wren's birth...novel! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i made my labor narrative/wren's birth story a public entry on my journal in case any of you lovely mamas wanted to hear about it.

warning that it's kind of mammoth! but i've gotten some good feedback on it, so i'm hoping it must read kind of fast. here is part one (which is all about what i now know in hindsight was probably early labor!) and the second part (active labor etc) can be found here.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#2 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM

I just completely sobbed reading your birth story. You are an amazing writer. Congratulations on baby Wren. You are awesome and your family is beautiful.

I found your narrative of the whole labor and birth to be completely real...I too remember being completely polite while in labor and feeling like I was in a different world, suspended in time.

How wonderful of you to record all the thoughts that were running thru your head the whole time. Its PRICELESS! Everyone should read this!
#3 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Not in you ddc but.. THat is a beautiful story. Little wren is adorable! Congratulations.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#4 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 PM

Oh Robina, this is absolutely lovely!

The details make your story so beautiful and universal and unique all at once. I resonated with so many of the bits of your story (we also had the song "float on" in heavy rotation...), as I'm sure lots of your readers will. Thank you so much for sharing this.

And it's odd--with all that dark hair and sweet faces--I think our daughters look a bit alike!
#5 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

wow, thank you all so much!!

joy, that makes me feel better about "float on." and, you know what, i thought the same thing when i saw pictures of glory!

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#6 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM

Oh, god, that made me bawl too. So much of it resonated with me, and I love the humor and honesty that you wrote with. Thank you for writing and posting that, Robina!
#7 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM

OMG I just got to the pancake part 3 paragraphs into it, I think and I am sobbing. I love the idea of three significant things to focus on. I think I'll do that.

You are an excellent writer. I can;t wait to finish this, but my kids are staring at me wondering why I am crying so much.
#8 of 11 Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 PM

You are making postpartum women all over the country CRY! What a moving story. *sniff, sniff* Wren will be very happy and proud to have such a beautiful record of her birth!
#9 of 11 Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Thank you for posting your birth story. You had such a great attitude about birth, and great strength and confidence in yourself. Your story was very inspiring. Wren is such little beauty.She is so lucky to have such a touching record of her own birth. I love her name too,by the way.
Blessings to you and your family.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#10 of 11 Old 11-29-2007, 01:38 PM

wowwwwww very moving.. thanks so much for sharing with us.. also some very funny moments..
#11 of 11 Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, mamas!

i definitely wonder about wrenna reading this someday. it's still so surreal to me that i have A DAUGHTER -- i'm fascinated by how our relationship will evolve.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page