Mothering Forum banner

Totally Stressed Out To The Max

497 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  chrysalis 
#1 ·
i am going to go to the dr. cuz this strep throat stuff doesn't seem to be going away. i woke up w/ sore ears and throat and i just all around am exhausted the last week. i want to feel at least a bit better... don't think amoxicillin nor the augmentin i'm on now has helped. i'm frustrated. god i just want some relief. and some energy to birth this baby for petes sake. my nerves are on edge and i just feel like i am depleted as a person.

#3 ·
UGh, strep is awful even when you're not pregnant. Try to rest up and take it easy as much as possible...remember your fluids and vitamins! Ever heard of Emergen-C?! Its a vitamin powder you can get at the health food store or Trader Joe's, even CVS or Rite-Aid carry it now I think. You dissolve it in water and drink it, it has all the B vitamins and tons of vitamin C. I drink it like crazy when I'm sick, it will give you some energy! Worked well for me when I had bronchitis in the Spring.

#5 ·
You poor thing. I hope that they can help you! I got strep a lot as a child and thankfully (*knock on wood*) it isn't around much as an adult. I just remember drinking lots of soup and tea. Oh, and rest rest rest.

Hopefully you feel better soon.

#8 ·
hi mamas, well...i went to dr. and he took another throat culture...no strep now. i don't know why i'm feeling so darn exhausted...maybe its all this moving and leaving tom stuff & end of pg thang that is just pooping me out now? maybe its all finally hitting me. who knows. my throat and ears don't hurt awfully bad which is great...its mainly this fatigue. it just sucks. i just napped from like 1-4pm. and i'm still exhausted. now i have to go to the store and megh wants to stay w/ my mom and her boyf. i'm really sad now. i wanted to be w/ my girl. i have a feeling 'nanny' (grandma) bought her something AGAIN at the store when they went out while i was napping. my mom really buys her love big time. tom didn't like that and i am seeing it also. she did it with me as a child as well. not very interactive. soooooooooooo looks like i'm going by myself to the store. which i feel is VERY mean and inconsiderate of my mom but hey no special prego treatment here. i notice people just expect so much out of us...since pg is so...common.
i haven't had any emergen-C as i haven't been up for even mixing it up. i do have some though...sigh. i feel so yuck. i think something more is wrong w/ me...hypoglycemia probably (i had it when younger i would not doubt if i still am...)/chronic fatigue syndrome. sigh........................................and now the car is apparently down by my moms condo and i have to walk there to retrieve it. my mom says "its good for you" and i wanted to spit at her over the phone. don't people know what NOT to say to a pg exhausted woman!!!??? she thinks baby is coming tomorrow. pfff. whatever. she read something that says babies usually come on tuesdays. well i better bundle up and walk...i mean waddle...down there. it was snowing i hope it comes back cuz it was making me smile.

#10 ·
thanks curlita. i said to the dr. today, shouldn't i have loads of energy to birth this baby? he said you will FIND it when it happens. lol ain't that the truth.
: i think its all just hittin' me now.......
: that is all i can think of. and its just draining my body big time. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. praying for a second wind...

#11 ·
i thinky i've got my second windy........! lets hope it stays!

went to the store, got me some boobie pads (lanolisan sp?) although i can't remember if those were my faves...it was between those and gerber's and i thought ummmm no. not gerber. i got 2 ice paks that are round, they have basketball pics on them...hee hee i'll probably feel like basketballs! and they have orange gel but i figure if i do get engorged as i did w/ megh i'll need those...i can heat them up in water if i want to not have cold...i thought of you mamas when i picked them out and put in cart...
:

got more brown cow yogurts and triscuits and sliced swiss cheese for the birth center...i'll take emergen-C too and mix w/ water in gatorade bottle...i better pack that up too.

got nose bulb syringe for baby and even got some infant grape tylenol just to be safe and have it here...got some cranberry emergen-C and some more orange...got some zicam nose swabber things...maybe that will help me feel better. feel like my ducks are in a row...i'm just waiting on baby Sheamas now. goddess how i want to meet that boy.

megh had a great time spent mostly today w/ her 'nanny' (grandma, my mother...) and then w/ my moms boyf greg too. just sitting around chatting and goofing around. that is so good for meghan. i'm happy. even though she chose to not go w/ ME to the store...i felt lonely and sad but it isn't fair to always have her be my security blankie when i feel that way... i felt dizzy walking...and so hot the past month especially...come on baby...come on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.