Overdue/waiting mama thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 144 Old 11-24-2007, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here. I'm 41 weeks today and I thought something was happening yesterday but it ended up being a false alarm : I did break down and have the midwife check me last Wednesday and I am 3cm dilated but it doesn't seem to be mattering much!

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#62 of 144 Old 11-24-2007, 01:10 AM

I'll join this thread now--due date was yesterday. I didn't really expect for the baby to come yesterday, but I guess I thought I would have something going on by now. No such luck.

I went into L&D today for a non-stress test, and the resident who was checking my strip told me I had stay hooked up for a little bit longer because they weren't getting the accelerations they were looking for--they had one good one when they hooked me up and then just spikes. He said either the baby show the accels they wanted or we would start talking about inducing. : Um--no thank you. My baby is perfectly fine. Resident left the room and my husband starting jostling my belly. Baby's heart rate went right up, and we got to leave. Very annoying. I just think about women who are less informed, and how they would probably accept the induction right then and there.

I'm trying to stay positive; I know he'll come when he's ready. I just hope it's before 42 weeks...
#63 of 144 Old 11-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Time for my daily update - still here! 40w, 3d. nothing doing, though I had a dream last night that my water broke.
Chrysalis - I am so unconvinced that I will ever go into labor that I don't even have a hospital bag packed. Didn't with ds either. I have a mental list, but the truth is that all I need is my cell phone and my camera to start. Anything else can be brought to me by dh later since we are only about 10-15 minutes away from the hospital.
Anyway, I have to go tomorrow morning to get an us from my md to check fluid levels. I don't want to know how big the baby is, since it will only add to my anxiety, as it did last time.

caffix.gif  Mom to DS (8/31/04) and DD (11/30/07), EDD 12/15/11!!!
#64 of 144 Old 11-24-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieK View Post
though I had a dream last night that my water broke.
Oh god, aren't dreams like that annoying as hell? I've had several dreams where I was *trying* to birth the baby instinctually, but something invisible kept shoving it back in!!! Not exactly the most encouraging dreams there :
#65 of 144 Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 PM

Location: behind my computer or between my angels in the PNW.
this is a portion from a xpost from my itchy va-gi-gi thread...

MW also gave me some homeopathic remedies to take in am and in pm and alternate them...(i will start these tonight...kind of nervous though!!!) one is black (or is it blue...i get them mixed up...) cohosh in it...she figured i wouldn't be up for tincture of it...i said NO WAY. i've seen how powerful that stuff can be as a doula. whew! she also said next week at 41 wx or so, we'd do a NST to cover bases and make sure baby is alright in there and that week 42 i believe, would be an u/s to make sure all is well. sigh..................now i'm starting to feel the pressure on. i'm only 40 wx for petes sake...MW feels i'll go way before 42 wx but........sigh. now i'm a lit-tle STRESSSSSED out. come on sheamas. come on.

i don't like feeling like the race is on to get baby OUT. : i want him to just come on his own good time...yet i'm ready. but i definitely do not like our caregivers calling the shots as if going past 42 wx is so awful...most of us seem to go to that or after. so we must be 'normal' in our gestation times... sigh. frustrates me, this 42 wk deadline.

this annoying mother at the local childrens museum today asks me when i'm due. i wanted to say dec. 5th. or...none of your biz. or just ignore her. or tell her september or something to really throw her. lol then she asks me if there is just one in there or...? i was like OMG in my head.........i said no, just one. then turned my back on her. like i'm sorry but i'm not THAT huge. maybe to skinnies like her, she wasn't as big but jeesh. what-EVER. and my mother will pipe in as she has been lately thinking she's so damn cute and funny when people ask my due date...she'll say TWO DAYS AGO!!! she is really f-ing annoying me to no end lately w/ her stupidity and i feel as if this woman (my mother that is...) doesn't even 'like' or enjoy me. she says she loves me so immensely but i don't feel it. then she comes over and SHE is ready to go to the childrens museum and cuz SHE is dressed and ready to go all of a sudden, she expects us to jump and get going right away. lol i was walking around w/out panties trying to air out and heal my vagina. megh was butt naked...i was going to call my mom when we were ready. when megh initially called my mom this morning to ask if she wanted to go the museum w/ us today my mom immediately tells megh she'll ask greg (her boyf) if he'd like to and will let us know. like wtf? we didn't INVITE greggy poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we invited nanny! grrrrrrr : i think my mom is co dependent w/ him and fears being away too long when he is home/off work. not that he hurts her or even yells or anything i don't think...but i think she gets pressured and guilt tripped and he definitely calls her upon a few hours if she says she will be a 'few hours'. i can tell when he's home she feels she needs to get back there asap. its ridiculous. she'd say its respect and a part of their relationship...whatever. not buyin' it. like get a life. oh and she came over holding the 2 copies of MY will SHE wants notarized like yesterday. i said what is WITH you......i said you got some control issues, mama. she was like i don't want 'him' (meaning tom) to get custody of meghan. i was like first of all, if i died, he wouldn't know for a long while. second of all, he isn't that smart. third of all, the courts would probably choose YOU over him easily. she's all freaked out about losing meghan. like hello chicky, she is MY dd. i wanted so badly to say YOU are not MY first choice. who the heck do you think you ARE!? grrrrrrrr : my mom can be fun sometimes but mostly she annoys and angers me. she's like 'i think EVERYONE has control issues of some sort or another...' this is her way of justifying HER control issues. whate-EVER... i don't know why i'm so 'close' w/ my mom when we aren't even 'close' at all. she is soooooooooo avoidant and distant and controlling of me. i can tell she gets jealous when megh and i are real close and megh isn't pushing me away or favoring her.....like today at the museum, they had these cut out leaves for kids to write what they are thankful for on......megh told me to write 'i am thankful for my mama.'. awww that made my heart soar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she told my mom and i could see on my moms face she was so friggin' envious. how juvenile!!! it is like she is competitive w/ me in a way...i don't know how to describe her...she's really weird. and i need some laundry done, there isn't a w/d here in my condo or hers so we have to walk it to the next building over and do it there. she wouldn't do it for me tonight, probably cuz her boyf is home...........whatEVER. so pathetic. i hate when women are like this...annoying. been there, done that...never again. she was like what do u need laundry done for? i was like um i have no clean shirts that fit over my belly and i need clean panties, socks,etc.? like HELLO? and i cannot carry it, mama!!! she knows this. but didn't budge. i wanted to scream at her so many things............god i need to get independent. but i don't want to be away from my kids too long. this is the sucky part of being single mama. gotta get money. i'm sure after a few months my mom is going to be asking about child support from tom.......if it were my choice i'd leave it be and never mind that. it gives him rights and it gives me a headache. anyway................................i'm tired of my mom calling the shots. and i'm financially so strung up by her and her boyf right now its hard to just say NO to the will thing and NO to the child support thing and so forth.

lol megh is asking me 'how many santas are there? all different ones....' she's onto the santa thang. pretty cute. :

anyway...we'll see what this homeopathic stuff does....i have caulophyllum and gelsemium semp. anyone familiar w/ these? have you taken them? MW says it has helped some of her moms move along... hmmm. we shall see. my body is pretty sensitive so i wouldn't doubt it might help me. eeeks i'm kind of nervous. gonna clean the house up a little before i go to bed!!!

joy.gifproud solo vegan mama to fambedsingle2.gif dd, 9 spitdrink.gif & ds,4  moon.gif. "it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness" -chinese proverb  candle.gif

#66 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Chysalis, I have heard of those homeopathics but no personal experience with either. They are both mentioned in the "herbal for the childbearing year" book that I have as some of the gentlest ways to get the body ready for labor.

I am increasingly tired, achy, and grumpy. Being active really makes my hip and pelvis hurt... yesterday I did too much I guess because I could not sleep last night without pain. I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow. The only thing that is slightly amusing to me right now is when people ask when I'm due, and I say 2 weeks ago. I like to watch their face! Until they start asking when I'm going to be induced, then I just get PO'ed. I am glad at least that my MW puts no pressure on me.

I can't believe this whole Thanksgiving break has passed with no baby... I was really counting on my mom having this 5 days off to come and help with the house and kids after baby came. That was the biggest chunk of help I was going to have and now it is gone.

Not that it matters, because this baby is never going to come out...
#67 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 01:42 PM

undercoverhippie, your MW sounds great in that aspect. is she a LM? mine is...and she now has a birth center so i think she is just also covering her ass. i really hope i go before 42 wx cuz i dread what she's going to say if i don't. hopefully these homeopathics are helping w/ something...i seem lower and baby seems to be running out of room in there so hopefully he'll start the journey OUT. i am soooo not looking forward to labor though...i feel terrified just thinking of the pain. i feel like such a wimp...i'm just so scared it'll freak me out......that i'll be so absolutely terrified of how my body will be feeling.......but i'm ready to do this. i gotta think like the little engine that could......i think i can i think i can i think i can..........i know i can i know i can i know i can............................................... ..woo! woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang in there mamas who are still w/ baby. this forum is funny now, its mostly talk about babies who have been born vs. babies still in utero. i feel like now i just come to this thread. lol our own little coven.

joy.gifproud solo vegan mama to fambedsingle2.gif dd, 9 spitdrink.gif & ds,4  moon.gif. "it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness" -chinese proverb  candle.gif

#68 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
this forum is funny now, its mostly talk about babies who have been born vs. babies still in utero. i feel like now i just come to this thread. lol our own little coven.
LOL, you're right. It is weird not being able to "participate" in so many of the threads. We may have to go join the December mamas who are still talking about being preggo instead of babies! Oh well, we will all being holding our babies before long... it feels like forever but none of this can last forever.

Yes, my MW is a lay MW and our state has no regulations that she has to follow... we are very lucky. She has 30+ years of experience so she is very laid back about these things. Sometimes I almost wish she would "do something" instead of just reminding me that this is normal, but I don't really wish that--I wouldn't have hired her if there was going to be any pressure. I had that my first time and I'm so glad I'm not facing that again!
#69 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 03:32 PM

hi all,

I am 41 weeks tomorrow and feeling like this baby is just never coming out... undercover, I read your comments about feeling like this stage just is and being pregnant is just how things are and it isnt going to change... I have been feeling like that too but have had trouble getting my thoughts straight in my head - thank you for putting it so well

big hugs (to get round the ever growing bumps!) to all overdue mamas

sahm mama to dd1 08/08/06 and dd2 27/11/07.. dreaming of her own smallholding one day...
#70 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM

i would have chosen a home birth probably w/ a DE type MW, but this condo isn't the place for that i don't think...not sure how loud i'd be and don't want neighbors to complain or feel like i have to be hindered...

i so do love my MW but i do feel sometimes i'm dealing w/ a CNM. : come on baby...................come ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! it does feel as if he is never coming OUT. sigh.

i just took about an hour nap while megh watched noggin on TV-that was nice. i was sooo tired. maybe its these homeopathics??? i could sleep all day i think. my mother wants me to go meet my landlord who we have yet to meet in person. guess he'll be at the resort for a meeting today and wants to meet us. ugh. just what i want to be doing today...i bet my mom is going to be watching me for every freakin' word i speak and my every action. it is like she looks down on me. i don't like that. like i'm never good enough. never whatever enough. whatever. i still have been pondering what the hell i'm going to do to provide for these kiddos...i'm going to have to leave sheamas to work and that absolutely SUCKS for me to even think about. w/ megh i refused to do that so i did childcare. i don't have a place i can do childcare in righ now so that's a dilemma. i'm on a year lease too...my mom just did that w/out asking me when hooking us up w/ this place. i need some sort of money flowing in besides the little i do get. ugh. i'm overwhelmed. i just want to sleep some more. its overcast and gray out there and i just feel so tired.

i do love this thread...our own little ODD club. lol no i don't like to think of myself as overdue but it sure does feel like this boy is never wanting to leave the inside of me.

#71 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover Hippie View Post
The only thing that is slightly amusing to me right now is when people ask when I'm due, and I say 2 weeks ago.
Haha, I am right there with you. When they ask, I say I am due the 14th and of course they think December. And then I say no, November 14th. The first question is when are you going to induce. I look at it like I have had the chance to educate a number of people at this point about the risks of induction and about the natural process of birth, etc.

I am 41 weeks 4 days today. My mornings are going well, but by the afternoon I am feeling crummy and pissed that I am not in labor yet. I am glad my DH is so supportive and optimistic. He is helping me stay sane. I have my 42 week appointment scheduled for Tuesday. I really hope I don't have to go. Thankfully my midwife is happy to let me go as long as needed, but I don't want to go any more. I too feel like I will never actually have this baby.

Mama to Kage (12/07) and Ember (6/09)
#72 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganLove View Post
My mornings are going well, but by the afternoon I am feeling crummy and pissed that I am not in labor yet. I am glad my DH is so supportive and optimistic. He is helping me stay sane.
I am the opposite, I'm the most emotional in the morning, because I expect labor to start overnight so each morning is a reminder that it didn't happen. By lunchtime I have perked up/distracted myself a bit and then by evening I am just tired and ready to end this day so we can get to another night and hopefully a baby.

My DH is my rock right now too. He is the only one I want to talk to or be with. Unfortunately he is working 60 hours a week now so I see him for a few hours each evening and all day Sunday and that's it. I really can't stand to call or talk to anyone else, no matter how well meaning it just doesn't work for me.
#73 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 05:00 PM

ok now i'm pissed. as i started here, i went to chug my melon flavored gatorade and nothing is coming out in my mouth...the friggin' top portion of the thing is FROZEN! grrrrrrrrrrr.

i also don't feel like talking or mingling w/ anyone...i'm very to myself. i'm like that when not pg a lot too, but especially now. i have mamas i should meet up w/ to get slings and such from but i just avoid it if i'm too tired to even say hi in person. or on the phone.

as for anyone being my rock right now...its probably me, myself and i.....and my MW helps too. but her mentioning the NST coming up if i don't have him by then and the U/S at like 41.5 wx is making me a little uneasy to say the least.......................megh is often a great comfort for me too. my mom's sister calls her often to see if the baby has come yet and it is so annoying to me because i never see this 'aunt' of mine.......its like just gossip for her or something. she has only met meghan once and that was cuz i was passing thru chicago on my way back from maine to oregon when i nanny'd there...what a nightmare THAT turned out to be. i want to grab the phone and say wtf do you care for........you aren't a part of my life lady.

i really thought his boy would be born before my EDD so this is weird for me to re-adjust. seems like everyone i know has expected him to come from 25 wx on. pfffff! megh was born at 41-something wx so maybe any day now sheamas will come...........................? maybe??????????????? one of these days.................????soon???? come on sheamas give me a sign.........please.

i soooo do not want to go out in this cold/weather, but i have GOT to get megh out there to ice skate or something. (our resort has an ice rink)

#74 of 144 Old 11-25-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:

My DH is my rock right now too. He is the only one I want to talk to or be with. Unfortunately he is working 60 hours a week now so I see him for a few hours each evening and all day Sunday and that's it. I really can't stand to call or talk to anyone else, no matter how well meaning it just doesn't work for me.
Dh not so much a rock, but unavoidable at the moment. I have had to "educate" him regarding what not to say to me (basically, everything having anything to do with baby, pregnancy, food, scheduling for the next month, you get the idea). And I hear you re: not being able to talk to anyone else. I went for my NST this AM in the hospital (totally fine, thank G-d), and my doctor told me my mother had called the labor floor at some point over the weekend to find out if I was there. Can you imagine?

#75 of 144 Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 AM

42 weeks 4 days now, but I have a brainfart as to how to keep myself a little less one edge---I realized my edd was based on the start of my LMP, but I found I feel a LOT better about going "overdue" if I deduct that "period week" and start the gestational countdown from the first day after the last day of my last period (follow me still?) Why does that make me feel better? Because it puts me at a more accurate max "overdue" length of 41 weeks 4 days

I just wish my cycles were more...."fixed" than they are, they've always varied from as little as 23 days to as much as 35 days....After this one's born, I need to chart myself and figure out an average ovulation timeframe to fall back on instead of using the period dates...That is, if we have another bundle of joy down the road someday.

Either way, I still don't have my bottomless pit of a screamin', hollerin' poop machine yet! And considering the trampoline act they were doing in there yesterday morning, I'm a little on the sore side in a few spots! I swear, I think this kid might have bruised me a little internally, where I was getting kicked and punched repeatedly for a few hours. SOMEBODY'S back to their earlier gestation antics of going nuts in there every morning (starting up again now already today....) I thought by now they'd hardly have room to move limbs, let alone kick, punch, roll, sommersault, etc....Man, was I WRONG about that one.
#76 of 144 Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 AM

Joining the overdue ladies now. Due yesterday, no signs of labor. I was early with all my other three..don't know what the hold up is, but seems like everyone has been asking "baby yet?" for at LEAST three weeks already. The kids are anxious and so are dh and I. Its so exhausting this waiting and wondering..waiting for our lives to turn upside-down it seems.

I keep wondering if I'm holding the baby in because I'm not ready yet? I don't know. My brain is so unreliable and my moods shift so easily between "I can do this" and "WWAAAAAAH....I can't do this....what was I thinking?!" : :

I have a NST at 1 p.m. today...never had one of those before...what exactly is the point having one at one day past due anyhow? :
#77 of 144 Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM

still here.... still nowhere near having a baby.... if my cervix would just *start* to efface or dilate (or heck, even soften slightly!!! I am at 41 weeks!!!) I might have some hope of ever giving birth but no... I think I am destined to be pregnant for ever

sahm mama to dd1 08/08/06 and dd2 27/11/07.. dreaming of her own smallholding one day...
#78 of 144 Old 11-26-2007, 02:56 PM

I tried checking my cervix yesterday. I couldn't find it. So maybe I can't reach over my huge belly to check it accurately, but it just seems very far out of reach. This is not a positive sign, I think.
#79 of 144 Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Hey girls, hope you don't mind me dropping in. I am still obsessed with updating the countdown so I keep an eye out for talk of induction, contractions, etc. If you all feel better though, I can keep my baby-having nose out of here!! Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie9984 View Post
And considering the trampoline act they were doing in there yesterday morning, I'm a little on the sore side in a few spots! I swear, I think this kid might have bruised me a little internally, where I was getting kicked and punched repeatedly for a few hours.
Lachlan started slamming on me just before I went into labor. Hopefully it's a good sign!!

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#80 of 144 Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM

I am starting the Baby Strike Club. Who wants to join me??? I am going on strike and refusing to have this baby. I can be stubborn too! This baby must take after his daddy because I hate being late to my appointments. AHHHH!!

I am 41 weeks and 5 days today. I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow. My cervix better have done something since last week. Last week it was still high up and actually behind the baby's head. They had a hard time getting to it. It was shut tight, but starting to soften some. We have been DTD daily, I am taking long walks, doing EPO internally at night and taking an herbal pill that tones the uterus (has RRL and other stuff in it and gives me lots of BH contractions). I might pull out the breast pump tonight and see if that does anything.

#81 of 144 Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

42 weeks today. Have never been here before--uncharted territory!

My cervix is like most of you have mentioned... up high, kind of behind baby's head, where I can't really reach it to check. So I have no idea how dilated I am other than to guess a few cm... I think I am rather soft and effaced but that's a lot harder for me to guesstimate. At this point, I figure my cervix probably won't change until labor actually starts... but hey, none of us should lose hope, haven't we all known someone who was totally closed and 6 or 12 hours later they were holding a baby???

I'm not really doing anything to try to get baby out. From my own past experience I have decided that it does feel better when I am doing something, but that it also gets my hopes up and ultimately the disappointment is worse for me... and none of it will work until baby is ready... at which point it would have happened anyway. Just my convoluted logic!

Hang in there ladies, at least we have each other and as bizarre as this limbo land is, it really cannot last forever, seriously (reminding myself of that too).
#82 of 144 Old 11-27-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hang in there ladies, at least we have each other and as bizarre as this limbo land is, it really cannot last forever, seriously (reminding myself of that too).
Except, where is everyone today??? I'm not suddenly the only one left am I???
#83 of 144 Old 11-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Except, where is everyone today??? I'm not suddenly the only one left am I???
Nope--I'm here. Husband has had fun all pregnancy telling me all about his father's intuition. Today, his father's intuition said that the baby will come on Dec. 4th. I told him to shove it.

Baby's very squirmy against my cervix and, ahem, bowel. So much so that I wonder if he thinks he's supposed to come out my ass. Just my luck he inherits his father's sense of direction...
#84 of 144 Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
Nope--I'm here. Husband has had fun all pregnancy telling me all about his father's intuition. Today, his father's intuition said that the baby will come on Dec. 4th. I told him to shove it.

Baby's very squirmy against my cervix and, ahem, bowel. So much so that I wonder if he thinks he's supposed to come out my ass. Just my luck he inherits his father's sense of direction...

My friend sent me this e-mail today which made me laugh and laugh... just her tone of voice and the mental picture made me smile. Which is saying a lot considering all the other 9 million phone calls and e-mails I got today irritated the crap out of me. (Didn't get much sleep last night, I'm a little : ) So anyway, maybe someone else will get a kick out of it too...

Quote:
Hi!! Thinking, thinking, thinking of you oooooooopening like a flower (your cervix, that is). Every so often I think, "Oh! maybe you are in labor" or "Oh! Maybe you are pushing!" or "Oh! Maybe you are nursing that little bean for the first time." And then I get all sentimental and my milk lets down and then I slam my hands to my chest in public to make it stop and then people look at me funny. See what you're doing to me!
#85 of 144 Old 11-28-2007, 12:42 AM

Still here.... 40w, 6d. MD wants to induce Friday or Thurs night, depending on my exam on Thurs. I can't decide how I feel about it. If I knew it would result in a normal delivery, I would feel better, but I'm scared of winding up with a c-section. Now to figure out what to do with ds....

#86 of 144 Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 PM

I am still here too. 42 weeks today and freakin miserable and depressed. I saw my midwife yesterday. My blood pressure is good, the babies heart rate is good, still moving around, etc.

She gave me herbal laxatives which I took about 2:30 this morning. Got some runs around noon and have been pumping for 5 mins every half hour and also taking an herbal labor enhancer tincture. I just feel gross at the moment.

I am not sure how long I can hold on like this. I want the home birth. I want it natural. I don't want to be induced. Please baby come soon!

#87 of 144 Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 PM

I'm not at 42 weeks, like you ladies, I am either 41w1d or 40w1d.

No offense, but I don't want to be in that club.

Honestly, Are you a mess? Are you obsessively asking yourself all day long if this little twinge or that little sensation is "it?"

Do you go to bed every night and hope to wake up in labor? DO you wake up every morning and collapse into tears because here it is ANOTHER day pregnant? Then you begin to hope against all hopes that today is the last day, trying to force yourself into loving this belly for the LAST TIME.

Do you lay in bed at night trying to send your baby "please be born" thoughts without trying to give baby the impression that she's welcome INSIDE of your body- making it as clear as you can that she's welcome OUT and into the world?

Or do you try to convince yourself that you're OK being pregnant forever and try to send the baby thoughts that say "Use me and abuse me for as long as you like, I am your mother and I will remind you of this week for the rest of your life.

Do you avoid going out in public, and think of bitchy responses ahead of time in the hopes that anyone dares to make any sort of snide comment to you. Such as "Your belly is so cute, when are you due?" (Some people have such nerve!)

Do you PPUUUSSSSHHHHH every time you're on the toilet, in case it matters.

Are you obsessively inspecting the t.p. every time you wipe, turning it toward the sun in case there's the teeniest tinge of pink on it? I won't even wear my pink, red or maroon underpants anymore because the unnecessary excitement that is caused by their lint is just too much for me to handle.

Have you noticed, on your internal self-exams that you can FEEL the content of your bowels, and that it's a lot easier to empty them from there than with your wimpy pushes. Then do you wonder how you'll ever push out a baby with such an obviously defective body? I am sure I am the only one who has noticed that one, hot tip from a midwife friend. Enjoy.

So I guess the point here is hat I'm done. And I have analyzed every aspect and experience surrounding this done-ness and I'm still done. What more can possibly happen? Like I could GET more miserable.

If I weren't anti intervention, I would agree to have my membranes stripped. I haven't heard of negative consequences from that, in fact, I'd rather have THAT (with a soft cervix) than castor oil. Can you strip your own membranes? I don't think I can reach well enough for that.

Oh- and I'm still growing, too. I was at 45cm last week, then for a few days I was down to 44 because baby dropped. Now I am back up at 45 1/2 cm and STILL dropped. I'm sure you can relate to how hard it is to walk. I'll stop complaining now.
#88 of 144 Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarussell View Post

Do you avoid going out in public, and think of bitchy responses ahead of time in the hopes that anyone dares to make any sort of snide comment to you. Such as "Your belly is so cute, when are you due?" (Some people have such nerve!)
I keep coming to work, masochist that I am. I work in a library with a bunch of women who've probably never had sex, much less had a baby, and they ask the dumbest questions. Today it was: "So, what have they told you?" uh, who's they? "Your doctor. Has he changed your due date?" Um, I have a midwife, and no, they don't change your due date just because you blow by it without having a baby to show for it. "I heard so-and-so just had her baby and she wasn't due until December." Yeah, I heard that too. So what?

I need to stop coming here...

And sadly I don't get the "your belly is so cute" comments--I get things like "Good Lord! You're huge!" gee, thanks...
#89 of 144 Old 11-28-2007, 06:28 PM

I am a mess. A zombie. A depressed zombie. I can't take all the waiting and the questions...

Although I do enjoy telling people in public that I was due 3 days ago and watch their eyes get wide like my water is going to break on the floor of the Dollar General.

I check the stupid toilet paper every time. Nothing. I really don't expect to see anything, but I'm disappointed when I don't. Which is strange because I know I'll probably panic when I finally DO see something on the blasted t.p.

I have never had so many damn conflicting feelings in my life. I feel like I'm going completely nuts. All while the world goes about its business and I get up in the morning to drive kids to school and make dinner like everything is normal. I don't feel normal. I feel like I live in a parallel universe where time has ceased. Bizzaro land. Sometimes I feel completely calm and at ease and other times I feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin.

Its insane. This must end soon....which is the weird part. It HAS TO END SOON. But it feels like it NEVER WILL. :
#90 of 144 Old 11-28-2007, 06:38 PM

Aaargh. I just had a woman tell me it didn't look like the baby had dropped any. Mind your own damn business, lady. I do not need to hear about my uncooperative body from third parties.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page