfoliating and I'll also try the witch hazel and calendula.

Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page