Cloth diaper approved butt creams? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to order/buy something now for that just in case. SOMEWHERE I have Weleda ointment. Is that okay? What else works?

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 AM

I'm not really much help here. I was in the local CD store and the woman had a tub of ointment she recommended for diaper rash, but I can't remember the name. (expensive, something like $14 for a very small pot) What she did say that might actually help is that you can use any cream you want if you just place a liner between the baby and the diaper. (something like a cloth wipe, or a bit of microfiber fleece, even an old cut up t-shirt...)

If I can remember the name of the ointment, I'll let you know...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 PM

I'm from the December DDC but came over for a visit to see what you girls were chatting about. I COULD have my baby in November as I'm due Dec. 4, so...

About your question, I read not long ago on the CD board that Aveeno is a good diaper rash cream and can be used with cloth diapers. So that's what I bought. You might get on their board, though, and ask again to make sure...I'd hate for my pg absent/crazy-mindedness to be responsible for ruining your CD collection!

Hope this helps!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 PM

I use Northern Essence. Their site is shut down at the moment because of relocating but they should be back up soon.

Here's a list of what is okay and what is not.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 PM

I use aquaphor at night as this babe seems to have sensitive skin (nothing usually during the day) but use a fleece liner also so I dont have to worry too much about buildup, etc.

NE stuff is amazing...somehow I dont have any now...guess I forgot about butt creeam needs!!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Does it have to be microfleece or regular fleece? He's got a red butt this morning from pooping so often so I used the only thing I have on hand: Weleda. It has zinc oxide in it and I think that's just going to stick to the dipes!!

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Old 11-28-2007, 07:00 PM

I think zinc oxide was one of the ingredients my local CD lady said to avoid. That, and anything petroleum based, like mineral oil...

I think regular old fleece would work fine as a liner...
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM

I also use Northern essence and have had no problems with my cloth diapers. The site is closed right now but I ordered mine from

babysbottomline.com
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 PM

Do not use Desitin. It will ruin your diapers. Trust me, I found out the hard way. :

I'm using Burt's Bees with a flushable liner bc I'm super paranoid now.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM

I've got to put in a plug for the diaper creme we're currently using, just in case anyone's dealing with horrid diaper rash like little James. He's had these terrible open sores on his bottom (ouch!). I tried Burt's Bee's and Weleda, and neither of those seems to make any progress (but they do smell nice...). The Ped. recomended Triple Paste, which is sold for adult incontinence rashes (same thing, I suppose). It's mostly Zinc Oxide. None of the ingredients look TOO terrible. But if you need a little something to get you through a bad rash, this may be the ticket. It has been for us. And the CD's seem to be faring just fine.

User Tag List