Avery Grace is here... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to my OB appt on Nov 19. The midwife stripped my membranes and told me if I am ready I will go into labor (I was 2 cm dialated) if not I will just have alot of contractions. I did start having contractions around 4PM (mild) and they became regular every 5 min. (around 6 PM) and stronger then my usual BH cntrx.We went to my daughters dance class at 7 PM, and I was in early labor. We went home and they got a little stronger but I still felt apprehensive to go to the hospital just yet. I was nervous to wait too long since it was my 2nd baby. Anyway around 11PM I called the midwife and she told me to come in to get checked. I was 3-4 centimeters dialated. I ended up being admitted and basically there were no changers for like 10 hours. we walked, and walked, and walked. I made it to a good 4 cm. How dissapointing. The cntrx were strong but still bearable, every 4-6 min-but short in length, and not effective. They said I could go home or have a little pitocen. My brothers wife was sent home and woke up the next morning feeling strange and returned to the hospital and the baby was stillborn. So I was freaked out about going home. We walkd for another hour-no change! Ugh! I should have never had her strip my membranes! Now I was on the road to medical intervention.... Once you do the pit, your most likely going to do the epi because the contrx go from bearable to UNBEARABLE in seconds. So that is how it happened I had this earth shattering contrx that made me cry. Before you knew it I was hooked up to every machine on earth. As much as I aspire to be an all natural mama. I will not give birth naturally in this lifetime. I tried 2 times. It's just not gonna happen. I am a wimp. But it's okay.... once I had the epi...I relaxed and labored her right up to the end and pushed her out in 4 pushes.

To all you mama's who birthed your babies naturally....I am in awe of you. Maybe in my next lifetime......

Avery Grace was born at 2:41 PM on Tuesday Nov. 20. At 8 pds, 4 oz. We did not do vit K shot, or hep B-and waited 10 minutes untill the cord stopped pulsating and made them wait an hour to do all the other stuff so we could bond and nurse. It was actually a lovely birth. She is nursing like a champ, and her booty is covered in cloth. We are loving every minute of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 01:00 PM

:Avery!!

Love, love the name!! Top on my list if he was a girl!
#3 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM

Hey, being an all-natural mama is more than just at the birth - it sounds like you're doing great as it is! Plus you tried twice, which is a lot more than many people would have! Enjoy your baby and don't beat yourself up over anything. You brought another human being into this world, which is impressive enough no matter how she got here!

Congrats and welcome Avery! (It is a great name )

DS (2) and someone new in March 2011
#4 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM

Congratulations mama and welcome baby Avery! As PP has said, being a natural mama doesn't mean that everything will go according to plan at the birth - given the circumstances, you made a decision that was right for you and your baby and should feel proud of yourself for welcoming a baby into the world into a loving home.
#5 of 7 Old 11-29-2007, 04:25 PM

Congrats, mama! Can't wait to see pics
#6 of 7 Old 11-30-2007, 05:59 AM

congratulations. You must be so proud.
#7 of 7 Old 11-30-2007, 10:41 AM

Congratulations mama...don't despair over the epidural, you were still able to push her out no problem right! Good work and Happy Birthday Avery!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page