I am ready for another one! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I crazy? I am a basket case and had a hellish labor but I want another one! I may change my tune when Mairaed is 2... Is anyone else already thinking about another? DH is not thrilled with me- maybe because he remembers what a hormonal bitch I was (am?) but if it was OK I would start trying right now.

Maybe I should have my head examined.

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 01:01 PM

My DH is the same as yours. He doesn't want anymore because according to him I become a bitch on wheels for a couple months after the baby is born (to which I reply, you run on 3 hours of sleep and get NO help from your co-parent and see how cheery you are)..crap maybe thats what he's talking about

Any-hoo, yeah, I want anothe one. Not for a while, mind you, but I've decided we'll start TTC in summer 2009. Given our fertility issues that should give us roughly 2 years between pregnancies and roughly 2 years 9 months between kiddos. Near perfect IMO.

James and Aldria are 2 years, 9 months almost to the day (minus 1 day...James was born on the 30th, Aldria on the 29th)

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
#3 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 01:53 PM

We swore we were done having kids until the twins were born. Now we are definately talking of #6 (and hopefully ttc once babies are 1). I know everyone is going to think we are absolutely insane to even be thinking of more babies after 5 kids with twins included, but we just don't have that "done" feeling yet!
#4 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 01:59 PM

i definitely want more children (wren is our first and we have always wanted a big family) but even so i am surprised by how much i think about this already. especially considering we won't even start trying for another couple of years.

when i was in labor, i turned to my husband and said, "i don't ever want to do this again!" then for like two days pp i was so in awe of the pain of labor that i was like "how will i ever CHOOSE to do this again?" by three days pp i was like, "that sucked but i will definitely do it again;" now i'm like "what pain?"

it doesn't help that even though i had a miserable first tri i LOVED being pregnant and missed feeling her inside of me like two seconds after she was out. and my husband is of the opinion that i made both pregnancy and childbirth "look easy" (his words) so he's all for doing it again whenever.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

#5 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM

We HAVE to be done because pregnancy is SO hard on me (therefore hard on the family) that I am nonexistent as a mom all the way through. For instance, I have done more for my kids this week than I did for MONTHS during the pregnancy. They need their mama too much for me to have more. Hubby is scheduled for a vasectomy this month.

But after Lachlan's birth, I would LOVE another! I think about it every day. I would wait 3-6 years again though, so that's DEFINITELY not going to happen. Oh but somehow I would love to get my hands on a girl or another baby somewhere :

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#6 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 02:27 PM

I think we're done. I'm crazy about my girls, don't get me wrong, but having Lucy made our family feel complete. I've told my DH that Anna shifted us from "couple" to "family" status, and Lucy makes that family feel whole. Mind you, I'm not getting rid of the maternity clothes until DH makes the appointment for his v-snip. I get pregnant if he sneezes on me.

boogiemonster | the hairy scotsman | anna the elf | lucy the sprite | wee faerie faye, born 01/02/11

#7 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiemonster View Post
Mind you, I'm not getting rid of the maternity clothes until DH makes the appointment for his v-snip. I get pregnant if he sneezes on me.
I don't think it's the snot that's doing it. Maybe another bodily fluid though!

Likewise, I don't think the hubby and I will be having much sex until he gets the all clear in a couple of months. He's scheduled for a snip Dec 13th. We have always used pull out as our method and it's worked fine, but this time.. well this would just be our luck! So w're just going to avoid each other for a while.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
#8 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisiedotes View Post
Am I crazy? I am a basket case and had a hellish labor but I want another one!
Shall I send you mine? He was up every 45 minutes last night and my nipples are killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robina_josephine
]when i was in labor, i turned to my husband and say, "i don't ever want to do this again!" then for like two days pp i was so in awe of the pain of labor that i was like "how will i ever CHOOSE to do this again?" by three days pp i was like, "that sucked but i will definitely do it again;" now i'm like "what pain?"
Isn't that wild? I had the same experience. I remember feeling like it was the most difficult, painful thing I had ever done and I would never sign up for that experience again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiemonster
I've told my DH that Anna shifted us from "couple" to "family" status, and Lucy makes that family feel whole.
I feel the same way. We are done at 2 for a variety of reasons -- age, money, sanity.
#9 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 02:54 PM

we had agreed THIS was the last planned and plotted pregancy for us -- we say that as if God chooses to bless us, we woud never be sad, but we decided this was the last time we'd TTC .....

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

then on the way home from the hsptial

DH asks if i want to try again, and when, and says "maybe we should do it sonner this time" (uhhhh we started with DS1 was 9 months, it took 6 months) our boys are 23.5 months apart .... how much closer does he want them??? .............

but see we are at a point that due to our ages we get one more "family additon" ....... we can choose to TTC again, and that can be our final additon ...... or we can choose to adopt as we both want to, and that can be our final addition ........ mathmatically, at our ages, there is not time to do both ......so which ever we choose to do next is IT .........

it is tough; i actually loved this birth (hated Theo's ) and who doesn't love a cuddle little tiny new born ... and the BF and all ....

If this birth had been like Theo's there would be no way I'd even be thinking about it -- but this birth was awsome and this pregancy so much better too ......

but

is that really what motherhood is? i think it is more of a physical lust -- not for a man but for soemthing, ie pregancy and birth -- more than it is the reality of motherhood ..... the reality of motherhood is years of sleepless nights, and kisses boo-boos and sick kids and messy houses and trying to talk a 2 year old into wanting to get in a car seat and so on ................

So while i lust after another pregancy and birth .....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh if i were yonger and didn't have only ONE time left ...........

: : : :

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#10 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 PM

I've decided that I hate being pg..but would do it again completely - and hopefully soon! I do love birthing and labor - even S's induction was so worth it - granted, I have easy labors and hopefully I didnt just jinx myself!

It took us 3 years and 3 mc (including H's twin) to get him. It was hard, but, I am willing to do it again. And sooner than 4.5 years...I'm getting too old.
#11 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah... I am 32 which isn't too old but a far cry from the age I wanted to be when starting a family... my aunt had her first at age 38 and her second at 41 so I feel like I still have time but I don't want to wait too long! I wanted a big family- at least 6 kids- but I don't see that happening financially. Unless I pimp out DH...

I miss being pregnant too. I look at Mairaed in awe- this little girl was INSIDE me? And now she is out? :

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#12 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 04:19 PM

We definitely want more!

If God's ok with it, just one at a time from now on. Don't get me wrong, we love Hazel and Lucy, but MAN are they a LOT of work.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#13 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 PM

I had a great pregnancy this time around, compared to my misery the first time, but I still swore when pregnant that this was the last time (partly because I felt that to try again would jinx the great pregnancy I was having).

But as soon as Silas was born, I was ready to go with a second. And DH has agreed that we do need to talk about it - he hasn't outright rejected a third! In my heart of hearts, I always wanted 3 or 4, so I may get that.
#14 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 04:25 PM

My plan is to have 4 children, stopping ideally before I'm 30 years old (I'm 23, will turn 24 in Feb). We will TTC #3 in July/August 2009. Ideally getting pg within 3 months (thats how long it took with Aldria) so I'm bettin on November 2009 falling preggo. Having baby sometime in August 2010. Then we will TTC #4 in April/May 2012, ideally falling preggo sometime late Summer...baby born May 2013. So 9 months before my 30th birthday.

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
#15 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
If God's ok with it, just one at a time from now on. Don't get me wrong, we love Hazel and Lucy, but MAN are they a LOT of work.
DITTO!!!! I told my dh that we were only allowed to have a singleton pregnancy next. This twin pregnancy kicked my butt, recovery has been double as hard, and taking care of two newborns at once is definately a challenge!
#16 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robina_josephine View Post

when i was in labor, i turned to my husband and said, "i don't ever want to do this again!" then for like two days pp i was so in awe of the pain of labor that i was like "how will i ever CHOOSE to do this again?" by three days pp i was like, "that sucked but i will definitely do it again;" now i'm like "what pain?"
Oh boy, me too. Labor was no picnic, but I'm almost over it. I was wondering if I'd ever want to do it again, but it turns out I'm already thinking about it! Yeah, give me a couple of weeks and I think I'd do it all over in a minute.
#17 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 05:39 PM

See, I love this DDC for so many reasons. I was just sitting here nursing Caleb thinking, "wow, I can't wait to do this all over again!" Then I log on to MDC and what are you ladies talking about?! Why, it's like you read my mind!

Maisie, I totally don't think you are crazy at all. Well, okay, maybe a little bit...but only cause you want to do it like *right now*. If you'd said you'd like to wait a few months, then I would say not crazy at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lindsey* View Post
We definitely want more!

One at a time will be a cake-walk for you twin mamas after what you've been through! You're amazing! :
#18 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM

LOL, I have had that experience. All through my PG with DD, we were saying this is it, we are done after this, this pregnancy has been so hard, 2 kids is perfect, etc. But within a few weeks of her birth I was already thinking how much I wanted to do it all again! It took a long time to convince DH though. But here we are, waiting on #3...

It is kind of like Aimee said, a lust to be pregnant and birth again. At least that is what it was like for me at first, a physical desire even when my mind told me it was crazy! I think it makes sense that we would feel a strong biological desire to have more babies and continue the species.

Seriously though, I hope I feel done after this baby. I want that feeling of peace, closure, and completeness that some ladies describe!!
#19 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 05:50 PM

i am soooooooooo done.. at 43 and having had three colicky boys and one asd too.. yikes... so so done here..

don't misinterpret, i love my boys and appreciate them so mch just definitely counting blessings and am done.. we are lucky and blessed and done yay...
#20 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 06:13 PM

Count me in as nuts as well. Money and resources tells me though it is best to wait on a 4th baby till my second child is old enough to help. I loved having my 2nd when my 1st was 6 years old as she is very very helpful. She is homeschooling and that is taking up more and more time plus all the extra groups and teams and such and though she is great with her brother, I can not count on much help from her and Daddy is often deployed. Her and I can only do so much. Right now she is 8 and DS is 2. She gets them breakfast and sometimes lunch even while I take care of baby. She even reads a few books to her brother and the new baby. With hubby home it will be wonderful to give him the babies and focus more time alone with her and her studies.

so ya, waiting here.

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#21 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 06:15 PM

This was our last. Just more reason to cherish every day I suppose.
If I had all the $ in the world, I would have more. But even I have to realize my limitations.

Mama to 3:
#22 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 PM

I have three kids ges 8,6,4 and am about to try for one more, even though i went through hell with my last two pregs (pre-eclampsia)
#23 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 06:32 PM

I'd like a 4th, maybe even a 5th, but pregnancy was pretty rough this time. I really don't want to go through that again. But like many of you, as soon as Piper was born, dh and I started throwing in the words "next time" this and "next time" that, but then we'd remind each other that we're not sure if there will be a next time. Basically, we both want more, but we're not sure how to make it work, and I know this has been really hard on dh, missing it all. So, that's a big part of it for both of us. I absolutely don't want to have another baby unless we are sure we will be together for at least 2 years, so he can be with us for the pregnancy and first year of the baby's life. And we'll definitely put at least another 3 year age difference between Piper and the next one. Bronwynn and Piper are 3 yrs and 1 week apart in age and it's nice. But we may wait even 4 or 5 years. We'll see.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#24 of 32 Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 PM

I am ready for another, for sure. DH and I are open to Gods plan for our family, but I'm not sure if we will actively TTC for another. I would, for sure.. . but DH is a little more on the fence. I have had some major scares with each PG (car accidents, hemmoraghing after DS2, thoughts that DS3 may have Down's) so I think that has scared DH a bit with trying for more. But we'll see. He was pretty firm on no TTC after DS2, but came around. Just yesterday he mentioned needing a bigger van if we had more (shocked the HECK out of me). I have always wanted a big family (my mom comes from a family of 12) but thought I would have started my family much younger.. . . DH is 40 now and I am 34 and I know I don't have a lot of time. Just trying to enjoy each day with Sam, knowing he could be it, but maybe not. Like some other Mamas have said, I just want to 'feel' done when I'm done, and I don't feel that way yet. Maybe someday I will find that peace if Sam is really 'it' for us. I too lust I think like Aimee said over the whole getting pregnant, pregnancy and birth experience. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE motherhood, but its super hard work and sometimes I think I don't think about all that comes along with adding more to our family. Ok, enough rambling, lol. But yea... I want another!

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
#25 of 32 Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMama View Post
My DH is the same as yours. He doesn't want anymore because according to him I become a bitch on wheels for a couple months after the baby is born (to which I reply, you run on 3 hours of sleep and get NO help from your co-parent and see how cheery you are)..crap maybe thats what he's talking about
My DH want many more....Moms might "forget" the pain of birth....My DH "forgets" the Uber bitchy me in the first week postpartum when He is "too tired to help with new or old babies...
I do not have the urge right now to have more.....I know I want more and even though we are both of the let Godd decide when camp....I hope he decides on a little further apart spaced DC for our next babe...as I think another so close together might do me in mentally. Physically this has been my best pregnancy so far with the fewest hospital visits, and the best labour delivery...and the easiest baby...But my older two are high needs and I need a little more time before the baby lust would start.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#26 of 32 Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 AM

I don't think your nuts. I didn't consider another until dd was over 1, but she was a very difficult baby. (very high needs) She has gotten so much easier as she got older. So you probably won't change your mind! It gets so much better as they eat less often and sleep in longer stretches. And they even self occupy for a little bit as they get older!
#27 of 32 Old 12-03-2007, 01:06 PM

i have to say that if we do this again i want to do it soon and keep all the kids close together.

Sis has an 8 yo and a 6 yo and a new baby -- who has been dropped by each boy cuz they think they are big :

other sis has a 4 yo and a 9 month old and the 4 yo takes every BF time to run off and creat big trouble .. he KNOWS what he is doing...

Yikes .....

I may have two babies -- but at least mine are both int he same "age group"

I worry about T bering 4 with C being 2 if we have another .....

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#28 of 32 Old 12-03-2007, 01:32 PM

I always thought we were done after this one, but I'm crazy like all of you. The thing is, I don't want another child, just another birth experience. (I know, I'm the REALLY crazy one. : ) This birth was wonderful, empowering, fantastic, incredible, etc. ad nauseum. And I don't want to be pregnant again, and I'm so over the nursing marathons and sleepless nights and spit-up and crying, and all I want is another birth like this one. But birth is no reason to have another child. And who knows what my next birth would be like--maybe a hellish one like my first one. So I guess we're done!

I'll just have to become a childbirth educator or a doula or something bc now I'm obsessed with birth.
#29 of 32 Old 12-03-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm done having babies from my body and DH is SO done having babies period. But I don't feel done. I think I will be in mourning for a long time over that :

I don't know if it's because I don't have a girl or if it's because I don't have enough babies to satisfy the urge yet. Just so sad

#30 of 32 Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Gina

when you are ready -- in a while -- we can talk abot adopting though the state foster care system ..... it is very low cost and with the IRS upping the tax credit for adoption, can be "no cost" by the time everything washs out .....

you don't have to be done just cuz your body is

we'll talk when the time comes

A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page